Lauren Shuler Donner on Future X-Men

stop with the josh holloway for gambit stuff he's too old! you pick him then it'll definatly be a wolverine rip off...pick someone younger who gives off more of a micheivious, inexperienced, charming personna rather than an anti-hero tough guy like wolverine. Holloway gives off more of a Wolverine personality he would be better in that role.

gap5ewl said:
stop with the josh holloway for gambit stuff he's too old! you pick him then it'll definatly be a wolverine rip off...pick someone younger who gives off more of a micheivious, inexperienced, charming personna rather than an anti-hero tough guy like wolverine. Holloway gives off more of a Wolverine personality he would be better in that role.

Absolutely agreed with you. Holloway is more a kind of Logan than a Gambit, apart of his age.

gap5ewl said:

Beside the fact that you messed up in that Gambit is a VERY EXPERIENCED THIEF!! i want to hug you. :)

_BB_ said:
If josh ever took the part of gambit in the future I'd go out and dance in the street :p

and i'll get my shot gun and go BB hunting. :D :hyper:

chaseter said:
Josh would be an awesome Gambit. I bet in costume...that would be a near 100% translation from comic to screen. I mean look at everything...even his nose is like Gambit's.

his baby fat face and body type begs to differ. :p lol

LastSunrise1981 said:
I remember when Jean Claude Van Damme was in the running for Gambit when the first movie was in production.

*shivers*

Because no other actor in the business could possibly have long hair and be an attractive male.

Or act better than Holloway, right?

Of course not which is why me must typecast the poor man!
(even though i have yet too see a real deep resemblance between him and Remy)

:)

Holloway's character on LOST is a lot like Gambit. He looks the part...but he's certainly not the only person ever who could play the role. I wouldn't complain, though.

I just hope to God they don't turn Gambit into a Wolverine clone..

He's not an anti-hero Clint Eastwood butch tough guy. He's a flirtatious charmer who disarms you with sweet talk (and a low-level hypnosis that is part of his mutant power) and can be stylishly destructive!

I fear the worst here: that Fox will simply replace Wolverine with Gambit and give him an identical personality.

Lauren and crew are gonna concentrate on Wolverine...X-men are done and washed out and its time for wolverine to overshadow them like in the movies and now in the media......if gambit was gonna be in a X-movie its gonna be a cameo and nothing more...maybe like how pyslocke got shafter in X3...and she carries a fan base as big as gambit

Mike059jig said:
IMO gambit is like wolverine and if they were ever going to use him in a movie he turn out just like Wolverine.....Gambit has the same attributes of personalities and a shadowed past, not down to the wire but superficial......and besides Iceman was suppose to be the X-men first class clown price but that trait was given to wolverine.......can't have two bad asses on team.....can't have two flirts.....gambit had to get singled out...

just saw this post, but you do know Gambit is not a clown? do you read things with Gambit? he plays around but he's not a "Clown" oh and Who's the other flirt? I certaintley hope you don't mean Wolverine. Because Wolverine is the X-Boy miracle man and he does alot of things but besides Jean and maybe once Storm, he's not Flirt. :D

The Original Bamfer said:

Yea i love Psylocke she's at the top of my list but her fan base doesn't compare, just do fan related site searchs' and that's enough proof. :)

gambitfire said:
just saw this post, but you do know Gambit is not a clown? do you read things with Gambit? he plays around but he's not a "Clown" oh and Who's the other flirt? I certaintley hope you don't mean Wolverine. Because Wolverine is the X-Boy miracle man and he does alot of things but besides Jean and maybe once Storm, he's not Flirt. :D
I'm a steady X-men comic reader........No I said Iceman is the X-men Class clown...he suppose to get all the jokes but Wolverine got all the jokes in the movies..read carefully..... ice was just a.....kid lookin up to logan.....look how logan flirts with jean in the first x-men gambit has that same trait whether its flirting or being a charmer.....logan is a flirt here and there....he slept with way too many women and he is the x-men resident womanizer...
what I meant was Lauren is half right that Wolverine and Gambit on the big screen is about the same character...maybe psclocke fan base isn't as big as the gambits...each member of the team moviewise has to be distinct from each other..... she is popular and her character is unique more that gambit..meaning ethinicity and powerwise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"