• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lionel is finally explained...

tonytr1687

Sidekick
Joined
Sep 12, 2005
Messages
1,982
Reaction score
0
Points
31
And I'm still not sure of the details. I mean even with Lionel receiving and carrying out orders from Jor-El, why has he chosen to go along with them and be a better person? How did he go from the MB at the end of Season 4 to wanting to help Clark this season? But then why does he continue to urge Lex over to the dark side in some episodes, and then in others be self-righteous and try to make him feel guilty for his wrongdoings? And even when he supposedly had good intentions (like trying to take the company away from Lex to teach him a lesson about humanity), why did he act so MB-like in his behavior? Does the line "I have returned" ring a bell?
 
I guess he just doesn't know how to be a good person unless he's forced to be.
 
Wesyeed said:
I guess he just doesn't know how to be a good person unless he's forced to be.

But is he even being forced to be?
 
It works better with the plot this way.Thats why.
 
Maybe he realized he got a second lease on life from Clark and is repaying him the best way he knows how.
We've seen time and again that Lionel knows Clark is a special person, not once did he ever try to use what he knows to misdirect Clark like Lex has done a couple times.
 
Clark will probably slowly start to trust Lionel. Another thing to get Lex jealous of with Clark. Clark & Lionel will eventually have a better relationship then Lex & Lionel will ever have.
 
thebigtree95 said:
Maybe he realized he got a second lease on life from Clark and is repaying him the best way he knows how.
We've seen time and again that Lionel knows Clark is a special person, not once did he ever try to use what he knows to misdirect Clark like Lex has done a couple times.

How did Clark give him a second lease on life? Before he went catatonic in Commencement he was having an argument with Lex and hadnt interacted with Clark at all.
 
tonytr1687 said:
That episode is irrelevant since Lionel went back to being evil at the end of Season 4.

He meant that because of the transference his liver disease was cured.

I think that the information from the crystal, mixed with being used for a higher purpose than anything on Earth is slowly changing Lionel's view of things in life.
 
Im kinda disapointed with Lionel. He just doesnt seem like himself anymore. He reminds me so much of 'Good Lionel' in season 4. I wish he had some kind of hidden adjenda here, I hate seeing him as a tool of Jor-El.
 
I like the direction they seem to be taking Lionel, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this all factors in with Jor-El.
 
dpm07 said:
I like the direction they seem to be taking Lionel, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this all factors in with Jor-El.

Me too, they finally are using Lionel in an interesting way again.:up:
 
Brainiac 8 said:
He meant that because of the transference his liver disease was cured.

I think that the information from the crystal, mixed with being used for a higher purpose than anything on Earth is slowly changing Lionel's view of things in life.

There's that, but it could also just be the blending with Jor-el. Lionel being the host for Jor-el is making him a better person. We all know Jor-el wants to help Clark and humanity, even if he has a wicked way of doing it.

Me too, they finally are using Lionel in an interesting way again.

Me too. With Lionel now supporting Clark, Lex is going to be one p***** off son.
 
It gives me the impression Lionel is going through an inner battle between his "good side" and his "evil side."
 
avidreader said:
There's that, but it could also just be the blending with Jor-el. Lionel being the host for Jor-el is making him a better person. We all know Jor-el wants to help Clark and humanity, even if he has a wicked way of doing it.



Me too. With Lionel now supporting Clark, Lex is going to be one p***** off son.

Ohh I didnt think of that. It could be that Jor-El's possession had the same effect on Lionel that Clark's possession did in Transference. Meaning it made him a better person, the only difference is we all know Jor-El isnt as pure of heart as Clark, so therefore the change in Lionel's personality wasnt as dramatic as in Season 4. Or it could just be that with the newfound information, Lionel is trying to change his ways...but I doubt it. I mean come on, if the change was merely a result of what he knows he would be using the info for evil, not for good. So I think Jor-El changed him somehow.
 
Bad Superman said:
It gives me the impression Lionel is going through an inner battle between his "good side" and his "evil side."

Yeah except from what we knew in the first three seasons Lionel doesnt really have a good side.
 
tonytr1687 said:
Yeah except from what we knew in the first three seasons Lionel doesnt really have a good side.

He even said in "Oracle" that his heart isn't as pure and good as Clark's; But I still think that he is fighting toward the good side.

