Baby Theory and the Return of Lionel

cyrus02pso

When in Rome...
Reaction score
It was great to see lionel finally show his hand. Its like he has been playing everone this entire time. My thorey is that what he wants from lex is the baby which is a clone of both clark and lex (conner). In combat lex put something in the drink he gave lana which made her pass out. the doc removed the fetus where it is now growing at cadmus. also i wouldnt be surprised if lionel hasnt been working at trying to clone clark as well ...
that may be the bizzaro explination for the season final spoilers

My "theory" is there is no baby. There never was, and the
Bizarro
spoiler has nothing to do with Lana's pregnancy. Lex faked the whole kit and caboodle.

That's my theory today. Tune in tomorrow though because theories change on a dime around here LOL. I think I've flip flopped a good two or three times on this one. Jeeze, I could give Martha a run for her money. :p

Bizarro!!!?

wow... i did not see that one coming. i think it probably is the baby.

It was great to see lionel finally show his hand. Its like he has been playing everone this entire time. My thorey is that what he wants from lex is the baby which is a clone of both clark and lex (conner). In combat lex put something in the drink he gave lana which made her pass out. the doc removed the fetus where it is now growing at cadmus. also i wouldnt be surprised if lionel hasnt been working at trying to clone clark as well ...
that may be the bizzaro explination for the season final spoilers
lex has no reason to suspect clark has powers, so he wouldnt have used his dna for anything.

I think all the theories about Lana's baby being a freak etc, are just way too harmful to Lana. Lex wouldnt want to hurt her physically.

The no baby theory, whilst its going to hurt emotionally more than Lex could imagine, doesnt hurt physically and Lex in his own bizarro way does love Lana.

lex has no reason to suspect clark has powers, so he wouldnt have used his dna for anything.

right! but he does have the super blood from season 3 that he never found out was clarks... and given that he has come across several kryptonians as well as actually being zod, he may have discoverd a connection to the blood and kryptonian dna... thus wanting to empower his clone child.

I think all the theories about Lana's baby being a freak etc, are just way too harmful to Lana. Lex wouldnt want her physically.

The no baby theory, whilst its going to hurt emotionally more than Lex could imagine, doesnt hurt physically and Lex in his own bizarro way does love Lana.

true, however he is way more evil lex than he was in episode one

right! but he does have the super blood from season 3 that he never found out was clarks... and given that he has come across several kryptonians as well as actually being zod, he may have discoverd a connection to the blood and kryptonian dna... thus wanting to empower his clone child.

Good work :up:

My "theory" is there is no baby. There never was, and the
Bizarro
spoiler has nothing to do with Lana's pregnancy. Lex faked the whole kit and caboodle.

That's my theory today. Tune in tomorrow though because theories change on a dime around here LOL. I think I've flip flopped a good two or three times on this one. Jeeze, I could give Martha a run for her money. :p

This is my theory also.....Lex made Lana think she was pregnant, thus manipulating her into marrying him...which gave him his trophy to hold over Clark.

The only problem with that was that Lionel's doctors used the last of Clark's blood when trying to do the liver experiments...which is why Lionel almost shot himself in the head.

The vial of it Lex had, Clark stole back and Jonathan destroyed it. Clark shouldn't have anymore stray blood out there than that.

So that theory doesn't work.

The only problem with that was that Lionel's doctors used the last of Clark's blood when trying to do the liver experiments...which is why Lionel almost shot himself in the head.

The vial of it Lex had, Clark stole back and Jonathan destroyed it. Clark shouldn't have anymore stray blood out there than that.

So that theory doesn't work.

ill bet if lex didnt save some, lionel did

It's not so complicated. It's really quite simple and extremely evil...

As I understand it, Lex paid the doctor to trick Lana into believing she was pregnant. They merely shot her up with homones so she would actually "test" and feel pregnant.

Then he encouraged the illusion with a nursery and a tape of someone else's ultrasound, so she would bond with the "baby," while entrenching himself as daddy... all to bind her tighter... Lex obviously knew that Lana turned to him on the rebound and that wasn't likely going to hold her long term. He knew she still loved Clark.

