LOL "I'm Batman"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varient

Guru for Geeks
Reaction score
I've been seeing them all over the web.

With this one,... I decided to start collecting them.

attachment.php

Attachments

• I'mBatman.JPG
    I'mBatman.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 1,698
:word:
attachment.php

Attachments

• IGDBM.JPG
    IGDBM.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,544
attachment.php

I'm Batman

A new form of air-based combat support is about to hit the ground running, so to speak. The Gryphon Attack Glider, at only 30 pounds, can carry up to 100 pounds of munitions, and can zoom out of the sky into battle fields at a blistering 135 MPH. That's pretty fast considering YOU are the fuselage. Its helmet has a heads-up display and provides on-board oxygen for jumps as high as 35,000 feet.

Currently, planes and pilots are put at risk because soldiers need to jump close to combat areas. Typical high altitude, high-opening, or HAHO, jumps from around 27,000 feet allow soldiers to travel only about 30 miles after exiting the aircraft.

The Gryphon could increase that range fourfold, creating an attack corridor of nearly 125 miles. Unaffected by headwinds or crosswinds because of its favorable lift-to-drag ratio, the glider would allow elite units to reach targets with increased speed, precision and stealth.

Who knows, there might be a commercial application some time in the near future.

:bh:

Attachments

• GryphonAG.JPG
    GryphonAG.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 1,465
That's more like Ace McCloud from the Centurions than Batman.

Whoa, Shortpacked is pretty great. Thanks for posting it, I've never heard of it before. :up:

Yeah, the artist could tighten the screws a little, but you gotta love any webcomic that frequently features bits with superheroes, He-Man, and the Transformers. :up:

I'm browsing through it right now, and it's pretty awesome. But, c'mon man, it's a free webcomic. Give the artist a break.

It's not bad, just a little sloppy in places. The only reason I mentioned it is because there are other free webcomics with rock-solid art, and everything is inevitably judged against its peers. Still, it's an enjoyable strip and I've gotta give them credit for at least doing something more than stick figures, which I've seen in entirely too many webcomics at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"