Live Free or Die Hard -Die Hard 4 (Merged)

TrailerCues

Sidekick
Reaction score
20th Century Fox will release the next installment in the "Die Hard" action franchise next summer over the coveted July 4 holiday weekend, reports Variety.

Live Free or Die Hard will return Bruce Willis to the big screen as rough-and-tumble New York cop John McClane. The film, set to begin shooting next month, will be released on June 29, 2007.

The movie will face Disney/Pixar's Ratatouille, which is scheduled for the same date, while Paramount's Transformers opens five days later on July 4.

Fox, in revealing the title and confirming Willis' deal, said the release date is particularly appropriate since the storyline is set around July 4.

Len Wiseman, who helmed the "Underworld" franchise, will direct from a screenplay by Mark Bomback.

In the film, an attack on the country's computer infrastructure begins to cripple the nation. But the man behind the attack never expected an old-fashioned cop to mess up his plans.

Fox released the third title in the franchise, Die Hard: With a Vengeance, in 1995.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=15824

Stupid title. Probably won't be any good. Heck, I'm willing to bet that the fourth Indy will be leaps and bounds better than the return of McClane.

Well, no matter what the title...it'll be good. It's Bruce Willis!

And ANTHONYNASTI is right about Indy's return being big...probably bigger than DH4.

I've added a bit more to the news item at CS, so be sure to view the link. Sounds great to me!

Iron Man said:
Well, no matter what the title...it'll be good. It's Bruce Willis!

And ANTHONYNASTI is right about Indy's return being big...probably bigger than DH4.

I'm willing to bet that IJ4I will own DH4 in terms of box office receipts as well as overall quality. With the Indy trilogy series, you got three masterpieces that are probably the pinnacle of the action movie genre. With Die Hard, you got one masterpiece, a flacid second entry and a highly entertaining if not as good as the first third entry. Indy has an overall better track record.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
I'm willing to bet that IJ4I will own DH4 in terms of box office receipts as well as overall quality. With the Indy trilogy series, you got three masterpieces that are probably the pinnacle of the action movie genre. With Die Hard, you got one masterpiece, a flacid second entry and a highly entertaining if not as good as the first third entry. Indy has an overall better track record.

z0mg thank you for your lovely, however pedestrian commentary. Let me elaborate on the pedestrian part some more, your first post consisted of condescention which you did not even back up with a decent opinion instead you tossed out a movie which most pople have said is going to be bad, probably including yourself, but now that it's use to bash another movie people are all for it. As for Die Hard 1 and 3, they both rock the house hard, so I have faith in a fourth. It's got a decent director at the helm, whose main problem was he's a ****ty screen-writer but hell he's not writing it so the problem is solved, and it's got Justin Long who I like, and the title isn't half-bad, is it any better than Die Hard with a Vengeance, or Die Harder.

Though had you made the lovely insight of seeing that it's coming out 5 days before Transformers and there's the possibilityi t's going bomb or be swallowed by that, I might be incline to agree. Or had you pull out box-office numbers or something indicating the Bruce Willis isn't hte BO draw he once was with movies such as 16 BLocks and Lucky Number Slevin doing decent numbers, then again I'd be incline to agree because then your opinion wouldn't be pedestrian.

All I can say is...SWEET!

It's official finally.

I prefer this title over that stupid "4.0" bullcrap we were facing not too long ago.

One of my favorite action heroes of all time returns.

Movies205 said:
z0mg thank you for your lovely, however pedestrian commentary. Let me elaborate on the pedestrian part some more, your first post consisted of condescention which you did not even back up with a decent opinion instead you tossed out a movie which most pople have said is going to be bad, probably including yourself, but now that it's use to bash another movie people are all for it. As for Die Hard 1 and 3, they both rock the house hard, so I have faith in a fourth. It's got a decent director at the helm, whose main problem was he's a ****ty screen-writer but hell he's not writing it so the problem is solved, and it's got Justin Long who I like, and the title isn't half-bad, is it any better than Die Hard with a Vengeance, or Die Harder.

