What if ? Lex Luthor II

smsvmos

Sidekick
Reaction score
Seeing as Michael Rosenbaum doesnt want to return to the show at this stage, why dont the writers give us lex back in the guise of Lex Luthor II. I personally wouldnt mind his apperence like this and he could easily be rewritten in as a brother of lex rather than his son. (even though he is a clone) Im sure with the creative genius of the writers this season they could find a way to make this work.

luthor_foto.jpg

In the comics LL faked his own death and had a clone made of himself and put his brain inside it and passed it of as his own son. The clone looked completly different from LL1 and had a full head of red hair.

Lex Luthor II is in fact Lex Luthor in a new cloned body. His real body was dying from Kryptonite poisoning due to the K-Ring he wore all the time. He faked his death and had C.A.D.M.U.S. grow him a new body. Using his lawyers he re-established himself in the world as his long lost son, humanitarian and Heir to LexCorp. While in this guise he befriended Supergirl. Now this Supergirl is in fact Matrix. Matrix was created in a paralell universe by that world Lex Luthor to combat Zod, Faora and Jax-Ur. Lex Luthor modeled his creation to his true love Lana Lang and his best friend Clark Kent. Superboy died years earlier and Lana at the hands of Zod. This "Supergirl", who had powers that mimicked Supermans (albeit weaker), plus invisibility and shape shifting, fled her destroyed world and came to Supermans Earth. Where she fell in love with the "good" Lex Luthor II due to his likeness of her own love and creator.

It is also said that Lex Luthor II was the template to model Lionel Luthor.

ll.jpg

So i believe that if Smallville is headed for season 9 this could be a good way to bring Lex back for that final season.

Last edited:
I would be ok with that actually...it would work well within the confines of the continuity this show has built up.

Lex II was merely a younger clone of Lex I, with Lex I's old brain in it... if I remember correctly that is. So wouldn't Lex II be MR, with hair and a beard (that might actually attract him back for a final season)

well we dont even know if lex is truely dead or not in smallville's world. They could always say the lex in the truck was actually a clone and the real lex was in a safer location and all that. And i do hope if their is a 9th season michael would return for an episode or two. He did state in some of those recent interviews he had he would return only for the series finally and if he can wear a bald cap and all that.

well we dont even know if lex is truely dead or not in smallville's world. They could always say the lex in the truck was actually a clone and the real lex was in a safer location and all that. And i do hope if their is a 9th season michael would return for an episode or two. He did state in some of those recent interviews he had he would return only for the series finally and if he can wear a bald cap and all that.

just that, he could return as Lex II, with hair and beard, and degenerate over the course of the season.

really the only problem is that Lex wasn't really quite old enough to have a son, that would be almost fully grown up by now... there's only so far suspension of disbelief can carry you.

That's why the idea was that Lex Luthor II in this continuity would say that he is the original Lex's brother or something long those lines.

That's why the idea was that Lex Luthor II in this continuity would say that he is the original Lex's brother or something long those lines.

yeah, but sv has already played that game, like 5 times over.

yeah, but sv has already played that game, like 5 times over.

I agree, but there are ways they could do it without resorting to it being his son like in the comics.

Distant cousin perhaps, twice removed. :oldrazz:

Yea easyiest story they can go is say lex that died was just a plain ordinary clone and the real lex returns at some point next season like series finale since that is the only way michael wants to return.

Well if they wanted to play the brother card I would say go with the brother being Lex's long lost twin. But having Lex come back with hair as Lex II that might be interresting.

well as others said they have already done the brother route with julian and lucas(who has never been seen or heard from again)

I am probably in the minority on this but I thought they had a real easy out to bring Lex back this season. Have them fish Lex out of the ice, but he is somewhat decapitated and needs reconstructive surgery. Just give him amnesia of what happened the previous couple hours before the FOS blew up, that way it explains why he looks different(I would get a slightly more portly person) and forgot seeing Clark.

I guess they can still do this senerio after the van exploded but they could have had him back this season.

Yea easyiest story they can go is say lex that died was just a plain ordinary clone and the real lex returns at some point next season like series finale since that is the only way michael wants to return.

aren't you going about teh Lex II plotline backwards then?

shouldn't it be that the Lex that got blown up was the real lex... and that his new body is a cloned one.

Well if they wanted to play the brother card I would say go with the brother being Lex's long lost twin. But having Lex come back with hair as Lex II that might be interresting.

that's a better solution... but like I said, the long lost brother thing has been done 100 times on smallville already.

however, they could trump up some plot where the 'Brain Interactive Construct' transfers Lex's intellect into a new cloned body, given that his last body was destroyed beyond repair, and then blown up. This would actually make sense in the context of the show... and you could also end up with an SV form of Lexiac... something about how Lex's mind is contained by brainiac, within the new cloned body: like Chloe was infected, kind of.

Thats what I was thinking. Lex Luthor could make it seem as if Lex Luthor II is actually his Twin Brother but that would mean that they have to bring back MR .

I think your idea works fine SMSVMOS, but I think M.Rosenbaum should really come back. Maybe not much, but for a little more than the ultimate episode. Something like the last 4 or 3. I can't imagine the end without him ; It began with him, it has to end with him.

well michael has made it clear he only wants to return for series finale. So i hope the producers lock in a deal with him prior to season 9 starting so he will be offficially signed for an episode/2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"