Lady Sif Casting Thread (Jaimie Alexander)

Lobo

Daisy is <3
Reaction score
So, who'd be your ideal Sif?

kf5h4z.jpg

I'd go with Cobie Smulders

2ps3c4x.jpg

Cobie-Smulders1.jpg

Cobie-Smulders-04210801.jpg

tn_cobie2.jpg

I think she's got the look, the talent and the right age (was born in 1982). Can't think of anyone better than her right now.

Last edited:
My second choice would be Michelle Ryan:

Michelle-Ryan3.jpg

nbc_party_66_wenn1464525.jpg

157318.jpg

Yeah, she was in that bionic woman tv show that sucked, but it wasn't her fault. :cwink:

And she was Nimueh in the Merlin TV series, so she has some experience in fantasy. :word:

Last edited:
LOL. I was thinking about making a casting thread for other Thor characters. But I was gonna wait until a Thor forum was put up.

Eh I might make one for Enchantress later on.

Oh and anyone who says Megan Fox for this will be shot on sight.

How about Rhona Mitra?

Nice.

A definite NO to Michelle Ryan. She was awful in Bionic Woman. Katee Sackhoff was the only thing worth while on that show.

Everyone always suggests wrestlers for the guys. Who are the women of the WWE?

:D

:thing: :doom: :thing:

Rebecca Hall is a great actress. She was impressive in UK TV drama Red Riding, and managed to outact Scarlett Johanssen in less publicised roles in both The Prestige and Vicky Christina Barcelona. Plus, you know she'd be up for a comic book movie, as in a recent interview she said her dream role would be Catwoman. Though having said that, she might be more suited to a role like Selina - or perhaps even Carol Ferris in a GL movie - over a warrior-woman like Sif.

She was good in Jekyll, although she didn't have much to do as the series went on. There's something about her that doesn't make me think Sif at all, but I wouldn't really mind if she were cast as Sif. Once she's in the Asgardian getup and has a sword in her hands, I'm sure she'd look enough like Sif to pull it off.

She's very good in her other roles. Trust me, she's a fine actress. And gorgeous. :oldrazz:
I'll take your word for it since I've only seen her in BW. Amd she came across as awkward & naive. Rather weak for the role. She's probably better at other roles. And sorry man, but I don't find her attractive. But beauty is subjective. I'm sure there are women I find hot that you find unattractive as well. It's all good. :woot:

I'll post some pics. I'm going with zeptron's choice as my 1st choice.

Rhona Mitra

rhona_mitra_765_14.jpg

I think Kate Beckensale is a good choice too & is more well known, which Thor may need.

20pex5i.jpg

An out of the box choice. Maybe better as wonder woman: Morena Baccarin

1z48w06.jpg

I haven't seen Rebecca Hall act. So I don't know. She has a good look though.

P.S. If Thor is young, we may need 18-22 year old actresses. But I can't hink of many young chicks. :huh:

I'll post some pics. I'm going with zeptron's choice as my 1st choice.

Rhona Mitra

rhona_mitra_765_14.jpg

I think Kate Beckensale is a good choice too & is more well known, which Thor may need.

20pex5i.jpg

An out of the box choice. Maybe better as wonder woman: Morena Baccarin

1z48w06.jpg

I haven't seen Rebecca Hall act. So I don't know. She has a good look though.

P.S. If Thor is young, we may need 18-22 year old actresses. But I can't hink of many young chicks. :huh:

Hall is a very good actress, but that's thing, they're looking for a 25yo Thor, according to the casting call. So Sif I'd presume would be in a similar age range.

I love Cobie, but she's preggo right now, and will be giving birth right around the time Thor starts filming, so she's be out.

Perhaps her newborn will have a shot at playing Thor, seeing that they're skewing young now?

Just to throw out a younger name, how about Lauren Cohan?

supernaturalseason3prom.jpg

How is that a younger name? Isn't she basically the same age as everyone else mentioned in this thread? (Rhona Mitra/Kate Beckinsale aside....)

By the way, love "The Colonel" avi :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"