• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

La Esperanto Diskuto (The Esperanto Thread)

DarkSentinel

Avenger
Reaction score
Since I've been at my current job, I've noticed there are a lot of people—even US citizens, mind you—who seem to either not be able to learn and speak English, or refuse to learn it altogether (where I live the other predominant language is Spanish, which I don't like the sound of altogether..it's a euphonic preference thing, don't judge me :o). English is the designated international language of trade and commerce, in addition to being the predominant language of the US, yet there are those who just don't.

But if it is a case of English being too hard a language to learn, or maybe like me with Spanish like I stated above English simply doesn't sound like a pleasant language to speak, then I do have an alternate suggestion:

Why don't we learn Esperanto? It was created for this very kind of situation, it's supposedly wickedly easy to learn, and it sounds really cool to learn.

I've been wanting to learn Esperanto for a long time, but I think it would be cool to learn it with others. So who here would be up for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"