Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1 Episode 15 "Yes Men" Discussion Thread

You can refer to me not knowing he's winter soldier all you want, I'll continue to question your ludicrus assumption that the actor/charactor would appear in AOS.

My ? wasn't cryptic.
a bit harsh much?

Tymm's post wasn't really an assumption, more just a 'what if' bordering on speculation. He was just saying that IF he made an appearance, he wouldn't be surprised. Assuming would be saying that he for certain will make an appearance on the show (without having any proof of that).

Nor is it really that ludicrous of an idea, IMO. Quite a few of the film actors have indicated they wouldn't mind popping up on AoS if the story calls for it. Sebastian *might* feel the same way as them (I don't think he's been directly asked though, so of course one can't say for certain)

I was trying to be polite, you don't need to be a snot.

It's not ludicrous when you know the character once reformed does a lot with SHIELD in the comics and even if they half follow the books it makes sense he could possibly pop up. Not to mention the actor they have playing him is primarily a TV actor.

Also, I said I would not be surprised, not that I think he would definatly be in the show.

I was not making an assumption, only person doing that was you.

Point taken but I was simply asking you to explain the Bucky comment. My ? must have thrown you. ;)

(Let's not argue. I'm bound to say something actually offensive soon enough. Hold tight)

Last edited:
It seems obvious that it is the Kree given all the evidence to support that theory, but didn't the specimen in the tank seem like he is almost too big?

In the GotG trailer you can see Ronan is hoisting Drax by that throat, and Drax is a big guy, but it just doesn't seem like Ronan is nearly as big as the tank Kree had the tank Kree had a full body.

According to this Blue Kree I assume can be normal sized like humans or grow as tall as 8' feet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kree

Adult Kree range (typically) from between 5 to 8 feet (1.5 to 2.4 m) tall. Some female Kree can physically influence men, and a few can even drain the life force of others.

heh, I didn't hear Sif call Phil "Son of Coul" until I watched again lastnight.

A flaw in that theory though. Why would a robot secrete something that would heal a human.
In GOTG is Ronan blue?

That's a roger
pdc_gotgset1.png

That's not Ronan. That's Michael Rooker as Yondu.

i gotta say i am cool with Gal and all that.. but Man! if was directing that flick JAMIE ALEXANDER WOULD HAVE BEEN MY WONDER WOMAN! that babe is outstanding!! i kept thinking thats FREAKING WONDER WOMAN during that episode!I'm glad i didnt give up on this show cause it has been off the chain! baby girl naming off the "Kree". i was thinking oh man! whos next the Sh'air!!!and freaking GLADIATOR! come on! love when Coulson told her we need help and she kicked that %^&ing trailer into place!! that was cool!also love, loved when the cage part of the plane opened and dude was all" she fell out the plane
and Colson was like "STUPID %^& THAT BABE IS ASGARDIAN!!" SHES OUTSIDE THE PLANE!! dig this show alot!

Best episode of the show yet but it wasn't amazing.

nope. that's a Yondu.

And therefore not even Kree

Yeah my bad. The only glimpse we have of Ronan isn't that conclusive but I'm standing by my statement that he is blue. Not as dark as Yondu but blue nonetheless. Why wouldn't he be blue?

Yeah my bad. The only glimpse we have of Ronan isn't that conclusive but I'm standing by my statement that he is blue. Not as dark as Yondu but blue nonetheless. Why wouldn't he be blue?

Yondu's a blue Centaurian, but in answer to your question, yes, Ronan the Kree is most definitely blue also, in the trailer and in the toys/action figures. So is Nebula, but I'm not sure which race she belongs to --- Centaurian or Kree.

*Edit: as pointed out earlier, the big blue alien in the TAHITI chamber bears the same "spray paint" X-markings on his chest that Ronan wears on his armor.

So, 110% Kree.

Ward couldn't have fired his gun no matter what since there wasn't a round in the chamber. He would have known that.

Of course the writers are hoping the audience doesn't know how semi-automatic pistols work (they probably don't know themselves :whatever:).

