Kung Fu Panda 2 (anyone surprised?)

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
Kung Fu Panda Sequel in the Works
Source: TAG Blog June 25, 2008

An interesting post was made on the TAG Blog:

Every building of the DW campus is bursting with activity. Monsters and Aliens, Shrek, Madagascar Deux, and on and on. DreamWorks' Lakeside Building is getting enlarged, and the administrative staff is gone from the upper floors.

But down on the lower levels, artists are working. A story crew has started early work in Kung Fu Panda, the Sequel, even while animators are hand-drawing new material for the DVD of Kung Fu Panda, the original.

It's not surprising considering the DreamWorks Animated hit has made about $230 million in 19 days of release worldwide. The film cost about $130 million to make.

Sweet. I enjoyed the first much more than I thought I would. Will definitely check it out. Ska-doosh!

Good. So far KFP was the only animated movie from dreamworks I liked. Glad their moving ahead.

I've not seen it yet, but I hope they don't ****e it out like Shrek when it became the thing it parodied in the first place.

Oh yes, I freakin loved the movie. I'm glad there making a sequal too. But yah don't want it to be like Shrek either, first one and second one fine, but 7 movies? Come on.

right on... i loved the first, and even though this is an obvious cash-in, i don't care, and even though the only character worth mentioning were jack black and dustin hoffman, still... i don't care.

OH GOD YES! AS LONG AS...

1. They don't focus on cheesy romance between Panda and Tigress
2. They don't use skadoosh again (it's just gonna get annoying)
3. They don't do ANY pop culture references

I still haven't seen the first one yet.

This has me wondering how come we haven't gotten a sequel to Shark Tale. Didn't that do pretty good at the box office?

I'll be honest, I was expecting to love the first one and didn't. It was solid, but not up to par with what I expect from DW or Pixar movies.

Oh Dreamworks, you're just gonna screw it like you did with Shrek. Kung Fu Panda is a sweet, nice, fun movie, why can't you leave it alone? Sure, there's always a chance it actually turns out to be good, but... I don't know, I have bad feeling about this.

Dude. You know dam well that there going to do ALL of that and then some.

I'm there. I loved the first film, and I will gladly welcome a sequel. Consider my ticket reserved.

Here's what they should do: Look at the old Shaw Brothers films! :cmad:

They should do a remake of Heroes of the East...

Have Po marry like a Japanese Panda girl, and then have Japanese furry animals fight with him, like in Japanese martial art styles :confused: :up:

Yeah, I know....best idea ever.

I still haven't seen the first one yet.

This has me wondering how come we haven't gotten a sequel to Shark Tale. Didn't that do pretty good at the box office?
Shark Tale ended with a regular fish. Kung Fu Panda ends with Po being a master Martial Artist in a team of legends basically. At any time they could say a war has broken out or someone else emerges and it would work with the story. Unlike Shrek where it just gets more ridiculous after each one.

Dude. You know dam well that there going to do ALL of that and then some.
Why would they though? The reasons why it didn't fail were that there were no pop-culture references, no cheesy romance and they used skadoosh but once. I'm down it they use it ONE TIME ONLY but if they use it more than once... dear God help us who are watching it...

when will kung fu panda be on DVD?

What is this all about? I saw the title in another thread. Anyone got info?

i read the synopsis on wikipedia and it sounds like it might be amusing if they keep to the tone of the first.

Gary Oldman as the villain?

I'm definitely watching this.

absolutely LOVED the first one. count me in for the sequel :yay:

First Tv-Spot

The first one was entertaining and the new cast member is a great addition. Definitely looking forward to this.

^ Agree, that Gary Oldman is voicing a character alone it's enough for me to purchase a ticket.

I loved the first and Gary Oldman is a must see for me!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"