2014 NFL thread: Down and Dirty - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the thing that is getting lost here in all this is how domestic abuse has taken center stage and the nfl cover ups is the fact that a family is destroyed. How can Rice's little girl ever grow up now normally atleast for the next few years and go out to events for her school and have mom and dad there without bringing some type of negative attention. If your Janay Rice and your family sees this tape after you have married this man, how does that not cause friction for the rest of that families life? I understand the media is blowing this way out of proportion because its the NFL and its a top tier talent but my god that has happened in the past and plenty of other worse things with other players why cant we just let Ray and his family work through this in private? The media got its wish and he is out of the league now let the family work through this and stop bringing them up as the poster children for domestic abuse. Its gotten to the point now that Janay had to take to instagram to plead for people to stop essentially and she was the one who got punched. Bottom line the media is out of control and weilds too much power that they have no idea how to use properly.

Im never glad when someone looses there lively hood of earning because who am I to decide if someone can or cant earn there money in life but at the same time the choices we make are ours to bare and Ray ruined his legacy in 2 minutes of video. Do I believe this was a one time incident? No because for all we know they could have had physical altercations in the past and we just happened to get a glimpse of it. But the fact remains the man and his wife both need help because correct me if Im wrong but they both threw punches at each other in that video and I applaud both for recogninzing they needed couples counseling and hope the best for them on there road to recovery. If she chooses to stay with him after all this then that is her business and no one reserves the right to tell her otherwise despite what public perception is.

Same here. But the same people who want ray's head for this are the same people who download Chris browns music and he darn near killed Rihanna and we all saw the horrific photos of his work. See where I'm going with this? Or the woman who beat up jay z in the elevator and that scenario brought in jokes, where was the out cry there? Or is it acceptable for a women to be able to beat up a man and get away with it? I don't have tolerance for Women who put there hands on a man ethier.

I feel like all of your posts the last few days has been an constant attempt to bring heat off Ray Rice and undermine what he did.

I feel like all of your posts the last few days has been an constant attempt to bring heat off Ray Rice and undermine what he did.

Let me be clear once and for
All, I'm sick of being accused of defending ray and his actions. I'm a ravens fan yes, but let's not get it twisted them cutting ray from a moral stand point was the right course and I applaud them for that end of story.

Having said that, everybody wants to act shocked and horrified at the video when we all knew back in the spring time he hit her. Why and I mean why is this story now glorified while other incidents are swept under the rug? Here is a list of other players who have done the same thing Ray has:

Greg Hardy- Carolina- DE - Assaulted his Ex

Darryl Washington - Arizona - LB - Assaulted his Gf (got probation, but nothing from NFL)

Amari Speivey- Detroit- Saftey- 3rd degree assault, risk of injury to a child, disorderly conduct

Michael Boley- Giants- LB - Child Abuse

Leroy Hill- Seattle- LB - 2 count em 2 counts of Domestic Violence

Robert Sands- Cincinatti- CB -Domestic Abuse

Bryan Thomas - NYJ- LB- Aggrevated Assault on his wife

Dez Bryant- Dallas- WR Assaulted his MOM

Julian Edelman- New England -WR- Assaulted an Groped a woman at a halloween party( got probatiob, but no punishment from NFL)

Albert Haynesworth -Washington- DT- Fondeled a Waitress against her will

and thats just going back 3 years... I could add Brandon Marshall and go back even farther. If everyone is gonna pretend to be outraged by what Ray rice did then why aren't these c suckers being held to the same fire? Why aren't these guys being removed From madden 15? Don't dare say ether I'm deflecting again because homeboy it's the damn truth. I could care less if ray was on the ravens, because all these phonies that wanna pretend rice was the first one to do this need to open there darn eyes and wake up. If we are gonna sit down and talk about domestic violence then bring everyone single
One into question and not just rice. You cant kick one guy out Of the league and give 10 others a pass.
That's my stance and quite frankly I could give a damn what anyone thinks.

Let me be clear once and for
All, I'm sick of being accused of defending ray and his actions. I'm a ravens fan yes, but let's not get it twisted them cutting ray from a moral stand point was the right course and I applaud them for that end of story.

