Legend: Hand of God gameplay trailer!

kaylee

Reaction score
There's a game coming out at the beginning of next month called Legend: Hand of God that I'm particularly looking forward to. It looks a bit like a Diablo clone, but it's got its own engine and the graphics are pretty awesome. It's also supposed to have a really good story, and it won RPG of the Year in Germany last year. I think THQ is the one bringing it here -- any other fantasy RPG fans here? I think it'll be a good summer release.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0GPj6rulQmg

Have you checked out Titan Quest? That's an excellent Diablo clone, it's actually made by the original Diablo team if I remember correctly. Sadly, the company went bust.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t0PCH5OUxS4

I have played Titan Quest, actually. It was definitely an enjoyable game, and the fact that it was a THQ property as well is part of why I'm looking forward to Legend as well, since it's also being brought here by THQ. I did feel, however, the Titan Quest was missing something... atmosphere, perhaps. The graphics textures just weren't as detailed or gritty as the graphics look in Legend, and the story... well, the story didn't really exist in Titan Quest. It had a vague story, but it was mostly hopping from quest to quest with little overarching theme. The fact that Legend is written by the Bioshock writer makes me really excited just to see it play out, and the atmosphere in the game (that light source as cursor thing just adds to it, requires you to examine dark corners with the mouse) puts it several notches over Titan Quest, as far as I can tell.

That's not to say I didn't like Titan Quest when it came out... I'm just expecting Legend to be even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"