The Wolverine Lethal Samurai Steel - The Will Yun Lee / Silver Samurai Thread

I have no problem with Silver Samurai being this big because I think it will really give Wolverine a harder time to beat him. I just hope they execute it well.

Well what about the pic of the traditional SS armor from the back? Maybe this thing is just a robot.

Well what about the pic of the traditional SS armor from the back? Maybe this thing is just a robot.

It could be Shingen or Win Yun Lee's first Silver Samurai armor.

Anyway, that scene with the bigger Silver Samurai is said to take place at the climax of the movie.

That's a very large set of armour. I'm wondering if they can realistically portray that as being piloted by someone.

http://imageshack.us/a/img839/4534/silversamuraisentinel.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

The Second Armor is really Big! Thhis could be a really Cool Showdown.

Could it be that being Silver Samurai is a family tradition type thing in the film? With both Shingen and his son Kenuichio acting as SS?

It looks like a robot or at least a mechanical suit, maybe this will be the DoFP connection.. providing a template for Sentinels if this SS is a formidable enough.

I don't know...this Silver Samurai Gundam is another aspect that makes this movie seem a lot like X-Men Origins Wolverine. Another unnecessary change like turning Dead Pool into a mute mortal kombat ripoff that is remote controlled by Stryker.

It looks like a robot or at least a mechanical suit, maybe this will be the DoFP connection.. providing a template for Sentinels if this SS is a formidable enough.

My thoughts exactly! The guy goes "Our company can do anything" I think they will help manufacture Sentinels. I imagine a tie-in...not major enough to take away from The Wolverine's plot but something like that.

I'm not sure yet if it will be tie in with the Sentinels in DOFP.

That's a very large set of armour. I'm wondering if they can realistically portray that as being piloted by someone.

Also, here is a look at the guy in the more traditional armour at the end of the trailer. Apparently this may be Lord Shingen and not Silver Samurai himself.

shingensamurai.jpg

So this is Shingen? Does he look old enough to be Mariko's father? I thought he was supposed to be kinda old, old.

So this is Shingen? Does he look old enough to be Mariko's father? I thought he was supposed to be kinda old, old.
This is where they are getting that fight scene from, I assume ..
278440-22785-wolverine.JPG

Wolverine is supposed to be wearing that armor too but they can't do everything that close to the comic, or original source. So, him not being an insanely old man makes it a better fit to the story. This guy can obviously put up a fight against Wolverine so I don't think we should be too worried about his age. Also, Great Mind(s) .. I posted in the other thread that the actor playing Lord Shingen is 52 and Moriko (might be spelling it wrong) is 27 in real life, so the age adds up to him being the right age to be her father.

Hmm okay then. I guess I'm just disappointed that Silver Samurai doesn't get the traditional armor before the mechanical one. Because it really looks like the shots of the "traditional SS" is actually Shingen right before that pic I posted. Wolverine probably takes his helmet off or something. I guess it's not a huge deal if they do it right.

Looks like he's just flipping him over... I love those Wolverine claws though.

But Wolverine isn't actually touching him. Even if he was it would still be an awkward rendition of that. The posing is very clumsy.

Just so we got all this stuff straight:

Shingen Yashida (Hiroyuki Sanada) is wearing the smaller set of armor. Shingen is the father of Mariko.

ODOxgjR.jpg

dstQmv5.jpg

shingensamurai.jpg

"Lee will play Harada, more commonly known as The Silver Samurai. He possesses an electrified suit of samurai armor and is the illegitimate son of the crime lord." -THR

EAxgLSE.jpg

wIQfv7K.gif

Mariko and Wolverine

That is Shingen.

And I don't think he looks unbelievable as Mariko's father. The actor is already in his 50s. The actress who's playing Mariko looks very young.

Where's that gif from Magnar?

According to Total Film, Harada (Silver Samurai) charges his katanas with (tachyon) energy to turn them into a sort of lightsaber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"