Having said that, everybody wants to act shocked and horrified at the video when we all knew back in the spring time he hit her. Why and I mean why is this story now glorified while other incidents are swept under the rug? Here is a list of other players who have done the same thing Ray has:

and thats just going back 3 years... I could add Brandon Marshall and go back even farther. If everyone is gonna pretend to be outraged by what Ray rice did then why aren't these c suckers being held to the same fire? Why aren't these guys being removed From madden 15? Don't dare say ether I'm deflecting again because homeboy it's the damn truth. I could care less if ray was on the ravens, because all these phonies that wanna pretend rice was the first one to do this need to open there darn eyes and wake up. If we are gonna sit down and talk about domestic violence then bring everyone single
One into question and not just rice. You cant kick one guy out Of the league and give 10 others a pass.
That's my stance and quite frankly I could give a damn what anyone thinks.

The answer is simple. They should all be suspended and let the facts clear them.

No one is pretending to be outraged.

Remember the Duke rape case? Everyone went in on those kids and it turns out the girl was lying. Sometime the athlete isn't an a-hole.

This case is coming back now and bigger because of something well all learn as kids. Lying will come back to bite you in the a##.

Jenay acted like she was somehow responsible in the act by apologizing(the only mitigating factor was her face occupying the air in front of his fist). The DA didn't prosecute Rice for what he did on the video so everything boiled up and now here we are. The NFL/Goddell didn't want to see what was on the tape and just passed a 2 game suspension.

Everyone had simply did their jobs then this would have ended three months ago.

That's your answer.

Last edited:
tumblr_m6i75j6WXs1qfph1s.gif

I think the thing that is getting lost here in all this is how domestic abuse has taken center stage and the nfl cover ups is the fact that a family is destroyed. How can Rice's little girl ever grow up now normally atleast for the next few years and go out to events for her school and have mom and dad there without bringing some type of negative attention. If your Janay Rice and your family sees this tape after you have married this man, how does that not cause friction for the rest of that families life? I understand the media is blowing this way out of proportion because its the NFL and its a top tier talent but my god that has happened in the past and plenty of other worse things with other players why cant we just let Ray and his family work through this in private? The media got its wish and he is out of the league now let the family work through this and stop bringing them up as the poster children for domestic abuse. Its gotten to the point now that Janay had to take to instagram to plead for people to stop essentially and she was the one who got punched. Bottom line the media is out of control and weilds too much power that they have no idea how to use properly.
You do realize that is entirely Rice's fault right? Crimes are public record, and this is a crime. He is the one that knocked his future wife out in a public setting. None of this happens if he doesn't nearly kill his wife. It is completely and totally his fault.

Same here. But the same people who want ray's head for this are the same people who download Chris browns music and he darn near killed Rihanna and we all saw the horrific photos of his work. See where I'm going with this? Or the woman who beat up jay z in the elevator and that scenario brought in jokes, where was the out cry there? Or is it acceptable for a women to be able to beat up a man and get away with it? I don't have tolerance for Women who put there hands on a man ethier.
There is a big difference between when someone of physical superiority hits someone, and a weaker person does the same thing. Namely,the former can either shut the situation down or walk away. Jay-Z realized his sister-in-law wasn't capable of hurting him. That is why he handled it the way he did. Like a man. Where was Janay Rice gonna do? What was she going to do? She was literally trapped.

With great power comes great responsibility. When you hit harder, it is on you. And in the vast majority of cases, men hit harder. A lot harder. This is made even more evident with a professional athlete.

No abuse is right, but there is a clear difference.

The new video SHOULD be moot. Chris Mortensen has said repeatedly that he was told exactly what happened 3 months ago from an inside source (whether because Rice recounted it, or because they indeed did have the video). So at the point they made their decision they knew exactly what had happened. You shouldn't need visceral video evidence to make a smart decision here. The decision SHOULD have been the same regardless of the video being leaked.
Do I think Rice should be gone for good? Yep. But if the NFL had suspended him for the season or even the first 10 games of this season, the outrage would not have been the same, even with the tape. Would there have been outrage? Yes, but nowhere as close. But the original punishment was so light, it changed everything. Ray Rice didn't have to be cut. His career didn't have to be potentially over. But the backlash of the original decision plus the new tape means they Ravens and league had to "overdo" it with the punishment. We might not ever see Rice in the NFL again, and that has as much to do with how the NFL and Ravens handled it as the original action.

