L'il boy saves sister from pitbulls

hey, I AM charming... I just HATE those dogs... no reason for those dogs to exist, as far as I'M concerned...
Do you know why they were originally bred?

The hatred for the breed is largely undeserved. Every pit bull I've known has been a wonderful companion and a wonderful friend.

or until something makes them snap and they fasten their teeth into some toddler and you can't pry those jaws apart...

no thanks... in MY book, a bullet in the brain is the only thing good for those dogs...

or until something makes them snap and they fasten their teeth into some toddler and you can't pry those jaws apart...

no thanks... in MY book, a bullet in the brain is the only thing good for those dogs...
How many have you actually interacted with? Something tells me that your perception is rather skewed.

Last edited:
How many have you actually interacted with? Something tells me that your perception is rather skewed.

YOUR perception of ME is what's skewed...

my idiot son-in-law is in possession of two pitbulls...

along with my 6 year old granddaughter and 8 year old grandson... who are not even HIS biological children...

he went against my wishes and got those dogs...

there's been too many instances of "oh, he was such a friendly dog, he got along with kids famously"...

and then something happens... a slight movement or SOMETHING that sets the dog off and it just snaps and goes for the closest small thing near it... possibly a youngster that turns out to be mauled or worse because those jaws just fasten in and never let go...

so don't tell me about how the hatred for those dogs is undeserved...

it's WELL deserved...

I despise my son-in-law for putting my grandkids in jeopardy by going against me and getting those "guided missiles on four legs"...

so don't presume to justify to ME about how good these dogs are...

Question: Is every other person in the world your idiot son-in-law?

Also, pit bulls aren't known to just snap. You're thinking about chow chows, which have a well deserved reputation.

Furthermore, let's replace all references to dogs in your post with references to, I dunno, Chinese people (for example). That sounds pretty racist. Individual animals have individual personalities, based on pretty much the same stuff human personalities are based on (upbringing and past experiences). You can't judge an entire subgroup based on very skewed reports. You might as well be spouting any other stereotype.

Last edited:
Just from reading the information in the posts (I'm not counting your word usage or apparent attitude, neither of which help your case and both make you sound entirely irrational), Evo knows what he's talking about and probably has interacted with pit bulls before. You don't seem to have had any experience with the breed aside from a possible bad one. As an animal care professional, who has had his fair share of interaction with both good and bad dogs of pretty much every breed in the AKC, I really advise you to maybe try considering that you could possibly be wrong about these dogs. Sure, some dogs are mistreated to the point where they'll just go around and attack children, but others are treated well enough that the basic canine instinct takes over and they will lay their lives down to protect children.

http://www.understand-a-bull.com/Articles/HeroicPitties/Heroicpitbull0706.pdf

http://www.understand-a-bull.com/Articles/HeroicPitties/RockMarch2005.pdf

http://www.understand-a-bull.com/Articles/HeroicPitties/Missy.pdf

This stuff isn't as sensational and doesn't get the same indignant outrage that the media likes to evoke, so I'm sure you've never heard about these, but this is just a sampling.

Behaviour, human, canine, or otherwise, is more than just nature, there's a great deal of nurture in there.

Also, pit bulls aren't known to just snap. You're thinking about chow chows, which have a well deserved reputation.

Furthermore, let's replace all references to dogs in your post with references to, I dunno, Chinese people (for example). That sounds pretty racist. Individual animals have individual personalities, based on pretty much the same stuff human personalities are based on (upbringing and past experiences). You can't judge an entire subgroup based on very skewed reports. You might as well be spouting any other stereotype.

I stand by previous remarks...

I don't know how it is where YOU live, but in my region, there are always reports of pitbulls who were trained, got along with kids and then for SOME reason, they snapped and attacked or did a chasedown on someone or someon'es pet...

and NO, they were not chows... they were reports on the news of pitbulls... PIT BULLS... comprende?...

I'm not saying that every dog in that breed will be that way, but it HAS happened... and a bit too frequently... but the possibility DOES exist and CAN happen...

the idea that those reports on attacks as being isolated incidents that are few and far between and exaggerated are ludicrous... how many incidents are out there that we DON'T hear about?

I'm tired of people who I assume are pitbull owners and even pitbull defenders, sympathizers, dog lovers or whatever you want to call them, that always defend their arguments by latching onto the term "possibly" in reference to an attack by those dogs...

even ONE attack is one too many, considering the ferocity and nature of those dogs... the result of their actions is never pretty...

am I "racist" when it comes to those dogs?...when it comes to the safety of my grandkids, you DAMN RIGHT I am...

"possibility" is not something I'm about to take a chance on where the kids are concerned...

ANY threat to their safety, possible or otherwise, is a complete unacceptability to me...

I've said my piece... I'm done...

discussion is over...

move on...

Last edited:

Just from reading the information in the posts (I'm not counting your word usage or apparent attitude, neither of which help your case and both make you sound entirely irrational), Evo knows what he's talking about and probably has interacted with pit bulls before. You don't seem to have had any experience with the breed aside from a possible bad one. As an animal care professional, who has had his fair share of interaction with both good and bad dogs of pretty much every breed in the AKC, I really advise you to maybe try considering that you could possibly be wrong about these dogs. Sure, some dogs are mistreated to the point where they'll just go around and attack children, but others are treated well enough that the basic canine instinct takes over and they will lay their lives down to protect children.

http://www.understand-a-bull.com/Articles/HeroicPitties/Heroicpitbull0706.pdf

http://www.understand-a-bull.com/Articles/HeroicPitties/RockMarch2005.pdf

http://www.understand-a-bull.com/Articles/HeroicPitties/Missy.pdf

This stuff isn't as sensational and doesn't get the same indignant outrage that the media likes to evoke, so I'm sure you've never heard about these, but this is just a sampling.

Behaviour, human, canine, or otherwise, is more than just nature, there's a great deal of nurture in there.

You know what is funny, German Shepherds are actually statistically, deadlier animals than pitbulls. But everyone wants a cuddly German shepherd to protect their house.

Pittbulls can be the biggest cuddling babies if you raise them that way. Just wanted to say that in defense of the breed.

As for the children, he is a brave and wonderful brother. Boy got his man card.

Well, the issue is that you usually see only thuggish dudes with pitbulls for the most part, and that adds to the stereotype.

and NO, they were not chows... they were reports on the news of pitbulls... PIT BULLS... comprende?...

I'm not saying they were chows, just mentioning that chows have a much more well deserved reputation due to their hyperreactivity to some stimuli.

Also, not everyone knows what a "pit bull" looks like, they just know that the words "pit bull" evoke images of vicious dogs.

Here's a little test to show this. Most lay people get it wrong the first few times.
http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

You know what is funny, German Shepherds are actually statistically, deadlier animals than pitbulls. But everyone wants a cuddly German shepherd to protect their house.

G Sheps are also much harder to train because they're willful dogs. Training pits is more TLC and giving them an outlet for their tons of energy (long runs and pulling things seem to be the go-to methods).

We have a German Shepard next door. He barks Everytime I go out back and I can see him thru the gate. He's pretty big. I wouldn't wanna break in to that house

so don't tell me about how the hatred for those dogs is undeserved...

it's WELL deserved...
I've never seen anybody be so comfortable with being so woefully misinformed before. This level of willful ignorance is almost admirable for the sheer amount of willpower involved.

Pittbulls can be the biggest cuddling babies if you raise them that way. Just wanted to say that in defense of the breed.

I have a buddy who had three pits, the oldest of which died recently. All very friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"