Wait till Lex sees his dad treat Clark better than he was ever treated.:(

Can we say BANG!:eek:
 
He's becoming good through mitosis. At least I think thats whats it called. Freshman year biology was long ago.:(
 
Man I dont know if I like this story line. They should have just brought the real Zod back. This whole thing with Lex being Zod is a bit stupid dont you think
 
The Hurricane said:
Man I dont know if I like this story line. They should have just brought the real Zod back. This whole thing with Lex being Zod is a bit stupid dont you think

No...you really expected them to show Zod? If they dont show Jor-El they're not gonna show Zod.
 
so you guys don't think that lionel has learnt something from this experience. In this weeks episode, he seemed to have a disgusting amount of respect for JKent. Coupled with that is the fact that Clark came very close to popping Lionel's head like a zit.

I think that this weeks episode really explained everything rather clearly. I think that Lionel now realizes that had Clark been his son, there'd be a lot of trouble on the horizon. I think that Lionel now understands why the Kents are the way they are, because without good role models, Clark would be an enemy of humanity, not an allie.

The previous 'saw' episode also touched on this a bit, when Lionel told martha that Clark needs him, right before he tries to take his own life. Lionel understands that Clark is humanities greatest weapon against any outside/kryptonian threat, but also humanities greatest threat aswell. Clark's upbringing is what shifts the balance. I think Lionel now understands this.

I don't think lionel is being influenced from beyond the grave, but rather that the knowledge he is privy to, is helping him to see the 'real' bigger picture.




On to somehting different. So was Doctor Swann the oracle of kryptonian knowledge prior Lionel? Is that how Swann knew the things he did? And is the result of the deal that Swann and Lionel made, what we are watching play out now?
 
Superfreak said:
so you guys don't think that lionel has learnt something from this experience. In this weeks episode, he seemed to have a disgusting amount of respect for JKent. Coupled with that is the fact that Clark came very close to popping Lionel's head like a zit.

I think that this weeks episode really explained everything rather clearly. I think that Lionel now realizes that had Clark been his son, there'd be a lot of trouble on the horizon. I think that Lionel now understands why the Kents are the way they are, because without good role models, Clark would be an enemy of humanity, not an allie.

The previous 'saw' episode also touched on this a bit, when Lionel told martha that Clark needs him, right before he tries to take his own life. Lionel understands that Clark is humanities greatest weapon against any outside/kryptonian threat, but also humanities greatest threat aswell. Clark's upbringing is what shifts the balance. I think Lionel now understands this.

I don't think lionel is being influenced from beyond the grave, but rather that the knowledge he is privy to, is helping him to see the 'real' bigger picture.




On to somehting different. So was Doctor Swann the oracle of kryptonian knowledge prior Lionel? Is that how Swann knew the things he did? And is the result of the deal that Swann and Lionel made, what we are watching play out now?

I dunno. I find it hard to believe that the Lionel we know would simply change on his own. Have all of you forgotten just how much of an unredeemable bastard he was in Season 3 and then even at the end of Season 4? Theres no way he would change or even try to change just b/c he's been told that Clark is humanity's savior. The Lionel we know wouldn't care. He would merely try to use Clark to his advantage like he tried to in previous seasons. Thats why I just cant buy some ppl's theories that he's changed on his own without any outside influences. I mean look at how slow Lex's transformation has been from good to evil, and even now there's still some good in him. Theres no realistic way to explain how Lionel all of a sudden "sees things more clearly" and goes from evil to good just like that, unless his mind was messed with when Jor-El possessed him.
 
tonytr1687 said:
I dunno. I find it hard to believe that the Lionel we know would simply change on his own. Have all of you forgotten just how much of an unredeemable bastard he was in Season 3 and then even at the end of Season 4? Theres no way he would change or even try to change just b/c he's been told that Clark is humanity's savior. The Lionel we know wouldn't care. He would merely try to use Clark to his advantage like he tried to in previous seasons. Thats why I just cant buy some ppl's theories that he's changed on his own without any outside influences. I mean look at how slow Lex's transformation has been from good to evil, and even now there's still some good in him. Theres no realistic way to explain how Lionel all of a sudden "sees things more clearly" and goes from evil to good just like that, unless his mind was messed with when Jor-El possessed him.

I still think that the events of Transference left Lionel a changed man in more ways than we can see on the outside. He was miraculously cured, indicating great physical change, so it isn't a huge leap to assume that there were after-effects on a mental level as well. That was just the start though. Having Jor-El download into Lionel his essence, or whatever it is that allows him to use Lionel as a conduit, also has to have extreme ramifications on Lionel.

I don't think you can minimize the effect that the body transference had on Lionel though.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"