Though had you made the lovely insight of seeing that it's coming out 5 days before Transformers and there's the possibilityi t's going bomb or be swallowed by that, I might be incline to agree. Or had you pull out box-office numbers or something indicating the Bruce Willis isn't hte BO draw he once was with movies such as 16 BLocks and Lucky Number Slevin doing decent numbers, then again I'd be incline to agree because then your opinion wouldn't be pedestrian.

I don't know man, John McClane has a lot of clout. I think the Transformers camp should be worried.

Superhero Hype! said:
I don't know man, John McClane has a lot of cloud. I think the Transformers camp should be worried.

Maybe... It really depends on the advertising campaign, in my limited capacity as someone who glances over the BO reports from weekend to weekend, it really has always for the most part broken down to the trailer. You got a decent enough trailer, it looks good, you got good word of mouth, you get strong enough opening weekend, and then the WOM carries for the rest of the BO run, or your the sequal to a movie that's very popular and hot in people's minds, Pirates of the Carribean 2, as long as it looks good and is half-way decent it'll carry through all right as seen. But we're dealing with a franchise that has been dead for 11 years and a man who's BO stamina has worn down, am I not saying Die Hard 4 couldn't kick ass at the BO, it damn well could and has a good chance. But a movie like this, it's not going matter what reviewer say or how much TV time it gets, it's going boil down to the trailer and whether it looks like we're going get some John McClane getting his Ass Kicked action.

EDIT: To elaborate more on TF, I think TF has it a lot easier, one it doesn't have the stigma of being an older franchise thus not having to deal with being a joke, I mean all TF has to do to be successful is remember, people are paying to see Robots fight and the classic Good Vs. Evil, as long as you throw that in and make sure it appeals to both kids and adults it's money in the bank, I mean who doesn't want to see huge robots fight in an epic battle?

On one hand I'm completely psyched.
John McClane has been my hero since I was little.

On the other I'm already concerned. The title is "meh" Underworld was "meh"

I think Die Hardest is better

I agree with Carter on the title and Wiseman directing.

Anyhow, I'll be seeing it, rest assured.

Carter said:
I think Die Hardest is better

Agreed.

On a side note, anyone else think McTiernan should of returned?

McTiernan would have been ideal, sure.
Last time he let someone else have a crack at Die Hard, the result was underwhelming.

I'm the first one to admit that this could be a disaster and I love the Die Hard movies.

Jspider13 said:
On a side note, anyone else think McTiernan should of returned?

Definitely, I really wanted him to return if a fourth film was going to be made. McTiernan did a spectacular job with Die Hard and Die Hard With A Vengeance, which are just simply amazing movies.

I'm a huge Die Hard fan and even I'm a little worried about how this film will be handled now to be honest. And I'm not so sure about the title either.

I wonder if this will have a chance in the crowded summer of 2007 with so many popular franchises returning. And people seems to be more into fantasy/adventure-stuff these days than this kind of traditional action-movies. I can't remember when we had a reallly huge success in this genre last time.

Movies205 said:

Pedestrians have the right of way, Movies:confused::up:

Am I the only one that thinks this is right up Len Wiseman's alley? I think it's about time he graduated to the big time, and I think this is just the project for him. He just might surprised people who may think the Die Hard franchise is old news.

Wow, Rocky's comin' back, Rambo's comin' back, John McClane's comin' back! It's all so 80s!!

Title is a bit of a clunker but it will grow on me im sure,the concept sounds exciting and i like Wiseman(Mctirenann hasn't done anything good since DHWAV IMO)

As for BO chances,it should be R-rated so im sure it's domestic target will be less ambitous than TF

Looking forward to it, McClane is a great character..........

Movies205 said:
Ha, well played, Trebeck!

That's funny, because Trebek and me have something major in common.

hunter rider said:
Title is a bit of a clunker but it will grow on me im sure,the concept sounds exciting and i like Wiseman(Mctirenann hasn't done anything good since DHWAV IMO)

As for BO chances,it should be R-rated so im sure it's domestic target will be less ambitous than TF
:mad:...The Thomas Crown Affair

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"