Legion LEGION S1E8 - "Chapter 8" (Spoilers)

This, for me, easily beats out any comic adaptation on TV right now. While I'm sure Defenders will be good, and I can't make a call on Inhumans, Legion is probably going to be my favorite comic adaptation on TV for 2017.

I mean it is a co-production, but yeah the rights for something that recent would be iffy. But they did use Darwin and Angel Salvadore so!

It did feel like that. And I'm all for the Shadow King sticking around if it means we get more Aubrey Plaza antics...whenever Legion Season 2 comes out.

Ugh, we're gonna have to wait till 2019 but I'm already loving the idea of Plaza and Clement as on-the-run mutant cohorts.

that post credit scene was..... not needed. Probably because it wasn't what I was expecting, but oh well.

Depending on where they go with it, it was kinda lame by itself.

That was obviously the "Equinox" the government guy ordered to be sent in.

I wonder what the "Peacemaker" was... a nuke?

Fantastic series. 9.5/10

Just beats out Daredevil for the top spot (for superhero comic book television).

Great season. I assumed the stinger was Mojo tho?

Did I miss something about David's sister? I didn't see her in the episode

Plaza went full Beetlejuice in this episode, and it was pretty great. And Dark Side of the Moon is always appreciated.

Great ep. Now I hate we have so long to wait.

I know it's far too early to speculate on extras, but I hope the home release of the first season has some great behind the scenes content. A show with these kind of effects on a TV budget, I'm very curious about hearing the story behind that outside of just reading articles.

And if I had to guess, maybe Amy was just kept tucked away since Division Three still might have been looking for her as well.

Not only am I excited to see more Aubrey, but we'll get to see her with Oliver as well, probably two of the most interesting characters on the show. So 2018 can't get here fast enough.

Not only am I excited to see more Aubrey, but we'll get to see her with Oliver as well, probably two of the most interesting characters on the show. So 2018 can't get here fast enough.

Oh, I didn't even realize Legion was coming back that soon. Well, good. Hope this show has either a panel or some air time at FX's Comic Con panel this summer.

Hawley said he hopes to be back next year so unless he takes on even more work I feel like we will be back very soon. He's still at work on Fargo S3 though so who knows if he will have stuff for the summer.

The hairy pits was a nice touch.

tumblr_onmofe2yXy1uh91oco2_500.gif

tumblr_onmofe2yXy1uh91oco1_500.gif

That was a great finale. I like that Hamish Linklater got a lot of time.

Hawley wants us to hate gay people confirmed
Yeah no. I'm gay, that's not what I got from that. :p I like how they showed more of his character. I also like that this episode showed shades of grey. Melanie's crew kinda looked like the bad guys, while the Interigator and D3 were almost just fighting for their survival. And it is kinda amusing that Shadow King isn't just the big bad of the season, but actually makes it out. Also seems like the episode in general just didn't want to be the traditional final episode. And we get to keep Aubrey Plaza for S2 so that's a win. ;)

Last edited:
As much as I loved this season, this last episode felt more like a mid-season finale. Still great fun, and hopefully David starts picking up some actual personalities and becomes Legion at some point.

Plaza went full Beetlejuice in this episode, and it was pretty great. And Dark Side of the Moon is always appreciated.
Yeah, I've been thinking a classic Floyd tune would fit in so well in this show (and even more with one character named Syd Barrett), so I really loved hearing that intro to Breathe.

Well, it's gonna be a long wait for season two. S01 was fantastic.

it was a good wrap to an amazing season. Very unique in its story telling and vision of mental illness. I'm excited for season two and what Hawley has in store for the next year. Whatever it is I'm confident I'll be amazed, after three amazing seasons of tv.

Well, David's last line of the episode was what I said too...

Great ending.

Yeah no. I'm gay, that's not what I got from that. :p I like how they showed more of his character. I also like that this episode showed shades of grey. Melanie's crew kinda looked like the bad guys, while the Interigator and D3 were almost just fighting for their survival. And it is kinda amusing that Shadow King isn't just the big bad of the season, but actually makes it out. Also seems like the episode in general just didn't want to be the traditional final episode. And we get to keep Aubrey Plaza for S2 so that's a win. ;)

I didn't think that Melanie's team looked like the bad guys.

It's the first time they've actually held the upper hand, probably in their entire recent history.

Melanie views are definitely... Magneto-esque.

This, for me, easily beats out any comic adaptation on TV right now. While I'm sure Defenders will be good, and I can't make a call on Inhumans, Legion is probably going to be my favorite comic adaptation on TV for 2017.

That ain't even a question. I've enjoyed all the Netflix shows to varying degrees (even parts of Iron Fist), but this is so clearly operating on a higher plain. With this and Fargo, Hawley is entering into the Vince Gilligan echelon of showrunners. The best of the best.

That ain't even a question. I've enjoyed all the Netflix shows to varying degrees (even parts of Iron Fist), but this is so clearly operating on a higher plain. With this and Fargo, Hawley is entering into the Vince Gilligan echelon of showrunners. The best of the best.

I would agree with this wholeheartedly, it's one of the best shows on television period. No need to categorize it any other way, just one of the best out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"