That being said, I honestly hope he never plays another down in the NFL again.

Last edited:
If the dog killer can continue to play in the NFL then so will Ray Rice in the long run

If the dog killer can continue to play in the NFL then so will Ray Rice in the long run

I really don't think you compare the Michael Vick situation to the Ray Rice situation.

Vick probably shouldn't have been able to return either.

I really don't think you compare the Michael Vick situation to the Ray Rice situation.

Uhhh, did you forget where you leave? Dogs are beloved here. You killing a canine on purpose is the equivalent of killing a person in many people's eyes. Vick is LUCKY to still be playing.

Ray Rice will be back eventually as long as he keeps his nose clean, you can bank on that.

Ray Rice will be back eventually as long as he keeps his nose clean, you can bank on that.

An experienced QB can be valuable as a 2nd or 3rd stringer.

I don't know if a older RB is as good in 2nd or 3rd. You usually get the younger guys as backups and let the older guy be the 1st stringer. I don't think most NFL teams are in that desperate of a need for an older running back.

Considering Robert Kraft was on television saying Rice won't play in the NFL again, I doubt it.

Roger Goodell is saying differently apparently & they have not decided on if the suspension / ban is permanent or will they eventually let him back in

If there's something the media loves more than a scandal it's a comeback story. I'm sure two years from now he'll be back with Dungey in his corner yapping on about how much of a changed man he is.

Uhhh, did you forget where you leave? Dogs are beloved here. You killing a canine on purpose is the equivalent of killing a person in many people's eyes. Vick is LUCKY to still be playing.

Well those people are just wrong. Killing a dog is absolutely terrible, it makes me sick. But it is NOT equal to killing a person.

Well those people are just wrong. Killing a dog is absolutely terrible, it makes me sick. But it is NOT equal to killing a person.

Your. Damn. Opinion.

If someone killed my dog, I'd probably be in a prison cell for a murder charge 24 hours later (I would react the same way if someone hurt my niece or anyone from my inner circle). I've had her since she was a puppy and she's saved my life.

Poo will get real.

Your. Damn. Opinion.

I don't consider it an opinion, it's a fact. Humans > Animals

Killing a human is WAY WAY WAY worse than killing a dog. That doesn't mean I condone killing dogs. If someone killed your dog they would belong in jail.

Roger Goodell is saying differently apparently & they have not decided on if the suspension / ban is permanent or will they eventually let him back in
I am not saying he won't be eligible to return. The ban will most definitely not be permanent. But he will most likely miss the entire season. A year without football for a 28 year old running back who averaged a three yards a carry last season. Signing him would be more trouble then it is worth. Plenty of younger running backs, who can do the job better.

It is my belief that the NFL knew of the full video, they just hoped it wouldn't end up in view of the public.

Now that it has, the league is trying like mad to cover its collective butt.

I have a very hard time imagining that no one from the NFL or the Ravens FO saw the vid until a couple of days ago. I also can't believe that Rice thought that he would be able to lie his way out of a recorded incident that would eventually be seen by the public.

I'll have significantly less sympathy for her when he knocks the crap out of her in the future. Sorry, but it's just stupidity on her part after he damn near killed her.

I have to agree. He could have debilitated her.

Hey General manager of The Lambs in saint louis.I saw on the nightly sports news the other day that your backup quarterback who was starting in place of Sam Bradford who is out for the season,that he is now hurt and that you dont even have a backup to your third string quarterback who is now playing. I hear Kurt Warner is avaible.:woot: you still have his phone number right?

I've been calling him nonstop. :waa:

Rice is also banned from playing in the CFL as well... where lots of NFL castaways sometimes end up (and most fail miserably).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"