Lauren Shuler-Donner Speaks

Retroman said:
If they present a dynamite script with a smaller roles for Hugh and the other big stars, who knows?

They had 3 tries. FOX wanted all Hugh & Halle did something to get where she is in X3. FOX had 3 tries with these Movies. I think it is safe to say that unless Hugh Jackman & Halle Berry suddenly died tomorrow the younger X-Men Cast will not get any real big shiny moments. The only way for the other members to get any real Screen Time is to pretty much get the X-Men Rights AWAY from FOX as soon as possible. Until FOX does thigns differently I have no faith in these guys in terms of X-Men

ntcrawler said:
Except that this current crop of writers just can't right something that's intelligent deep and meaningful like that. When it doubt: combat and fight scenes.
We're not sure if they'll return and i wouldn't put the full blame on them for how X3 went. Remember the 'parameters'.

Retroman said:
We're not sure if they'll return and i wouldn't put the full blame on them for how X3 went. Remember the 'parameters'.

More like sitting them down at the big table and Rothman telling them what the movie should be about lest he press the secret button that opens the trap doors under theirs seats and into the alligator pit?

But Retroman! Parameters is one thing. Rushed, sloppy dialogue is another thing alltogether. I don't agree with the way the plot proceeded, but even in the novel the things the characters say are much better thought out and intelligent than the things they blurt out in the movie

TrailerCues said:
They had 3 tries. FOX wanted all Hugh & Halle did something to get where she is in X3. FOX had 3 tries with these Movies. I think it is safe to say that unless Hugh Jackman & Halle Berry suddenly died tomorrow the younger X-Men Cast will not get any real big shiny moments. The only way for the other members to get any real Screen Time is to pretty much get the X-Men Rights AWAY from FOX as soon as possible. Until FOX does thigns differently I have no faith in these guys in terms of X-Men
Fox have the rights and that'll stay so for a while.

Retroman said:
Fox have the rights and that'll stay so for a while.

& since FOX seems to be incapable of learning from their mistakes they will be in the business of pissing off countless fan boys for a while

ntcrawler said:
More like sitting them down at the big table and Rothman telling them what the movie should be about lest he press the secret button that opens the trap doors under theirs seats and into the alligator pit?
WTF?lol

ntcrawler said:
But Retroman! Parameters is one thing. Rushed, sloppy dialogue is another thing alltogether. I don't agree with the way the plot proceeded, but even in the novel the things the characters say are much better thought out and intelligent than the things they blurt out in the movie
Yeah thats true in a way.

As long as anna is brought back i'd see it in a heartbeat.Anyway I can't see Hugh doing a fifth movie playing wolvy,Halle is toooo expensive,famke's character is dead as is jimmy's,Ian won't be back as mags is sorta cured and say the same goes for rebecca-but I could definitely see Anna coming back (and she never seems to ask for many paychecks,so she would be relatively cheap to get back)and possibly patrick if they could work out a way to explain it.

Great, more of the Psuedo X-men. Marvel really needs to get the rights back to this franchise and get it into the hands of the right people.

hmmm....I just hope Fox learns a lesson with this film: not everything is about Wolverine!!!!! They should have focus on a special scene with the original five!!! that would be much better... an also the theme was Dark Phoenix, so Jean was to take center stage.......

I have my doubts Hugh is even interested in X4. All through the X3 press, he kept emphasizing that this was the "last" movie of the trilogy and I got the impression he had no desires for a 4th venture, despite teasing from various people about the possibility. Honestly, after "Wolverine" I hope he hangs up the claws. They can re-cast Wolvie if they want him, I personally want Hugh to move on to other things...

Now, having said that, I have to say an X4 movie does interest me. It can be done without all the major players (Hugh, Halle etc.), if so desired. Marsden has expressed interest in a returm, they have other characters (Gambit, hello!) to play with as well. Could still be interesting.

is true, and not having Hugh means more space and time for other characters to show what are they made of..

Uncanny said:
Lauren Shuler Donner said nothing about James Marsden at all. She and Fox must really hate James Marsden for doing Superman.

I can't believe that she hates James for doing SR (considering that she's married to Richard Donner...)

CapBeerCino said:
I can't believe that she hates James for doing SR (considering that she's married to Richard Donner...)

Really now!!! So it's not just a coincidence they have the same last name! Also interesting to know that Donner is getting a blessing from MB to redo Superman II and release his own cut of the film, his own scenes and shots that were cut in the release that was put oun instead. Final product will consist of never-before available footage which alters the story, 70% of footage that Donner shot, and be available in November.

Now if something like that can happen, why wouldn't it be possible to retell X3 and show what really happened?

ntcrawler said:
Really now!!! So it's not just a coincidence they have the same last name! Also interesting to know that Donner is getting a blessing from MB to redo Superman II and release his own cut of the film, his own scenes and shots that were cut in the release that was put oun instead. Final product will consist of never-before available footage which alters the story, 70% of footage that Donner shot, and be available in November.

Now if something like that can happen, why wouldn't it be possible to retell X3 and show what really happened?
Well then, see you in 20 years, buddy.:up:

ntcrawler said:
Really now!!! So it's not just a coincidence they have the same last name!

That's how Singer got into doing SR...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"