Fallout: New Vegas (PC, PS3, 360)

Complaining that one bullet doesn't kill every time seems like a really dumb complaint for a video game to me. Especially one where part of of the joy is finding cooler and more powerful weapons progressively. If you could kill everything in one hit 5 minutes into the game, what's the point?

I don't quite think the game should've had one-hit kills or anything, but some of the enemies had armor that was a bit too crazy. I know I keep saying it but Radscorpions come to mind first and foremost. The different ammo system (Armor Piercing, etc.) they tried to implement was cool but it also made some of the enemies tougher than they probably should've been.

It would be pretty lame, though, if the bullet damage was completely realistic. I mean, none of the enemies would be very challenging at all if all you had to do was shoot them once in the head. I just think the armor system needed a few tweaks.

Oh I don't think EVERYTHING should be a one hit kill... but I often believe if I get the jump on someone and shoot them in the face (I don't mean Super Mutant or any other form of freak in FO... but a human) then maybe, just maybe that should be a 1HK.

Complaining that one bullet doesn't kill every time seems like a really dumb complaint for a video game to me. Especially one where part of of the joy is finding cooler and more powerful weapons progressively. If you could kill everything in one hit 5 minutes into the game, what's the point?

Oh I don't know, story, exploration? There's more to it than just shooting stuff.

I'm not asking the game to act like a simulation, I mean after all there are giant scorpions and fire ants running around but having a high powered rifle only to watch it barely daze a human opponent is just offputting. What's the point of picking up a 44. caliber rifle if it's going to act like a damn bb gun?

Oh I don't know, story, exploration? There's more to it than just shooting stuff.

I'm not asking the game to act like a simulation, I mean after all there are giant scorpions and fire ants running around but having a high powered rifle only to watch it barely daze a human opponent is just offputting. What's the point of picking up a 44. caliber rifle if it's going to act like a damn bb gun?
You level up your character, you get better bullets, and better guns. It's an rpg. You have plenty of FPS games you can play that are like that. I hope they never incorporate your suggestions into the Fallout series.

You level up your character, you get better bullets, and better guns. It's an rpg. You have plenty of FPS games you can play that are like that. I hope they never incorporate your suggestions into the Fallout series.

Well that sucks for you then, because they already have. Fallout 3 does exactly what i wanted. Fallout New Vegas, not so much. Thats just another area where they dropped the ball.

Well that sucks for you then, because they already have. Fallout 3 does exactly what i wanted. Fallout New Vegas, not so much. Thats just another area where they dropped the ball.

I don't see any difference between the two regarding how fighting with weapons works other than the level scaling for some of the tougher beasts (which is an area where FONV one-upped FO3). I love the weapons systems in both games. So.... no, it doesn't suck for me.

The difference is quite noticeable. FO3 doesn't have the advanced armor system so the bullet damage is quite different. Instead, FO3 kinda seems to be more about accuracy rather than bullet damage. You can aim for the head, but if you're a low level you're likely to miss. However, if the bullet still manages to hit a human face, chances are their head will explode.

I think the NV damage system would be great with some tweaks. A balance between the two would be ideal.

Haven't played any fallout games but I love fps games and target has this game for 20 bucks...is it worth the purchase or the Fallout 3 GOTY a better game?

Depends on the kind of gamer you are I think.

New Vegas has more choice in how you approach and deal with your quests, not to mention more substantial dialogue sequences and the story's more complex/ambiguous than its predecessor. Its a bit more true to the Fallout setting imo.

If you're strictly looking to shoot people in an open world setting, you'll probably like F3 more, though I wouldn't really consider either one a great shooter.

Though I still like NV, I vastly prefer FO3. I have to disagree with Spideyfan...I thought the story in FO3 was far superior to NV's flat story arc. I also personally prefer the atmosphere of FO3 to NV.

At $20, FO3 GOTY is an absolutely amazing deal.

The thing is Fallout 3 has pretty much a straight out good guys vs bad guys set up, whereas New Vegas presents you with some people who look like bad guys and some people who look like good guys and then muddies the water up by adding wrinkles to each faction and making some others attractive for different reasons.

New Vegas' narrative is less "epic" in form than FO3 but its also more complex in what its trying to do.

It might try to be complex, but in my eyes that doesn't make it more engaging. It ends up having the opposite effect, and most of the things that are happening don't really have any dramatic weight as a result. I found I cared more about the random ass side quests or character quests than I did the main storyline.

In FO3, I cared about almost every single minor quest as well as the main story. The story elements were just so much more interesting and engaging to me. There were some black-and-white style moral choices, sure, but not so many that it was bland. There were some really fantastic moral choices in there, too.

I just got done finishing up Dead Money.

Totally was able to walk out of there with all 37 pieces of Gold.

But now, I'm at a point where I did everything I could in terms of side quests, now I'm trying to do each ending. Just got done with the House one.

I do have to agree, I'm not as emotionally invested as I was with Fallout 3's storyline.

I found fallout 3 pretty boring and about an un-emotional as a game can get, like with most of Bethesda's games. The only time I had a "woh" moment in any of the games is when I came across people crucified in Vegas.

http://community.falloutwiki.com/news/9-je-sawyer-releases-his-fallout-new-vegas-mod/

J.E. Sawyer, the Fallout: New Vegas lead designer, has released a bug fixing and difficulty tweaking mod for the game titled simply "JSawyer". It is a personal mod intended for those willing to experience a harder, more challenging Fallout: New Vegas. It also includes several technical fixes and tweaks (particularly to the Karma system), that were not included in previous patches.

Here's some of his answers to questions about the mod from his Formspring:

Why can't you just add your changes to the game in an official patch?

The short technical reason is ".esm inter-dependencies" and "load order errors". Sorry.

In addition to technical reasons, some of the mechanics changes make the game significantly more difficult (base health / stim changes) or at least more of a hassle (carry weight, stims having weight, H2O/SLP/FOD rate increase). I'd rather have people opt-in to those changes than make them the default in a patch.

Finally, the game's over. The ship has sailed. No one is working on it anymore. No testers, nothing. This mod is just me working in my free time. If I horribly botch something, you can just un-check the mod and go on your way.

Do you plan to reintroduce the armored vault 21 jumpsuit in your mod? If so, would it be by crafting or found?

Yes. It is for sale in Sarah's store at Vault 21. Both it and the Armored Vault 13 Jumpsuit now use the RepairVaultSuit list and have 200 CND. The Armored Vault 21 Jumpsuit grants 12 DT, +1 LK, and costs 2000 caps.

Will your mod add any removed/unfinished quests?

No.

You can find the full list of changes in the mod in the wiki, while the mod itself can be downloaded here.

News
Fallout Wiki Founder Banned From Wikia

5:00PM Today

Anyone who’s anyone in the Fallout community knows Pawel “Ausir” Dembowski. Founder of The Vault wiki which contains over 15,000 pages of Fallout lore, Pawel is a human encyclopaedic of gaming’s favourite post-apocalyptic franchise. Let me put it this way. When Chris Avellone has a question about Fallout, he asks Pawel. More »

Fallout: New Vegas

Ultimate Edition Trailer - Revisit Sin City with all four expansions included in the upcoming Ultimate Edition of Fallout: New Vegas.

plat_pc_default.gif
plat_ps3_default.gif
plat_xb360_default.gif

new.gif

source :GT

Enjoy and discussions in session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"