Kingsman: The Golden Circle

For me the biggest problem with it was that it was just not funny. Like the one at the end of the first film was at least kind of amusing. Here, nope.

And as for:
Roxy's death. It was just pointless, unnecessary, and a total waste of a good character. It didn't even mean anything really. There was no reason why she couldn't have gone with Eggsy and Merlin on the mission, that'd have been cool.

Or heck it might have been more interesting/less predictable if Merlin had died early on, because then you'd have had two inexperienced agents trying to deal with this threat, without even their tech backup. And speaking of Merlin, his sacrifice fell completely flat for me to.

I will see it for myself in theaters, without reading the spoilers. All I'm saying is that not every movie has to be PC. Frankly, I don't care. It's escapism. People get murdered in movies, yet no complains about the disrespect for human lives. Y'know what I mean? Movies aren't supposed to be blueprints for how to treat other people. It doesn't mean that I'm stepping out of the theaters treating women like ****.

It's pulpy, irriverent entertainment. The "anal sex scene" in the original made me laugh out loud. I love it. It's dirty humor. There's no need to scrutinize it. In both his stand ups Eddie Murphy says stuff which would in inacceptable today, but man if it ain't funny as hell. I'm able to watch it without thinking about how "that's not correct. You're not supposed to say that." Let entertainment be entertainment.

Agreed. I didn't think the scene DACrowe blacklisted was misogynistic at all. One could make a stronger argument for the anal joke at the end of the first movie. I didn't like that joke, not because it was misogynistic, but because it was a stupid way to end the movie.

I think that the joke in this one is far less funny personally.

Also
Jeff Bridges and Channing Tatum didn't need to be here. They're wasted in these roles.

No they didn't need to be there at all and they had almost nothing to do. The obvious solution would've been to basically combine the Whiskey and Tequila characters.

Also, Harry didn't need to be there either. I still don't get the logic of bringing that character back, other than that Colin Firth was sort of the best part about the original and the breakout role.

And yeah it just wasn't as funny or clever as the original.

I think the main thing I liked was that Eggsy got together with Tilde and did sort of subvert that spy movie trope. But the thing with the other girl was BAD and they went way too far with that gag. I get that Kingsman was really cartoony and over the top with its depiction of violence. But I'm not sure why we needed to see that. The execution and writing for that tracking device subplot were just bad.

Why would a tracking device even need to be put there? In the first movie, Valentine used a tracking gel in wine. Sort of a dumb way to track the movements of a civilian.

I felt the deaths in this movie were completely unnecessary.

thing is vaughn is taking page from bond films where ally of bond or even a lover of bond is killed by the enemy.just thing as daiwan in first class.

A lot of the Bond tropes are so absurd and moronic when you prosaically break them down that they can only work in films containing James Bond. The first Kingsman also had a unique atmosphere, it's quite silly for them to want to incorporate other (ill-fitting) spy film elements into a franchise that seemed to be its own thing.

So Vaughn apparently says he wants to do a third and have the Rock as the villain.

He gonna do that before or after he is done apologizing for Fant4stic? :o

You know Harry's return felt strangely, underwhelming here. Like if you're going to jump through such huge plot-hoops in order to bring him back, at least do something truly cool/interesting with him. But here, they really didn't.

So his return felt rather tacked-on in many ways.

I liked the movie, not as much as the 1st, but it was decent. 6/10

Didn’t like the unexpected deaths . Gallahad’s return felt odd. Jeff Bridges was wasted. Never really liked Channing Tatum and his horrible Kentucky accent was worse than anything heard from the Arakansas hillbillies in Deliverance. Bridges and Halle Berry could’ve been shelved for the 3rd movie. I absolutely hated what Vaughan did with Merlin.

So Vaughn apparently says he wants to do a third and have the Rock as the villain.

What he didn't tell us is "The Rock" to which he's referring is Don Muraco.

Last edited:
You know Harry's return felt strangely, underwhelming here. Like if you're going to jump through such huge plot-hoops in order to bring him back, at least do something truly cool/interesting with him. But here, they really didn't.

So his return felt rather tacked-on in many ways.

They also kind of hand-waived his whole conflict with seeing the butterflies. I think Whiskey basically said he was faking that the whole time. Not sure if I'm interpreting that right, but that's how it came off.

I was fine with killing off Galahad in the first film because his death was shocking and it did help with Eggsy's journey. But yeah to do all that to bring him back, they couldn't figure it out to me.

Finally seeing this tonight.

Our local cinema showed the first couple of days ago so we went to re-watch it.

Had forgotten how much of a blast it was. Hope the sequel is as fun :)

How much did this flick cost to make?

23 mil more than the first one

Guys, I'm sorry, I had an absolute blast with this movie. This is an easy 9-9.5/10 film for me. Its everything you could want in a blockbuster sequel, bigger action, bigger stakes, bigger cast, its expertly directed, good satirical, tongue in cheek humor, well acted with a charming cast and there is a ton of heart. There is a surprising amount of emotional weight and character building in this film. I cannot imagine anyone walking away from this movie and not have a smile on their face, this is a pure F.U.N. crowdpleaser.

I guess some people are put off by the length, and admittedly it is a little long but, to me, thats be expected with a sequel that is going for more epic stakes, you know? This is one of the best sequels I've seen in recent memory, I'm flat out floored by its mixed reception.

This is my new Charlie's Angels! I don't care what the critics say. I thought it was fun and entertaining. And for its budget, it looked really good and I just like how everything looked stylized.

The highlights for me are Pedro Pascal and Halle Berry! Halle was really likable here and hopefully in a sequel, she would get to do what Whiskey did, action wise. I love every Whiskey action piece, that lasso/rope were so dope! Elton John was fun too. Love all the tech.

I can't wait for the threequel!

This is my new Charlie's Angels! I don't care what the critics say. I thought it was fun and entertaining. And for its budget, it looked really good and I just like how everything looked stylized.

The highlights for me are Pedro Pascal and Halle Berry! Halle was really likable here and hopefully in a sequel, she would get to do what Whiskey did, action wise. I love every Whiskey action piece, that lasso/rope were so dope! Elton John was fun too. Love all the tech.

I can't wait for the threequel!
Every Elton John scene had me laughing so hard.

Glad you guys seem to like it, too. It's not as tight as the first one but man, what a blast of a film this is. Vaughn directed the **** out of this. This is one movie that most certainly does not deserve its RT score.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"