Lily James and Sebastian Stan are PAM & TOMMY

'Pam and Tommy' Hairstylist on Lily James and Sebastian Stan - Variety

Lily James’ transformation into Pamela Anderson on Hulu’s “Pam and Tommy” took “anywhere from three to five hours of hair and makeup every morning before we even started filming,” revealed Barry Lee Moe, hair department head for the upcoming limited series.

The comedy show takes on the true story behind the first-ever viral video in history — the sex tape of Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee. Along with Sebastian Stan as Lee, the series also stars Seth Rogen, Nick Offerman, Taylor Schilling, Andrew Dice Clay and more. Rogen will play Rand Gauthier, the man who stole and sold the tape.

Moe revealed the series had completed filming on Friday. “We ended up using 25 wigs in the end. Everyone from Seth Rogen to Nick Offerman, Taylor Schilling all wore wigs because we transform them into new characters.”

“Sebastian is the only one who doesn’t wear a wig,” said Moe. For the part of the Motley Crue drummer, Stan grew his hair out. “We had a keratin treatment done, and we colored it every few weeks.”

“Pam and Tommy” was ordered to series in December 2020. Moe says the series should arrive in early 2022. “It’s hopefully coming out in February.”

Here's What Tommy Lee Really Thinks of the 'Pam & Tommy' Miniseries

Tommy Lee has no problem with Sebastian Stan playing him in the upcoming Hulu limited series Pam & Tommy. The 58-year-old Mötley Crüe drummer spoke with ET's Rachel Smith at the 2021 MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday, and admitted that he hasn't seen the photos of 39-year-old Stan portraying him alongside actress Lily James, who is playing Lee's ex-wife, Pamela Anderson, in the miniseries.

"I know Sebastian, he's playing me. From what he's told me, really beautiful story," Lee shared with ET. "I think a lot of people would think it's one thing, but it's really about privacy and how things got crazy then. There's different laws now."

Pam & Tommy is about Anderson and Lee's whirlwind romance, including their 1995 wedding on the beach in Mexico after knowing each other for only 96 hours and the private sex tape from their honeymoon that was made public and watched by millions without their consent.

Though he's looking forward to the upcoming miniseries, Lee, who divorced Anderson in 1998, admitted to ET that the situation in real-life was tough. "The story's actually cool, what actually happened wasn't," he said, adding that "people need to know" what occurred.

80c6ee08c6878bb7551a3210068741a36248a265.gifv

I love the last scene with that rudimentary webbrowser and the modem dial-up sound.

"What the hell is this?!" Yep, welcome to the internet era..

Edit: Stan's hilarious face expressions makes it even better.

Last edited:
So I somehow completely missed the trailer dropping and now that I've seen it I'm actually kind of sad that we have to wait all the way until next February to start watching this.

This looks great so far and Lily James's transformation into Pam Anderson is pretty much seamless IMO. She has everything down from the look as well as her mannerisms and the voice.

Im enjoying it. Wasn't expecting a giant (prosthetic) penis to stare right in my face so that was a surprise. Everyone is really selling the roles.

Oh, I didn't realize that this dropped already. For some reason I thought it wasn't premiering until the end of the month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"