Then post-wedding, when when the "baby" was not needed anymore (and especially after it interrupted his honeymoon plans), he eliminated it. He obviously slipped something into her sparkling cider that would cause abdominal pain. Another doctor was paid off to say she lost the bably. It was really quite simple.

Now poor Lana is devastated... and her emotional pain is deeper and continuing a little longer than Lex had anticipated. He doesn't know that it's been compounded by Lionel's blackmail and her loss of Clark too.

I think he feels a little bad about it all... but still he had this compulsion to do whatever it took to secure her. He is that obsessed and becoming that TWISTED.

I'm just so glad Lana is done professing love for Lex but she seemed so totally broken. Losing Clark and now the baby... her one consolation... I hope she finds her strength again soon and fights back.

As I understand it, Lex paid the doctor to trick Lana into believing she was pregnant. They merely shot her up with homones so she would actually "test" and feel pregnant.

Then he encouraged the illusion with a nursery and a tape of someone else's ultrasound, so she would bond with the "baby," while entrenching himself as daddy... all to bind her tighter... Lex obviously knew that Lana turned to him on the rebound and that wasn't likely going to hold her long term. He knew she still loved Clark.

Then post-wedding, when when the "baby" was not needed anymore (and especially after it interrupted his honeymoon plans), he eliminated it. He obviously slipped something into her sparkling cider that would cause abdominal pain. Another doctor was paid off to say she lost the bably. It was really quite simple.

Now poor Lana is devastated... and her emotional pain is deeper and continuing a little longer than Lex had anticipated. He doesn't know that it's been compounded by Lionel's blackmail and her loss of Clark too.

I think he feels a little bad about it all... but still he had this compulsion to do whatever it took to secure her. He is that obsessed and becoming that TWISTED.

I'm just so glad Lana is done professing love for Lex but she seemed so totally broken. Losing Clark and now the baby... her one consolation... I hope she finds her strength again soon and fights back.

Wow! That's as brilliant summation as you'll ever see.

Well written Captivated.

the only issue i have with this explanation is: why was lex crying in the last scene?

the only issue i have with this explanation is: why was lex crying in the last scene?

He's feeling some regret for what he has done to her.

He could also be thinking that he hoped what he did would bring them closer, but it appears that Lana is slipping further away.

He could also feel that he's losing his last link to humanity and Lana will see him for the person that he is.

He could be faking it for the audience. :cwink:

He could also be thinking that he hoped what he did would bring them closer, but it appears that Lana is slipping further away.

He could also feel that he's losing his last link to humanity and Lana will see him for the person that he is.

gotta love it when actors break the fourth wall.

I still like the idea of there actually being a baby, that was genetically engineered with the dna of ALL of the 33.1ers, but for reasons we are not ye taware of, Lex was forced to abort it.

and all the Lana stuff was just bonus.

If any of that is true, Lex is one sick mofo. I don't think there was a baby either, and I think he put something in her drink to simulate an abortion, or to just make her sick enough to pass out so she wouldn't know what happened--he looked at his watch before going to check on her, obviously waiting for whatever he gave her to take effect. He's been drugging her clearly as we saw in Trespass, its really too vile to contemplate, I'd have preferred Lex a more "Lionel-like" evil not this twisted sick desperate sad excuse for a human that he is, no wonder he'll be worse than Lionel when he fully realizes his iconic self.

I still like the idea of there actually being a baby, that was genetically engineered with the dna of ALL of the 33.1ers, but for reasons we are not ye taware of, Lex was forced to abort it.

Dont you think that this is just a little too abusive, he does seem to love her? I know the "no baby" is emotionally abusive, but this is Lex Luthor believing that his power and control surpasses all human emotion, and there was always the chance that it would bring him and Lana closer together.

MellyM said:
If any of that is true, Lex is one sick mofo.

I think that was the point of it all, to show that he would use his power and resort to anything and use other people just to get what he wants.

He's been drugging her clearly as we saw in Trespass, its really too vile to contemplate,

What happened in Trespass that made us see that he's been drugging her? I cant remember.

I'd have preferred Lex a more "Lionel-like" evil not this twisted sick desperate sad excuse for a human that he is, no wonder he'll be worse than Lionel when he fully realizes his iconic self.

