Lawsuite

no really it all comes down to stop using the powers because as long as you use the powers it is really pretty much coming off as Superboy with out the suit.

Tony_Montana said:
no really it all comes down to stop using the powers because as long as you use the powers it is really pretty much coming off as Superboy with out the suit.

A Show about Clark Kent with no Super Powers = DEAD

Thats right but thats the way they might have to go. I mean pretty much SV is really going off of Pre-Crisis stories and really following Superboy more then Superman. So really if they asked to put a stop on the shows until the lawsuite s setteled then they really could get it because the fact of the matter is suit or no suit they are doing Superboy call it what you want but it is Superboy. One thing about Post-Crisis Superman is that they took away Superboy. They didn't have him in Smallville saving Lanas butt all the time like Pre-Crisis Superboy. Instead he learned more about his powers roaming the world which I thought was great.

of course you want it to be that way, because it's the most negative for Smallville. Your bias is quite clear.

right as I have stated before I do love the show for what it is but if you want the lawsuite to go away thats how the outcome would be if the WB didn't feel like paying money, but we all know in the end they will buy the rights to Superman and Superboy so its not even an issue.

the legalities of the suit are far more complicated than what you're stating. If it was as simple as WB just paying off the Siegel's, there wouldnt be a lawsuit. Regardless of the outcome of the current proceeding, there will be appeals that will have this tied up in court for long past the point that Smallville is still airing, even if it, as it now looks, goes a full 7 seasons.

The rights to \S/ are worth a hell of a lot more than a simple one time payout. Look for this to drag on.

No I am not saying a buyout I am saying the WB has more then enough money to buy the rights to Superman or to buy enough to share the rights of Superman they just are holding out right now.

Oh you mean have WB liscense them from the Seigels. It may come to that but either way look for the Seigels to put up a fight until its their decision to make.

WB already owns the rights to Superman, the dispute is about the rights to Superboy and like I said, if it was as easy as "just buying them" they wouldve done that and made this just go away. The Siegel's want residuals dating back to the beginning of Season 4, plus any going forward. That includes, airings, videos, and other promotions.

Supershizzle said:
WB already owns the rights to Superman, the dispute is about the rights to Superboy and like I said, if it was as easy as "just buying them" they wouldve done that and made this just go away. The Siegel's want residuals dating back to the beginning of Season 4, plus any going forward. That includes, airings, videos, and other promotions.
Sorry to tell you the WB don't own the rights to Superman anymore tey are living on borrowed time with the rights to Superman. Thats why it is the fear of many fans that the WB if the dont want to pick up the rights to Superman may kill him off in such a way that it would be hard to bring him back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"