Let's keep on calling it Democracy

Why won't they simply impeach him?
Because it hasn't been proven that Bush hasn't committed a crime. Even though they were unfairly trapped into committing a crime, Johnson and Clinton did actually commit crimes and that is why they were impeached.

Also, the Democrats forced Pelosi to take impeachment of Bush off the table in order to improve their chances of winning control of Congress and keeping it beyond the 2007 - 2009 timeframe.

He started a war on lies and he goes on with his plan against the will of a larger part of the population, the Senate, the military advisors.
Here's the thing.

When the Iraq War started, a very slight majority of the population actually supported it. To say he went against the will of a larger part of the population is false because America was basically split 50-50 over whether or not we should go to war.

To say that he went against the will of the Senate is also false because it was them that gave Bush the approval to go to war. To impeach him over going to war in Iraq, would make the Democrats look like hypocrites.

To say that he went against the will of the military advisors is also false. Donald Rumsfeld and Paul Wolfowitz were in charge of the Department of Defense, they supported the war. Also, regime change in Iraq was always a government policy concerning Saddam Hussein since the days of Bill Clinton.

Not only that, there is just no way to actually prove for certain that Bush has indeed lied. It can simply be backed up by the defense of false intelligence. Nations such as France had the same beleif that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. The United Kingdom, Spain, Poland, Australia, and others beleived that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction.

Wondering how much Haliburton is giving him for his services.
Haliburton has had a history of taking part in reconstruction efforts. During the first Bush Administration, they took part in bringing burning oil wells under control in Kuwait. During the Clinton Admininstration they supported US peacekeeping efforts in Bosnia and Croatia. And now they are supporting US efforts in Iraq under the current Bush Administration

Bush started the war without going to congress saying if it was ok. Thats against the law.

Bush started the war without going to congress saying if it was ok. Thats against the law.

Its not a war - its a Military Conflict. Just like Nam and Korea and Desert Storm and everything since WWII.

what were some of his quotes lately?
"I'm the decision maker." in the headlines today.
and "I'm gonna do what I want."<<<something he said on 60mins.

Bush did go to Congress to start the Iraq War with the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002. It passed in both the House and the Senate and was signed into law in October of 2002. Bush then went to war against Saddam Hussein's regime in March of 2003.

Bush did it legally. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Also the War Powers Act of 1973 gives the President the right to conduct war for 60 - 90 days without Congress' full approval

When the Iraq War started, a very slight majority of the population actually supported it. To say he went against the will of a larger part of the population is false because America was basically split 50-50 over whether or not we should go to war.

To say that he went against the will of the Senate is also false because it was them that gave Bush the approval to go to war. To impeach him over going to war in Iraq, would make the Democrats look like hypocrites.

To say that he went against the will of the military advisors is also false. Donald Rumsfeld and Paul Wolfowitz were in charge of the Department of Defense, they supported the war. Also, regime change in Iraq was always a government policy concerning Saddam Hussein since the days of Bill Clinton.

Not only that, there is just no way to actually prove for certain that Bush has indeed lied. It can simply be backed up by the defense of false intelligence. Nations such as France had the same beleif that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. The United Kingdom, Spain, Poland, Australia, and others beleived that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction.
I did not say that when he started the war he did it against the senate and the people's opinion. I said he's still sending troops to Iraq now, when according to the polls, most of the USA people want the war to stop. And the Senate too.
And the false intelligence was fabricated (on request) by an Italian person called Rocco Martino and then sent to the CIA who later sent it to the French secret service for checking. The French spies said the dossier was crap, but after 9/11 some people close to the Italian secret service send it back to Langley saying it was reliable information. A couple of journalists in Italy (D'Avanzo and Bonini) did a lot of journalistic investigation on the dossier. Just Google search "Nigergate".

Also the War Powers Act of 1973 gives the President the right to conduct war for 60 - 90 days without Congress' full approval
If only Bush's spin dr's were half as determined as you seem to be to defend him. The man is an ineffectual tool; there are so many examples, it's redundent to mention them.

my cat hates you
britneydark2.jpg

If only Bush's spin dr's were half as determined as you seem to be to defend him. The man is an ineffectual tool; there are so many examples, it's redundent to mention them.

my cat hates you
britneydark2.jpg

Don't get me wrong. I think that Bush is a rather bad President also. And yes, as you said he's tool. But facts are facts here. He did have Congress' approval to go to war (contrary to what Caliber said). It hasn't been proven [yet], that he's committed a crime. And chances are extremely low that he's going to get impeached.

I did not say that when he started the war he did it against the senate and the people's opinion. I said he's still sending troops to Iraq now, when according to the polls, most of the USA people want the war to stop. And the Senate too.
Well in that case, I completely agree with you.

And the false intelligence was fabricated (on request) by an Italian person called Rocco Martino and then sent to the CIA who later sent it to the French secret service for checking. The French spies said the dossier was crap, but after 9/11 some people close to the Italian secret service send it back to Langley saying it was reliable information. A couple of journalists in Italy (D'Avanzo and Bonini) did a lot of journalistic investigation on the dossier. Just Google search "Nigergate".
I'll look it up. It sounds rather interesting.

Americans wont impeach Bush because they are too god damn lazy,i hate to say it..but i need to be blunt and honest.They just sit down,and take it as it comes.At least the Democrats are trying to do something about this insanity.

Americans wont impeach Bush because they are too god damn lazy,i hate to say it..but i need to be blunt and honest.They just sit down,and take it as it comes.At least the Democrats are trying to do something about this insanity.

Please stop talking about America you ignorant bastard :csad:

No they aren't The democrats are just as bad. They are ***** footing around it without having the balls to actually cut off funding entirely (the only way Congress could end the war)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"