Superman Returns Lets give this movie a chance

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
We are now in 2005,the year production begins on a new superman movie and last night we had seemingly a concrete piece of casting news.Sadly the moaning has begun alrerady,from,"she's ugly" to"she sucks cos she's not my choice" to the stupidist of all "she doesn't look like Lois" which is silly given how many different ways Lois has been drawn over the years not to mention various tv versions.Now i'll admit,singer wasn't my first director choice and kate wasn't my first Lois choice(i wanted and unknown so Routh was fine by me)but Singer IMO deserves some trust.This man has an excellent track record for quality and successful films(particually in the comic book genre)and is the guy who cast Hugh Jackman as Wolverine(to tall and handsome for fanboys)who turned out for 90% of ppl to be a superb choice enbodying the character personality wise.
My point is we can't judge the story as we don't even know what it is and we should wait to see the actors in full make-up and costume in the correct enviroment before we pass judgement on them.Overall I think we should be happy that a superman movie is finally getting made whether the cast is our choice or not as to me i'm a superman fan first and foremost and the icon is bigger than the actor.

Happy new year,hopefully a great one for both bats and suoes:batman: :supes:

of course, lets give them both a chance, lets make both of these box office record holders for a while

Rob Lobo said:
I'll give this movie a chance :up:
smile.gif
icon14.gif

That´s all I been saying, and some people seem to interpret it simply as "thought police". I don´t have any problem with people making criticisms and having doubts, I´m just making a suggestion, "just give it a chance and try to have a little faith". If you try, it´s good for the soul, trust me.

I don't know why so many people are negative, we have all been crying out for a new movie, we get one and all they do is moan. Bryan Singer will not cork this up.....you have to remember he is a Superman Fan, like us!!!

Hell I want this movie to be good :supes:

People are going to say that they will give this film a chance but they will still b!tc# about it anyway :down:

the only time I'll be *****ing about it is trying to get as much Superman related items I can get my hands on :D

Don't you have enough Superman crap, save some for the rest of us :mad:

No one is ever going to please everyone so if we apply the 80/20 rule I do think that about 80% of the people of these threads are positive and going in open minded. The other 20% have their "reason" for their disdain for the way the project is going and that's their problem. I know I'm looking forward to this movie emensely. I'm not concerning myself with who is cast as who. I will go in with a very open mind and hope for one hell of a ride.

I am glad they went with an unkown for Supes as I really think that is the correct route but would have goine in with as open mind regardless of who got the part. I have never seen Kate in anything so I don't have the slightest idea what she will be like as Lois but I love that! It will make seeing this movie that much more fun to watch.

Happy New year to everyone for 2005 and I'm looking forward to being able to say 2006 very very soon!

I don't know if anyone else is as obsessive/nerdy as me, but I've already bought a wardrobe specifically designed for opening day of the film. It consists of all Superman logo clothing and it will not be worn until then as it must be christened properly. The only bummer is that I can't find Superman shoes in an adult size or socks that match! I will watch every showing that day (at least for one of those my dad will be with me), and I damn sure won't be going to work. Also, I will get myself warmed up in the days prior by watching the first four films in mental preparation and for a general psych-up methodology (like some sort of nerdy pre-game ritual). When I told my wife about this she mocked me, but I don't care, because Superman is so rad. I also bought a shirt for my dad to wear because when the fourth film came out I was six and he was with me. You know, I probably won't tell anyone at work about this because I do work at a fitness center and those superficial butt-nuggets just won't understand. I'm officially the biggest geek I know.

KaptainKrypton said:
I don't know if anyone else is as obsessive/nerdy as me, but I've already bought a wardrobe specifically designed for opening day of the film. It consists of all Superman logo clothing and it will not be worn until then as it must be christened properly. The only bummer is that I can't find Superman shoes in an adult size or socks that match! I will watch every showing that day (at least for one of those my dad will be with me), and I damn sure won't be going to work. Also, I will get myself warmed up in the days prior by watching the first four films in mental preparation and for a general psych-up methodology (like some sort of nerdy pre-game ritual). When I told my wife about this she mocked me, but I don't care, because Superman is so rad. I also bought a shirt for my dad to wear because when the fourth film came out I was six and he was with me. You know, I probably won't tell anyone at work about this because I do work at a fitness center and those superficial butt-nuggets just won't understand. I'm officially the biggest geek I know.

:eek:

More power to you.

hippie_hunter said:
Don't you have enough Superman crap, save some for the rest of us :mad:

No! Mine, mine, mine :D

Morg said:
Hell I want this movie to be good :supes:

That's odd Morg, i don't remember you ever saying anything about liking Superman :confused:

KaptainKrypton said:
I don't know if anyone else is as obsessive/nerdy as me, .... I'm officially the biggest geek I know.

Self-recognition that you are a geek makes you less geeky than you think you are! Its the real jobs that have no idea that they are geeks that are the true die-hard geeks!

My self recognition as a geek came as I stood in line at midnight to watch a sneek preview of Batman Forever by myself. To pass the time I was reading a Star Trek book. At some point in the evening I said to myself "What a geek". I've lived with it ever since, but at least I'm aware of it!

Wiseman said:
That's odd Morg, i don't remember you ever saying anything about liking Superman :confused:

cute, *smacks wiseman* :p

KaptainKrypton said:
First I love this post. I haven't been in these forums in a long time and then I find this great bit of fun:up: I read this and I was just tickled. I love your enthusiam. I wish I could be with you when you go. You are going to have a ball. I don't know where you would find Supes shoes but I sure hope you do. And I hope you take a pic and post it. I would love to see it. I am going to be wearing my supes tee shirt and I hope that BTN will have some more stuff to buy. I got red shorts to wear. I don't know what else to get yet but after reading this, I am going to be looking too. This is great. I love when people throw themselves into something they love.

Hey do you like Batman too? and you got any plans to dress for that?

KaptainKrypton said:

here is your boots with a affordable price!!! :D

Of course you can find some nice cheap boots on eBay right now. Try this company. They are very nice to work with.

Eastern Coast Costume
329 Moody St. Waltham, Massachusetts 02453
Toll Free 1-800-924-6836

Batboots008.jpg

This is what the boots look like. They come to a point like the Lois & Clark style boot. But you could always cut the peak in the top to make it look more like the comic style. The boots are very comfortable and for $35.00 you can't beat it.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"