Lionel's just a bastard, a magnificent one at that, but Lex is a sociopath as well as a bastard who has a jealous streak that runs deep with Clark Kent.

I'm looking forward to Nemesis to see just how far the two guys let their emotions and feelings go. I hope it doesnt disappoint.

i hope lex kills lionel in phantom

I'm looking forward to Nemesis to see just how far the two guys let their emotions and feelings go. I hope it doesnt disappoint.

I dread that episode. If Clark gets the blame, on the show, for Lex turning evil, I'm done with SV. :mad:

In reviewing events between Lex and Lana I noticed that she discovered she was "pregnant" in Rage, the episode AFTER Fallout. If you all remember it's in Fallout that they quarrel over Lana sneaking out and lying and Lex's obsession over "the black box."

So... it's shortly after their relationship seems to take a negative turn that Lana finds out that she's pregnant... Hmmm... Yeah, I'd say Lex's toehold on decency is slip-sliding away.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time a desparate (read sick) lover has HURT the object of their affection in the name of love.

I dread that episode. If Clark gets the blame, on the show, for Lex turning evil, I'm done with SV. :mad:

If we look at it in terms of what the creators are thinking, I believe we already got our confirmation in Lexmas, that Clark isnt responsible for who Lex has become.

In Lexmas Clark and Lex were really good friends all because Lex had become a changed man. He was loving, loyal and a good person with strong moral ethics, as supported by his Humanitarian Award. He also didnt know Clark's secret.

What puts Clark and Lex add odds with each other now is, because real Lex isnt any of these things.

I think in Nemesis we can expect to see Clark feel that he didnt try hard enough to stop Lex from taking the dark path he has. He may feel that he gave up on him too easily, which basically boils down to the hero believing that its his responsibility to take care of those that cant take care of themselves.

I think in Nemesis we can expect to see Clark feel that he didnt try hard enough to stop Lex from taking the dark path he has. He may feel that he gave up on him too easily, which basically boils down to the hero believing that its his responsibility to take care of those that cant take care of themselves.

That's what I dread. I’m fed up with Clark's guilt trips over everything and it's quite obvious that Lex can take care of himself perfectly. I can understand that Clark always wants to do the right thing and expects too much of himself, but I hope the writers don't endorse those thoughts or make Lex the "innocent" victim again. I hate the ambiguity they display when writing Lex and their tendency to victimize him, while piling up guilt over Clark. How much guilt has Clark got to endure on this show?

This Clark/Lex confrontation is an important one and will have to define and highlight the real differences between these two characters. I worry about it because I don't know if it will be properly handled. Unfortunately I do not trust the SV creative team when it comes to approaching the really important issues on this show, not anymore. :(

In Lex's mind everyone's to blame for his problem's except for himself.

That's what I dread. I’m fed up with Clark's guilt trips over everything and it's quite obvious that Lex can take care of himself perfectly. I can understand that Clark always wants to do the right thing and expects too much of himself, but I hope the writers don't endorse those thoughts or make Lex the "innocent" victim again. I hate the ambiguity they display when writing Lex and their tendency to victimize him, while piling up guilt over Clark. How much guilt has Clark got to endure on this show?

I think there's a BIG difference between Clark feeling that he needs to do more to help someone and the writers showing us that Lex became the BAD guy because Clark didnt tell him his secret.

Migu-EL said:
In Lex's mind everyone's to blame for his problem's except for himself.

Exactly. The writers, particularly this season, have gone out of their way to show us this. Ollie mentioned it in Reunion, Lionel has always said this and what Lex is doing to Lana now is another form of Lex not taking responsibility for himself.

Whiteflag said:
This Clark/Lex confrontation is an important one and will have to define and highlight the real differences between these two characters. I worry about it because I don't know if it will be properly handled.

I get this feeling that we'll see Lex regretting the path that he has taken in Nemesis, while he and Clark are in the cave.

Then somehow Lex will get out, and no one but Lionel and possibly Lana will know that Clark was also in there, and Lex will leave him there to die, highlighting that he really has become a twisted and pitiful person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"