Kingsman: The Golden Circle

It will probably do well overseas and good enough to get a sequel. If they make a sequel, I hope they polish up the script a lot more. I do genuinely love the original.

It will be lucky to crack $100M domestically.

Not holding my breath on a third film. These aren't the numbers that make another one happen and the critical reaction is quite toxic. There's a reason Vaughn was already blaming the marketing department for giving away Firth's return in recent weeks.

Last edited:
It will be a shame if this ends up a duology, joining Kick Ass, Fantastic Four, Hellboy, 300, Sin City, Amazing Spider-Man and Ghost Rider in that category. But I predict Fox will move forward with a 3rd one though I sense a budget decrease from the 2nd one.

Last edited:
Lazy and repulsive.

When Channing Tatum dancing for 10 seconds and an extended Elton John cameo are the highlights of your two and a half hour film, you know you're in deep trouble.

If these were the highlights of the film for you, then sorry, but you've entirely missed all the fun and should re-watch the film again.

I thought that this might be one of those movies that audiences flock to despite negative reviews. It's very much a crowd pleasing film with lots of applause-worthy and laugh out loud moments that the GA would eat up. Guess RT really does affect BO.

If these were the highlights of the film for you, then sorry, but you've entirely missed all the fun and should re-watch the film again.

A movie where the hero sneaks a tracking device up a girl's....
Sorry, but you've entirely missed the point. Truly repulsive. You can like that all you want but I'm not sitting through that lazy garbage again, and I liked The Secret Service.

Spending that much time on the scene....

Look it's not that it was politically incorrect. It was just that it was such a dumb and stupid thing to spend time on. To actually animate and CG render that...even in a movie like Kingsman was beyond ridiculous.

In the first movie, they had tracking gel they spent all of about one line on. Why would you need to put a tracking device in there? Just put it in a phone or handbag.

To be fair, I think the point of that scene was to get Princess T to break up with Eggsy.

I enjoyed the movie overall but the deaths were highly unnecessary.

To be fair, I think the point of that scene was to get Princess T to break up with Eggsy.

I enjoyed the movie overall but the deaths were highly unnecessary.
That point was also dumb forced conflict IMHO.

I thought it was hilarious, personally. I mean it was forced sure but does anyone take these movies seriously? They are made to point out the stupidity of spy movies and the trope that spies can just **** whoever is ludicrous but why not give it some plot significance?

So the actuals are in and Kingsman 2 opened with 39 million in the domestic BO. Increased 7.73% from the Secret Service. Although there aren't individual updates in most of the foreign countries, the OS total is up to date and the OW is 58.7 million. Came in almost 3.7% lower than the early estimates.

OTOH, another site is reporting 61.2 million OS OW. So let's go with the bigger one.

In any case, I think there's a solid chance that China, Japan and South Korea will put this one over the world-wide BO of Secret Service.

Last edited:
"That scene" is a prime example of the problem with some people trying to do "parody" or "satire." You have to actually have a point to it, to have something to say. And for much of this movie, including that scene, this wasn't the case. They just, did stuff and then tried to call it "satire." And sorry, but it wasn't (or at least not good satire) because there's nothing clever about it.

Also the scene was entirely too long, it wasn't funny (and I love raunchy humor when it's done well), and it's only purpose was to create a conflict that I found really tedious and counter-productive. There was no need for it, like quite a few scenes in this film actually.

I disagree, there was a point to it, it wasn't there just for the sake of a joke, it was there to actually show that Eggsy, unlike Bond, for example, [BLACKOUT]actually feels conflicted and horrible about sleeping with this woman and touching her in such a way because he actually does care for his girlfriend. The scene was bookmarked with Eggsy saying "i cant do this, I can't sleep with you." It would've been much worse and more crass if he was like "eh, screw my girlfriend, let's do this." [/BLACKOUT]

The whole scene was actually pretty dramatic.

I disagree, there was a point to it, it wasn't there just for the sake of a joke, it was there to actually show that Eggsy, unlike Bond, for example, [BLACKOUT]actually feels conflicted and horrible about sleeping with this woman and touching her in such a way because he actually does care for his girlfriend. The scene was bookmarked with Eggsy saying "i cant do this, I can't sleep with you." It would've been much worse and more crass if he was like "eh, screw my girlfriend, let's do this." [/BLACKOUT]

hard to buy into the drama when they show a tracking device where it went.

So did they cast someone to play young Colin Firth or was he digitally de-aged?

I felt exhausted after watching this but I enjoyed it. I want to see a third. FOX will make a sequel if this gets close to 400 million worldwide. The director did confirm that a third will be the last, so they might as well go for it.

Yeah not buying it:
First of all, the idea that it's meant to be "dramatic" when it ends with planting a tracker up a woman's lady bits, is absurd. No, It was there for the sake of a vagina joke, and to contrive some DRAAAMMMAAA between Eggsy and hi GF when none was needed (there was too much stuff going on in this movie already, adding that nonsense on top of it was just unnecessary.

Simple, such a scene was needed AT ALL because we didn't need to establish that. Vaughn wanted a sex joke, that's why that's there. Simple as that.

First one was amazing, this one was alright except for a few really stupid things.

I can't believe they played out Roxy like that and I thought Tatum would have a lot more stuff to do in this film.

But man, Roxy, just like that?

And yeah the ***** tracker thing was stupid as hell. Why go to such lenghts to do something so silly? CG rendering even...
SMH

Just got back from this. It’s mediocre as hell. Something’s missing. There’s an emptiness here that wasn’t present in the first film.

It's just tough making a sequel like this because it's mostly to try and capitalize on the success of the first one instead of just having a great natural story to tell.

Just got out, it was a mess but I’m not mad at it. Not feeling how they [BLACKOUT]killed off Roxy and Merlin[/BLACKOUT]. If anything it should have been [BLACKOUT]Roxy and Merlin[/BLACKOUT] there with Eggsy at the last fight. Also there was no need to bring [BLACKOUT]Harry[/BLACKOUT] back. The theater was pretty filled up and people laughed at the Elton John stuff though I think Vaughn did too much with him and really too much in general.

Would it have absolutely killed them to [blackout]give Roxy something to do in this movie? And she had to die on top of that?[/blackout]

I'm a guy and usually the last one to cry Mysogeny but add that to [blackout]the unnecessary and stupid vagina tracker and, well...[/blackout] Yeesh...

Interesting, surprised to see so many lukewarm reactions. I think I've realized that maybe I'm just an easy lay when it comes to these types of films. To me, this was the most fun I've had at the movies in a good while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"