King Kong Extended Edition officially announced.

Edenbeast said:
Here is a picture of the gift set edition

Hope they put some artwork on the discs, they look very bland being all black.

Yessssssssssssss!

150Kip.jpg

Gamma Ray said:
The only film that absolutely NEEDS an extended edition is Superman Returns.

Yes, the theatrical version was bad enough, no need to throw even more crap into it.

Flexo said:
There is about 30 minutes worth of deleted footage.

At least, that's what PJ has said before.

I just checked again, and only 13 minutes are to be added back in. I think there's something like another 40 minutes of deleted scenes, but those don't count.

JTStarkiller said:
I just checked again, and only 13 minutes are to be added back in. I think there's something like another 40 minutes of deleted scenes, but those don't count.

Ah, sorry. My mistake.

Either way, I think it'll be great. I mean, the extended cuts of PJ's other works are pretty spiffy.

I can't even watch the theatrical version of The Frighteners anymore.

Flexo said:
Ah, sorry. My mistake.

Either way, I think it'll be great. I mean, the extended cuts of PJ's other works are pretty spiffy.

I can't even watch the theatrical version of The Frighteners anymore.

The director's cut of The Frighteners is friggin' awesome.

Gamma Ray said:
The only film that absolutely NEEDS an extended edition is Superman Returns.

A Superman Returns:Extended Cut would be great. But, similar to lots of other extended cuts- it wouldn't be "needed", but it would definitely bring alot more great scenes into the film.

Own lots of extended cuts, most of which are PJ's extended cuts- all are great.

IMO, the only film- that I know of- that ever "needed" an extended cut was Daredevil because of what Fox turned it into in the editing room: mixing scenes around, getting rid of major aspects of the plot entirely, etc.

I thought it was already the extended edition.

haha...

Movie buyers are so silly. To use the claim that it is greedy to release an extended version months after a theatrical version has been out is just stupid. You do realize you don't HAVE to buy it don't you? I mean it's a movie, something that isn't essential to life, so therefore it's a luxury item.

Quit calling it greed and start calling it stupidity on your part for buying something you can't afford.:up:

Man-Thing said:
haha...

Movie buyers are so silly. To use the claim that it is greedy to release an extended version months after a theatrical version has been out is just stupid. You do realize you don't HAVE to buy it don't you? I mean it's a movie, something that isn't essential to life, so therefore it's a luxury item.

Quit calling it greed and start calling it stupidity on your part for buying something you can't afford.

It's our choice to buy it, what a stupid comment you just posted.

Ultimate Movie-Man said:
It's our choice to buy it, what a stupid comment you just posted.

don't complain over the price then, because it is a luxury item.:up:

I own all three LOTR extended DVD's, I'm just saying it's stupid to complain over the price of it because in truth it's something that nobody NEEDS, but rather they WANT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"