Kill The Kryptonite

Discussion in 'Superman Sequels' started by He-Man, Jun 14, 2013.

?

KRYPTONITE?

1. Bring It In The 2nd Film

2. 3RD Times The Charm

3. Save It For The Justice League. Batman To The Rescue

4. KILL THE KRYPTONITE

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 113

113 Well-Known Member

I'll amend my above post by saying if this is how they implement kryptonite then I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it.

Have it depower him a bit; not instantly incapacitate him as it's depicted historically in the comics and movies and tv shows because that's annoying as hell.

2. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member

Whatever happens, Kryptonite should not be introduced in the Justice League film. I don't want to see Batman and the rest shine while Superman is weakened and struggling to resist a personal weakness. I want Batman and Superman to stand aside one another as equals. Introducing Kryptonite at the same time as Batman being a badass will feel like just PIS to make Batman look cooler than Superman. This is coming from a hardcore Batman fan but a casual Superman fan BTW.

3. Thundercrack85

Thundercrack85 Well-Known Member

From a writing standpoint, Kryptonite is a godsend.

Without it only super powerful aliens can be a real physical threat.

I really have no problem with it, so long as it isn't over-used.

4. storyteller

storyteller Well-Known Member

The trick to writing with Kryptonite is that the story shouldn't hinge on it. Ie you go leave Superman in a room with a Kryptonite pendent and act all surprised that he escapes and stops your plan.

On the other hand you use it so slow him down or take the time to have a conversation as you send in killer robots.

In Lois and Clark, Lex made a kryptonite cage. Now it sucks for Superman but the story wasn't centered around the cage being Kryptonite. It was a way for Lex to win and gloat. It also forced Superman to think up a real solution.

5. JonKent

JonKent Well-Known Member

Only 2 people can posses the Kryptonite Lex as a ring and Batman for his JL couter if Supes go rogue,but in time the more Supes absorb the yellow sun not even a meteor size Kryptonite can stop him just like the Kingdom Come Supes he can eat it for breakfast lol!

6. The Question

The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Yeah, if you're lazy.

If the only notion of a real physical threat is two dudes punching each other. Lex Luthor is supposed to be a threat because he comes at Superman in two ways that his powers can't beat: Lex's intellect and Lex's resources. Having Kryptonite ruins any chance of seeing Lex's brains on display at all. Getting lucky and finding a deus ex machina rock doesn't prove your intelligence at all.

Seriously guys, Kryptonite is the least necessary aspect of the Superman mythos. Not having it forces the writers to write smarter. Not having it just makes the story better.

7. storyteller

storyteller Well-Known Member

Also there are ways to physically hurt a person without smacking them.

8. A&W

A&W Well-Known Member

I wonder if batman should be the one to discover kryptonite.

9. Gianakin_

Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

We all think Lex is coming in MoS2. Now, with Batman announced (whether it's gonna be MoS2 or WF), I'm pretty sure there will be kryptonite.

10. Steamteck

Steamteck Well-Known Member

Superman doesn't need kryptonite any more than Thor needs to turn back to Don Blake after 60 seconds without his hammer. Its just a way to threaten the characters through lazy writing. They've established to though but not unhurtable guy and already introduced the Krytonian atmosphere trick if they absolutely have too. Good riddance Kryptonite

11. Steamteck

Steamteck Well-Known Member

I like your way of thinking kryptonite stories always seem poor in comparison to non Kryptonite stories to me.

12. ares834

ares834 Vader's Fist

Get rid of it. I can't stand Kryptonite. Instead of being lazy, give the villain a complex plan to take down superman don't have him shove a shiny rock in Supes face.

13. The Hill

The Hill Frat House Member

When I first saw that, I thought that was how Kryptonite was going to be used in this new universe. And then the World engine might have tera formed some of the Earth, thus giving Krypton's atmosphere a physical form.

14. NewYorkSpider

I can see both arguments about Kryptonite, but I think with Lex/Batman being in the sequel, we can expect it.

15. XtremelyBaneful

i think snyder hinted here that we will get it in mos2

16. sf2

sf2 Well-Known Member

It must be made super raw. Not every museum or home backyard can find one easily.

17. Superwoman Prime

Superwoman Prime Damaged Beyond Repair

Hank Henshaw's cooler than Metallo could ever hope to be, and fully fulfills our Terminator fetish.

18. alexnyc

alexnyc Well-Known Member

The kryptonite should be eliminated forever and if there was a way that superman and him only can take it somewhere far without killing him instantly where it can't be found by no one would be even better.