Lawsuite

Crisis Superman said:
Theyll have to jump some years ahead to put on the suit.

If Clark puts on the suit at 18, he will be Superboy.

I guess this is why they named Superboy's university from the 1980s TV series into Shuster College and why Superboy was retconed out of postcrisis origins (good move).

I wonder how DC still managed to make Kon-el and Superboy Prime work?...

Spoilers...

Though it may be no coincidence that both are dying for good in todays issue of Infinite Crisis.
Remember they kill Conner and bring in a guy called Supernova and remember Conner is suppose to come back (meaning they could have gotten rid of Superboy and brought him back under a new name with no problem.)

Crisis Superman said:
:D I would! Hes served his purpose and they seem to be going back to an older classic version of TT anyways.

Just as Supergirl and Barry died in issues 6 and 7 of COIE, Kon will die in IC #6 and I predict Wally will fall in IC#7.

The new Flash in the new series, I think, will be Bart Allen.....he comes out of the speedforce having aged several years and is now an adult.

That is one thing I hope is going to happen, Bart as the new Flash. That would be awsome. Of cource it would be too if Barry stays around after issue 5.

The only thing about Kon vs. Supergirl from COIE is that Kon is a lot cooler than she was. In my opinion that is.:O

Tony_Montana said:
Remember they kill Conner and bring in a guy called Supernova and remember Conner is suppose to come back (meaning they could have gotten rid of Superboy and brought him back under a new name with no problem.)

I doubt Conner is tied to Supernova (who I assumed was female). If they brought Barry and Kara back right after the crisis, it would have cheapened it bigtime.

Same goes for Conner; if hes the major death of IC. It would render IC #6 pretty pointless and I heard they went 'all out' for his death.

Crisis Superman said:
I doubt Conner is tied to Supernova (who I assumed was female). If they brought Barry and Kara back right after the crisis, it would have cheapened it bigtime.

Same goes for Conner; if hes the major death of IC. It would render IC #6 pretty pointless and I heard they went 'all out' for his death.
They did but they are bringing him back and he is suppose to get his own title once he does come back. It is suppose to be like a return of Superman thing only with out the 4 Superboys

Brainiac 8 said:
That is one thing I hope is going to happen, Bart as the new Flash. That would be awsome. Of cource it would be too if Barry stays around after issue 5.

The only thing about Kon vs. Supergirl from COIE is that Kon is a lot cooler than she was. In my opinion that is.:O

I like precrisis Supergirl. The new one is kinda ****ty but whatever, she reflects most teenage girls today lol

Kon's concept was cool, the 'son' of Superman and Luthor in a way...

But I think they may be paving the way (by killing Kon) for Clark and Lois to have their own son. Lois' 'three words that will change Supermans life forever' still need to happen ("I Am Pregnant")

As far as Bart goes, I'll miss Wally. He was awesome...but its tradition for Flashes to change up at major points in DC history.

Tony_Montana said:
They did but they are bringing him back and he is suppose to get his own title once he does come back. It is suppose to be like a return of Superman thing only with out the 4 Superboys

MWAHAHAHAHAAHA:up: :D

Whoo, I needed a good belly laugh.

Tony_Montana said:

Wheres the proof that confirms this?

Crisis Superman said:
Wheres the proof that confirms this?

I just assumed he was joking. I mean could you imagine:

Cyborg-kid
Super Toddler
Steel-lite
The Eradicator lad:D :joker: hahaha

Rumors are BS. I really dont see them bringing him back like this, sounds more like a fanboy dream. It would totally dumb down his death in issue #6 way too soon.

After IC they wont have Prime's wall punching to blame for all these strange ressurections and timeline chnages anymore, I think everything will be tighter.

Crisis Superman said:
Rumors are BS. I really dont see them bringing him back like this, sounds more like a fanboy dream. It would totally dumb down his death in issue #6 way too soon.

After IC they wont have Prime's wall punching to blame for all these strange ressurections and timeline chnages anymore, I think everything will be tighter.

I agree, I think they are trying to fix the last several years of glitches.

C'mon you didn't find STEEL-LITE funny at all. Oh well...:O

From what I remember, the Superman rights expire in 97 but I think it's related to movies. In fact that was one of the reasons they couldn't wait till SV end to start the movie, because suposedly if a new Superman movie doesn't come out until 2007 they loose the rights. That's what I heard, I haven't heard anything regarding rights to comics...

This maybe a silly question... but I wonder if having this lawsuit looming over them will affect the decision to have Clark fly or not?

Will flying make him more "Superboy-ish" to the courts?

Serene said:
This maybe a silly question... but I wonder if having this lawsuit looming over them will affect the decision to have Clark fly or not?

It could depending on what you call Superman or Superboy-ish. Its like why dont they go after Marvel for Supreme Power or all their other Superman rip-offs??? Why only go after DC? As I said before this lawsuit really could kill the next season of SV if the WB doesn't feel like paying and the only people who would suffer is the fans. Really the point of the matter is the family feels like they were robbed and they pretty much were it like the the guy who takes the credit for Batman really he didn't make Batman but the man who did has no living family members so he is robbed.

Because really what your looking at is if they bring another suit asking for the show to stop with all use of powers till this case is settled they have a pretty good chance of that happing.

avidreader said:
Where's Hulk when you need him.

I have a little legal experience, but I'm nowhere near the legal eagle that :hulk: is.

First thing I note is that Smallville started before 2004, which is when these ladies assumed the copyrights to Superboy.

Secondly, Clark has never been referred to as the Superboy character and he doesnt wear the costume.

Thirdly, its in the story of Superman that he grew up in Smallville when he was a teenager.

Anyway, this dispute has been going since 2004 and probably wont be settled before Smallville ends.

I wouldnt go that far . . .Remember Aquadude

Also remember when Iceman got his powers. They do throw around the term Superboy like its. None thing.

If Clark does not fly at all because of this Law Suit I would rather them end the Show. No flying = this Show turns into Dawsons Creek :o I can understand with budget limits they have to limit his flying. But if he can not fly period. Then BLAH him flying is such a big part of his Character

Serene said:

But hes already flown? I dont think it matters.

The decision of the lawsuit will simply result in some kinda cash settlement most likely.

I would laugh my ass off if in court the trial was broken down to Pre and Post crisis evidence and things of that nature

Super_Ludacris said:
I would laugh my ass off if in court the trial was broken down to Pre and Post crisis evidence and things of that nature

Well there is a Silver Age story where Perry White went to Smallville to interview Superboy.

Season 3 episode 5.

Okay I'm done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"