Superman Returns Lets give this movie a chance

Wesyeed said:
Heh, AND could have been much worse. Look at fantastic four, Elektra, Daredevil, Catwoman.

They're both good but flawed movies, I'll give ya, but they're serious-minded tales with the whole 'gay' theme and great story, and I like that. It worked for me as a whole regardless of a few niggles. I never was happy with how storm or sabertooth got portrayed, but I forgave that because the movie does have a good story. And Nightcrawler was badass, bamfing all over the presidents office in the greatest scene showcasing a comic book movie characters powers that I've ever seen thus far.

I know and I never said the Singer X-Men films were not good. But I don't like how people talk about them like they are perfection and give Singer WAY too much credit. They had flaws but still were great.

RedIsNotBlue said:
I know and I never said the Singer X-Men films were not good. But I don't like how people talk about them like they are perfection and give Singer WAY too much credit. They had flaws but still were great.
What movie doesn't have flaws? Spider-man, Batman Begins...they all have flaws. If you really want to be picky, anyone can complain about anything.

RedIsNotBlue said:

What wrong with me saying they are perfect? I can say they are perfect if I want to. It not like I'm saying it's a fact & shoving it down other people's throat. And of course it has flaws. All movies have flaws. Nothing is perfect, so you should expect it to have flaws.

Nightwing1977 said:
What wrong with me saying they are perfect? I can say they are perfect if I want to. It not like I'm saying it's a fact & shoving it down other people's throat. And of course it has flaws. All movies have flaws. Nothing is perfect, so you should expect it to have flaws.

Okay you just said whats wrong with saying its perfect then say nothing is perfect?? Oooook?? Haha.

skruloos said:
What movie doesn't have flaws? Spider-man, Batman Begins...they all have flaws. If you really want to be picky, anyone can complain about anything.

Listen. Your completely missing what I am saying. I am not saying there are flawless movies at all. I am saying people need to quit acting like Singer is flawless...that is all.

RedIsNotBlue said:
Listen. Your completely missing what I am saying. I am not saying there are flawless movies at all. I am saying people need to quit acting like Singer is flawless...that is all.
The point is that you can say that about any filmmaker and any movie. What's the point of praising anyone? No filmmaker is perfect.

In light of that fact, what's the point of tearing down a director? Since everyone is flawed, then why detract or praise anyone?

skruloos said:
The point is that you can say that about any filmmaker and any movie. What's the point of praising anyone? No filmmaker is perfect.

In light of that fact, what's the point of tearing down a director? Since everyone is flawed, then why detract or praise anyone?

Haha well since your not even grasping what I am saying I will just let it go.

RedIsNotBlue said:
Haha well since your not even grasping what I am saying I will just let it go.
No. I get it. You don't like that people praise Singer so much that it makes it seem like he is flawless. It's not that hard of a concept to grasp.

So what if people think he is? So what if people don't? What difference does it make to you? There will always be people who praise these people to the point of making them seem flawless. There will always be people who tear this people down. Why are you making a big deal about it? Are you personally offended that some people overlook the flaws in Singer's films and praise him?

skruloos said:
No. I get it. You don't like that people praise Singer so much that it makes it seem like he is flawless. It's not that hard of a concept to grasp.

So what if people think he is? So what if people don't? What difference does it make to you? There will always be people who praise these people to the point of making them seem flawless. There will always be people who tear this people down. Why are you making a big deal about it? Are you personally offended that some people overlook the flaws in Singer's films and praise him?

People can praise Singer...thats there right. And its my right to show that he is not as perfect as the person makes him out to be. I can do what you do to...watch. Why do you even care what I think? What difference does it make to you? Are you personally offended that I see Singer's major flaws? Why are you making such a big deal out of this?

Its called different views and opinions. And my opinion is that Singer is not as amazing as SOME make him out to be...deal with it. I still think he is a great director but it always bugs me when people start overlooking the spots he messed up in, like he can't do NO wrong (ie Cinemaman).

RedIsNotBlue said:
People can praise Singer...thats there right. And its my right to show that he is not as perfect as the person makes him out to be. I can do what you do to...watch. Why do you even care what I think? What difference does it make to you? Are you personally offended that I see Singer's major flaws? Why are you making such a big deal out of this?

Its called different views and opinions. And my opinion is that Singer is not as amazing as SOME make him out to be...deal with it. I still think he is a great director but it always bugs me when people start overlooking the spots he messed up in, like he can't do NO wrong (ie Cinemaman).
The point is that I debate points but I don't try to change a person's viewpoint. If someone wants to praise Singer and honestly doesn't see any flaws, then why bother?

Why does it bother you if people overlook the flaws that you see? Maybe they don't see them as flaws. Maybe they don't think he messed up. If they are entitled to that opinion, why try to change their mind?

But whatever. Do what you will. It's your own voice you're wasting. The people who think that Singer is flawless will still continue to do so, despite your protests.

skruloos said:
The point is that I debate points but I don't try to change a person's viewpoint. If someone wants to praise Singer and honestly doesn't see any flaws, then why bother?

Why does it bother you if people overlook the flaws that you see? Maybe they don't see them as flaws. Maybe they don't think he messed up. If they are entitled to that opinion, why try to change their mind?

But whatever. Do what you will. It's your own voice you're wasting. The people who think that Singer is flawless will still continue to do so, despite your protests.

What the ****?? I was trying to "convert" anyone. I was just stating my views on Singer as a director. Is that okay with you??? I already said everyone has their own opinion and that was mine. Your making it sound like im out to prove Singer sucks. Wrong. I think he is a great directly but really overrated by some. Is that okay with you?? Next time I post my viewpoint on what I think of a director I will be sure to run it past you next time. And I like how you say I am wasting my voice yet you keep replying to me. Makes sense.

RedIsNotBlue said:
What the ****?? I was trying to "convert" anyone.
A few posts up, didn't you say this?

RedIsNotBlue said:
I am saying people need to quit acting like Singer is flawless...that is all.
Does that not mean that your posts pointing out the flaws in his films are attempts at getting people to "quit acting like Singer is flawless?" If that was not your intention, then I withdraw what I said.

skruloos said:
A few posts up, didn't you say this?

Does that not mean that your posts pointing out the flaws in his films are attempts at getting people to "quit acting like Singer is flawless?" If that was not your intention, then I withdraw what I said.

Because I felt he was overlooking the bad intentionally. That is what I mean. It irritates when people do that. Or maybe I just completely misunderstood his intentions and in that case my mistake. I am not trying to change opinions just trying to get the facts straight.

RedIsNotBlue said:
Because I felt he was overlooking the bad intentionally. That is what I mean. It irritates when people do that. Or maybe I just completely misunderstood his intentions and in that case my mistake. I am not trying to change opinions just trying to get the facts straight.
I don't know. The problem here is that some people just really don't see the same flaws you do. Or they might not even see them as flaws at all. You see these flaws as facts. But they aren't. Whether they are flaws or not are a matter of opinion.

Well I guess you gotta know the characters to consider the flaws as factual. Oh well.

RedIsNotBlue said:
Well I guess you gotta know the characters to consider the flaws as factual. Oh well.
Exactly. Or you simply don't care about the translation of the character to the films. Some people just judge the films as films without any comparison to the comics.

But even without the comics the film had flaws. Oh never mind. I am just gonna drop it nevermind...haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"