• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Lie to Me

Yeah, I thought Loker was the best non-natural the Lightman Group had outside of Lightman and Foster. He seems to be extremely good but still learning. A journeyman lie detector to Cal and Jillian's masters and Torres' novice, if you will.

And after the last episode, a non-paid journeyman.

Heh, yeah. That was sweet. "We'll pay you how much you're worth--which is nothing." Go, Cal. :D

Another great episode. Roth is fun to watch. Torres looked scared when he was in her face.

I'd be bloody terrified. Lightman's a creepy dude.

Great episode, though. I was a bit disappointed to find that Lightman really was like 5 steps ahead of the serial rapist, though. It would've been nice to actually see a "dark Lightman." Maybe in a future episode.

The addition of Mekhi Phifer to the cast should be interesting. I think he's a good actor and I liked his character in the episode, but I was also curious about why he was playing what seemed to be a one-off role, since he's a fairly big name in TV. It all made sense in those last couple minutes, though. Looking forward to seeing how he gets along with the "nerds." :D

I actually thought Mekhi Phifer was the bad guy through most of the episode. Him going off on Lightman saying "this is our guy" had me a little curious. Overall a really great episode. Season finale next week.

I didn't suspect him. He just seemed like a passionate FBI agent who was fed up with being one step behind Jenkins and the copycat.

Great episode. I too was hoping that Lightman was thrown off his game just once, though I doubt he planned for Foster to get attacked. This show is just awesome.

I agree. It really caught me off guard how good it is. I mean, seeing Roth's name attached to it was the only thing that got me to watch the pilot episode originally.

:up:

This is the God's honest truth: Lie to Me is coming back for another season.

A Fox rep wouldn't comment, but reliable sources confirm that the network has renewed the freshman drama for a 13-episode second season. And here's where things get really interesting: Shawn Ryan, the genius producer-writer behind The Shield and The Unit, is taking over as showrunner. Don't interpret that to mean The Unit is dead though. I'm told if the CBS procedural returns -- and it very well may -- Ryan will juggle both shows.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/scoop-fox-renew.html

Why is it getting a new showrunner? I thought whoever was in charge right now was doing a fine job.

Watching the latest episode. Crazy stuff.

Foster's separating from her husband. It affected and weakened her senses in the story, as both Torres and Lightman's daughter--picking up daddy's skills!--were able to read her. Glad that they haven't forgotten about Lightman and his ex-wife.

Another episode that shows how far Lightman's willing to go to solve a case, this time delaying to tell Torres about her boyfriend.

Good finale.

Just got done watching the finale. Really good episode. I have a feeling somewhere down the road Lightman and Foster will be getting together. It would be funny seeing them try to hide it from Torres and Loker. I'm glad it's getting a second season.

Can't get better than being paired with House on Monday's. Hopefully it will turn more people on to the show. Can't wait for next season.

Monday
8:00-9:00 PM House
9:00-10:00 PM Lie to Me

Yep with House as it's lead in. :up:

The second season must start during the winter or next summer then? Season 8 of 24 will start in February and run through May.

Last edited:
It was renewed for only 13 episodes. Almost every show coming back this year has been met with cutbacks.
24 will be it's mid summer replacement:

Monday

8:00-9:00 PM House
9:00-10:00 PM 24

Excellent. This is the show I've been looking forward to most since last season's finale. Well, maybe Dexter as well. But Lie to Me really grabbed me in its first season. I hope its second season is just as good. :up:

Wow man. Lightman's daughter has it the worst! You can't lie about anything! :funny:

Better watch out when Lightman starts tilting his head...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"