Comics Latest My Cup O' Joe--Quesada drops a Spider-Man related bombshell

stillanerd

Sidekick
Reaction score
What, pray tell, could that bombshell be you ask? Well:

JM: So…busy week this week, huh? Spider-Man summit done?
JQ: Yeah. It was nice, really nice, to get all the guys in the room. Mark Waid was there, Marc Guggenheim, Joe Kelly, Dan Slott, Zeb Wells, Bob Gale, Fred Van Lente and the editorial crew as well. We plotted out many, many, many months of great Spider-Man stories, about a year to a year-and-a-half. It was a blast.

JM: So gimme a highlight, man.

JQ: The stuff we talked about includes some more possible “One More Day” stuff. And that is all I can say.

Ah heck, who am I kidding, we discussed exactly when we’re going to answer many of the big questions about what happen after One More Day and how it all work. I’ve mentioned many times in the past that only one major thing changed because of the events in OMD. The wedding never happened and we’re finally going to tell you that story in an arc of Amazing. But, now I can come clean and let out a little more info as we get closer and closer to telling this story. There is a second, very big thing that didn’t happen because of One More Day. I know, I suck, but I’m going to leave it there. These and many other questions will be resolved in a four-issue story arc. The downside is that because of certain things that are happening in Spidey’s life, some stories were shifted for back and forth in order to have most impact and emotional resonance and this particular story looks like it will be moved to 2010. There’s a creative team involved and locked in and all four scripts are in, I’ve seen and read them, so I know they exists. If I had my druthers I’d say lets tell this story now, but there’s a better time and place.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=92159514&blogId=479434664

That's right, folks. One More Day, despite Joe Q's insistence, did change more than just the marriage and therefore One More Day DID in fact alter the Marvel Universe. Now the question is--what was that second change? My guess it's either Mary Jane was never pregnant the entire time she and Peter were together, thus altering the entire Clone Saga (maybe even resulting in Ben Reilly still being alive), or that it's something to do with whatever MJ whispered to Mephisto--perhaps saying she wants to remember everything?

Your thoughts?

Its funny i literally just posted this in the Amazing spiderman Forum, but me personally I think Joe's probably talking about Peter's connection with the Avengers. I think the change is that Peter never lived with the Avengers in Stark's Tower, if that still happened then nothing really makes sense. Either that or he never unmasked during Civil War.

Maybe aunt may never got shot, that would clear alot of stuff up...

Maybe Peter Parker will wake up and its all a dream

Spider-man never fought a god and got saved by beards?

Maybe this isnt Peter Parker at all....

And no more organic webbing, stingers, night vision, extra-super-duper strength, or sticky back.

maybe Quesada himself is a (malfunctioning) robot ?

The class hamster that Flash killed when Norman Osborn placed him drunkenly behind the wheel of a mack-truck?

It's coming back Jason Todd style, y'all! :brucebat:

Mayde this is how they will change 22 years of Spidey history... They will erase Kraven's suicide. I hope I'm wrong, because that would take all the impact away from Kraven's Last Hunt.

I'm going to put my foot in my mouth, because I made a big deal earlier about how this would never happen, but I'm going to say whatever this second thing is, it'll lead to the return of Ben Reilly.

Mayde this is how they will change 22 years of Spidey history... They will erase Kraven's suicide. I hope I'm wrong, because that would take all the impact away from Kraven's Last Hunt.

Wouldn't surprise me. They've ruined more or less all classic "death-stories" with pure garbage. So why not this one too? :rolleyes:

I dunno guys, the solicit says that its an event that will affect "almost every marvel book...", so i think it prolly has something to do with Dark Reign.

I dunno guys, the solicit says that its an event that will affect "almost every marvel book...", so i think it prolly has something to do with Dark Reign.

:whatever: What event these days doesn't "affect every Marvel book"? I'm so sick of company-wide crossovers or events. Nobody buys all the books, so you never get the whole story, and because there's twenty or so writers doing all the different books the story sucks anyway. Too many cooks in the kitchen and none of them coordinate their unwieldy efforts with one another.

For the record, I do NOT think this will bring back Ben Reilly, whatever this event is. My reason being quite simple... every time I've anticipated him returning, he never has. Most of the time it was just a case of trying to read tea leaves or falling for a red herring. Why should this time be any different?

They tease and tease and tease.... especially in these columns.... but it's clear they don't really have any intention of revisiting that period.

Unfortunately, I think the guy who said this will bring Kraven back is more likely to be right. :csad:

Well, the point is since whatever this event is, will be seen in almost every marvel book, it most likely has nothing to do with Ben Reilly, or any OMD plot-holes. Its probably something Dark-Reign-related is probably going to happen thats going to affect everybody not just spiderman.

I don't know what solicit you're looking at, but the story in question won't be happening until 2010.

Oh my bad, i thought we were talking about the Spidey/FF-4 story thats happening next week. Never mind. lol :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skaboss241
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"