Kingsman: The Golden Circle

I really liked this film. I laughed in a lot of places and Vaughn's style just wins me over every time. I hope he does another and pushes it to the extreme.

I'd give this one an 8/10. :up:

Bravo.

Yeah no begrudging people who like this. It's still fairly fast paced and action-packed.

Seems like this is another X-Men Apocalypse, where people feel its too long and more of the same and I guess at the end of the day your mileage varies depending on how much that bothers you. It didn't to me at all.

To me it would have been a much better movie if they took out a bunch of stuff that made it way longer than it should have been.
As much as I like the character, Galahad should have stayed dead, he was better used in the flashback scene. They could have given all his stuff to Roxy. He fully recovered in the final action scene without any attention. After the intro, get Charlie out of the way and have Whiskey step in a the main physical antagonist in the finale. Cut out all the Elton John stuff. That was 10 minutes added for all that alone.
Not as good as the first but I still enjoyed it.

To me it would have been a much better movie if they took out a bunch of stuff that made it way longer than it should have been.
As much as I like the character, Galahad should have stayed dead, he was better used in the flashback scene. They could have given all his stuff to Roxy. He fully recovered in the final action scene without any attention. After the intro, get Charlie out of the way and have Whiskey step in a the main physical antagonist in the finale. Cut out all the Elton John stuff. That was 10 minutes added for all that alone.
Not as good as the first but I still enjoyed it.

Why cut the best part of the movie?

Agreed with most of this except the Elton John stuff. Sir Elton was one of the best parts of the movie.

Thought it was fine until the fight scene at the end.

So I kinda dug this. Not good as the first, but this was a lot more fun in that it starts at a 10. The pacing in the beginning reminded me of Fury Road.

Seems like this is another X-Men Apocalypse, where people feel its too long and more of the same and I guess at the end of the day your mileage varies depending on how much that bothers you. It didn't to me at all.

Just no.

Kingsman was fun and looked expensive.. Apocalypse wasn't.

Saw it yesterday.

Not as good as the first, but it was as equally crazy and fun! I was perfectly happy with that and entertained throughout the whole film.

And Galahad/Harry stole the show once more for me, along with agent Whiskey.

7.5/10

Honestly that's another critique that you could make against this film:
They just kind of gloss over the fact that most of the world's leaders, and quite a few normal people, died when Valentine executed his plan (and when Merlin sabotaged those chips in their heads). I mean it's only been like a year (if that) in-universe, no way that all of that carnage is fixed so quickly.

They could have done something cool with the chaos and uncertainty that that would have caused around the world. But instead, it's like it never happened. Disappointing.

Honestly that's another critique that you could make against this film:
They just kind of gloss over the fact that most of the world's leaders, and quite a few normal people, died when Valentine executed his plan (and when Merlin sabotaged those chips in their heads). I mean it's only been like a year (if that) in-universe, no way that all of that carnage is fixed so quickly.

They could have done something cool with the chaos and uncertainty that that would have caused around the world. But instead, it's like it never happened. Disappointing.
But that's what vice presidents, and deputy prime ministers are for.

Valentine implied that he had pretty much all of the world leaders onboard. So that doesn't work either. And even so, it's still going to take FAR longer than a year to clean up a mess on that scale.

I got the impression that only presidents, royalties, and prime ministers of the world were invited and that their vice presidents and deputy prime ministers weren't by Valentine.

In a movie with exploding heads and a hench woman with sword legs, I’m willing to suspend some disbelief on being able to restore some order after the what happened in the last movie.

I mean with the whole world trying to kill itself like at the end of the first movie, wouldn't planes have crashed and a lot of bad things happened in that case? Wouldn't a bunch of people actually died before everyone stopping and going "Whoa what was that?"

Not sure I'd call it "trash" but it's definitely inferior to the original and not as clever.

Itsa fun popcorn flick. Think of those Charlie's Angels movies we got from Sony but this is more male oriented and more stylized. Anyway I like light Spy movies like Kingsman, Charlie's Angels and Spy.

I've heard this movie is trash. Any truth to that?

Lazy and repulsive.

When Channing Tatum dancing for 10 seconds and an extended Elton John cameo are the highlights of your two and a half hour film, you know you're in deep trouble.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/kingsman-the-golden-circle-lego-ninjago-it-movie-spider-man-homecoming-war-for-the-planet-of-the-apes-weekend-results-international-box-office-1202175753/

Coming off of a big international box office session last weekend when War For The Planet Of The Apes swung into China, Fox leads again with the debut of Kingsman: The Golden Circle. The Matthew Vaughn-directed sequel cut a $61.2M figure in its bow in 64 offshore markets. Of those, the MARV Films title was No. 1 in 55. At current exchange rates, that’s 63% bigger than Kingsman: The Secret Service in the same grouping and includes $11.1M in the UK where Kingsman 2 ran circles around the previous film. Combined with domestic, the start is $100.2M global.

Its a shame though, that the increase from the first film's domestic ow isn't isn't so big. I don't think it will have stronger legs than the 1st film. Hopefully the international markets are already making up for this.

Its a shame though, that the increase from the first film's domestic ow isn't isn't so big.

Yeah, the 6% increase from the previous movies' domestic OW isn't much. But the first one benefited from opening on a holiday weekend thus inflating the numbers so the increase while not very good isn't too bad either. I do think it should have done more tho because early tracking had this one going over 40 million on OW.

I don't think it will have stronger legs than the 1st film.

Stronger legs were never a possibility. It's a sequel and it'll behave like a front-loaded sequel. I think the movie tops out at 110 million. I can't see more than that.

Hopefully the international markets are already making up for this.

The OS OW is very good so far and it still has China, South Korea and France left to open. Should make up for the domestic BO decline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"