It's possible he could have a chambered round but not able to fire. Many LE departments require a magazine safety. May had the magazine . If his weapon had such a safety it would not fire. The thought being in a fight over a weapon if officer could make the mag drop in a struggle . The firearm is inoperable then.

Someone had specifically mentioned in the show that Coulson's heart was destroyed by Loki. Also the blue man had what looked like Autopsy scars on his chest... or was it heart removal surgery scars!? Also why would they manipulate Coulson's brain and not just keep him sedated as he healed with the GH serum? Do you think they may have implanted the memories of the mortally injured blue man before blue man died? Could Coulson become the human host of Captain Marvel? Would that make Skye Ms. Marvel? Can't wait to see what happens!

It was also noted that 'seismic activity' had damaged the Guest House facility in the 1950's. Do y'all reckon that's just random descriptive flavor, or did something crash/get loose and wreak havoc?

ZiNZ1Tl.jpg

You actually understood something Hogun said in Thor 1?!

Anyway, I don't recall that but I thought up until now all the Asgardian's powers have been explained as either natural abilities for their race or part of their advanced technology.

I've more taken it as magic IS their science. In that they use it the way we use science. It a mundane, everyday thing to them. That would be more comic accurate. People often just assume they are using super advanced science that looks like magic because they don't want to entertain the notion that magic is real in the MCU. When Dr. Strange hits it's gonna be hard to deny it anymore.

It was also noted that 'seismic activity' had damaged the Guest House facility in the 1950's. Do y'all reckon that's just random descriptive flavor, or did something crash/get loose and wreak havoc?

ZiNZ1Tl.jpg

:wow::wow::wow:

WOAH!!!

I hadn't seen that screenshot before, WT. There's a MAJOR Easter Egg there regarding Skye's origin! Here's my line-by-line transcript. Item 2c. is particularly interesting.

-------------------------------------------------------
[...inactive were?] found by the Joint Task Force to be still in use, in [direct?] violation of [REDACTED]
[REDACTED]. These facilities are listed below by their [most recently used?] [code name?].

2a. COVENTRY. A former Royal Air Force base built in 1942, located approximately [illegible]
south of [REDACTED]. This facility was believed to be [turned over?] to the [illegible]
Security Forces in 194[8?], but the JTF determined that it [continues?] to be a [illegible]
S.H.I.E.L.D. operations, including [REDACTED].

2b. GUEST HOUSE. A heavily fortified facility located inside a mountain, approximately 17
miles northwest of [REDACTED] the Guest House was used as munitions bunker during
World War II and later upgraded for use as a [REDACTED] by the SSR.
This facility was never formally decommissioned, although it was damaged by seismic activity
in the mid-1950s, and [REDACTED].

2c. SHANGRI-LA. This base in China's Hunan Province was officially abandoned shortly after
the People's Republic of China [REDACTED] in 19[68?]. As was widely
known among S.H.I.E.L.D. inner circles, it continued to be [an active?] base well into the 1980s,
with the [tacit cooperation?] of PRC officials. [REDACTED]

CONTINUED ON NEXT PAGE
-------------------------------------------------------

Specifically, note that SHIELD had a secret base (Shangri-La) in Hunan Province in the 1980s -- which is exactly when and where they recovered an 0-8-4 (Skye). It seems rather possible that this 0-8-4 may actually have originated at Shangri-La (even though a 0-8-4 is supposedly of "unknown" origin. After all, Shangri-La was supposed to have been abandoned by this point).

Unsurprisingly, there is a Shangri-La in Marvel 616, but reading about it I doubt it has much to do with this TV show. It's really kinda weird. As would be expected, it was a mythical hidden kingdom in the Himalayas. It was apparently founded by a 40's hero called Aarkus, aka the Vision (a "Smokeworlder"??? -- not the familiar Android), and it housed an artifact called the "Pillow of Life and Death" which could heal mortal wounds (*ahem*) and grant eternal life.

Assuming all that gets stripped away, and in light of a probable Kree body, a case could also be made for correlating Shangri-La with Attilan -- both are canonically hidden societies in the Himalayas. However, in real life, Hunan Province is actually nowhere near the Himalayas. But it is 80% covered with mountains and hills, so it still kinda works.

:word:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"