Producer Lauren Shuler Donner talks Wolverine & Deadpool

...plus she was on a busy red carpet for another film when asked about this stuff.

The interview doesn't sway me either way. I stopped taking Lauren seriously after her involvement with X3. I do find it strange that she talked about action so much.

I enjoyed X3 for the most part (although the film had major flaws), but there's definitely a large group that hated the film. Maybe the producers should just say "We screwed up with X3. We know it, and we're going to gain the fans back with Wolverine."

Last edited:
I enjoyed X3 for the most part (had problems with Cyclops, Rogue and Mystique), but there's definitely a huge group that hated the film. Maybe the producers should just say "We screwed up with X3. We know it, and we're going to gain the fans back with Wolverine."
X3 is the only movie in the X-Men trilogy in which I keep skipping scenes..

I just watched the X-Men 3 commentary and I can't believe some of the stuff I heard. I can't believe for one second that those hack writers were fans of the comic book.

I'm scared now...I didn't like the first X-Men...And he only said "good" and nothing more...I guess we're just gonna get an average movie...:csad:

The 1st is ok--just ok. The 2nd one is in my comic-book movies top 5

I'm scared now...I didn't like the first X-Men...And he only said "good" and nothing more...I guess we're just gonna get an average movie...:csad:

She only says its similar in tone to X-Men because it's darker. How is that a bad thing for a Wolverine origin movie???

Anything similar to X-Men isn't good...And...I didn't think it was dark at all...Maybe just stylized that way...But quite poorly!

Anything similar to X-Men isn't good...And...I didn't think it was dark at all...Maybe just stylized that way...But quite poorly!
yes, yes--it was ok, like I said--but I thought, boy they better make something better for the 2nd one

Aeg...I was talking to BMM, but it alright...:D

I disagree. She simply states that the movie is darker in tone, and if that means more scenes with a tone like those featuring Magneto at the concentration camp or Wolverine in the bar and less scenes with the likes of Wolverine congratulating the furball with cliche music blaring while the camera pans to a clear blue sky, I'm all for it.

Last edited:
^Alright...Respect man, props! Hardly any people discuss this way!

...I think the concentration camp thing was kinda pointless...And the bar scene was kinda cool...But turned lame with Rogue...Glad she gone! I still don't think that X-Men was dark...But...That's just me...!

Thanks. I don't think Donner is saying that X-Men is dark so much as she's saying that the tone of X-Men is darker than that of the last installment of the X-Men franchise. X-Men isn't a dark movie, but I think the overall tone of the film is darker than that of The Last Stand. She could have just as easily said the movie is darker like Batman Begins (and I believe Jackman has even made that comparison himself), but she chose to keep the comparison in the X-Men family. Personally, I think the movie should be darker.

Last edited:
I just watched the X-Men 3 commentary and I can't believe some of the stuff I heard. I can't believe for one second that those hack writers were fans of the comic book.

I didn't bother watching the commentary of the X3 DVD I borrowed but, this doesn't surpise me. Simon Kinberg spent 5 months on thexverse.com lieing to fans about what X3 would be like. He compared the action in it to Savingprivate Ryan, Braveheart, and Empire Strikes Back. The guy would basically say anything to overhype the film.

After it became clear the majority of the posters didn't like the movie Simon cowardly went back on his word of answering questions after the film.

I disagree. She simply states that the movie is darker in tone, and if that means more scenes with a tone like those featuring Magneto at the concentration camp or Wolverine in the bar and less scenes with the likes of Wolverine congratulating the furball with cliche music blaring while the camera pans to a clear blue sky, I'm all for it.

I never want to see that in an X-Men movie again.

Negativity at its worst.

I would more or less call it an educated guess. Just look at how Fox has handled previous movies. Daredevil, Fantastic 4 one and two, Live Free or Die Hard, Max Payne, and to an extent even the X-men movies (it was amazing that X2 was a as good at it was, given how badly Fox handles it's editing).

Fox butchers their movies in the editing room, because of their idiotic idea that movies need to be short with lots of action, and Pg-13 to make lots of money.

I'm def. looking foreward to Wolverine. From all I've heard it sounds like it will at least be a decent movie. I love the possibility of a Deadpool spinoff.
Others may disagree but of all Marvel's film series' so far, I have enjoyed the X-Men series most. X-Men was a great film. It very nicely set the tone for the series. X2 was an absolute joy ride. X3 was fun. Not as bad as people make it out to be, but certainly not the best of the bunch. I cant wait for Wolverine.

I thought X3 was a load of **** and no one made me think that way... So, let's say it's an honest opinion, not fanboy-influenced

I thought X3 was a load of **** and no one made me think that way... So, let's say it's an honest opinion, not fanboy-influenced

Who said it wasn't an honest opinion?

Also, I didn't think X3 was that bad, in terms of Superhero movies, it's far from being one of the worst, I just think it suffered from the same symptom of SM3; it had massive hype. I think more people reacted strongly to it because it was such of a let down.

^I meant it's my honest opinion

I'm so confused by this movie. Why are Gambit, Blob, and Beak part of Weapon X? :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"