Need some help with TPBs

They're two other good tpbs you should look at

Sorry, my "what?" was directed at John Constantine. :)

Is DC going to release vol.3 of Gotham Central anytime soon?

Prancetron2000 said:
Identity Crisis? Thanks, when does that take place?

I think it takes place just after War Games. About one week later.

Prancetron2000 said:
Sorry, my "what?" was directed at John Constantine. :)

Is DC going to release vol.3 of Gotham Central anytime soon?
I think they just released vol. 2. It's unfortunate because Gotham Central is by far the best Batman-related title around. I'd recommend it before all else, unless you really, really want pure Batman superheroics.

Well, I would like to warn you, Batman is in Idenity Crisis, but its' not really about him. But something big is reavealed that happened with Batman and the League. The trade isn't out yet, but it should be coming pretty soon. Before the new Crisis.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I think they just released vol. 2. It's unfortunate because Gotham Central is by far the best Batman-related title around. I'd recommend it before all else, unless you really, really want pure Batman superheroics.

Yeah I have the first few issues and love it, but that's when I had to stop collecting monthly comics.

This look right?

Hush
Death and the Maidens
Superman/Batman:public Enemies
Broken City
As The Crow Flies
War Games
Infinity Crisis

Yeah, looks okay to me. And it's Identity Crisis. Wouldn't want you accidently looking for the wrong thing.

Ah, ok. That TPB isn't out until September though, it seems. But that's okay, I have a lot to catch up on. :)

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Prancetron2000 said:
This look right?

Hush
Death and the Maidens
Broken City
As The Crow Flies
War Games
Infinity Crisis

hey, I recommended Gotham Central and Arkham Asylum: Living Hell :(

Oh I'll definitely get those, but that list was for the TPBs in contuinity starting with Hush. :D

Gotham Central fits in there somewhere, I know.

Hush
Gotham Central (the arc with the Sniper, it takes place alongside Broken City… you can see a discarded newspaper with the Gotham Sniper headline in Broken City. Not sure if the trade’s out yet)
Broken City
Death and the Maidens
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
As The Crow Flies
War Games (and I agree with the rest, as a whole it’s not worth the money. It’s too long… interesting, sure, but worth the money you’d spend on it? No chance)
Identity Crisis (which has had infinite reprints, so finding the individual issues may not be hard at all)

Identity Crisis is a mystery that involves the entire DCU and Batman plays a fairly large role. He doesn’t have a lot of page-time, but the character is very important, especially near the end (and not for obvious reasons). The events of Identity Crisis affect Batman in a big way… it has repercussions that carry on to the OMAC Project mini that’s going on now, which leads to the Infinite Crisis (which is DC’s huge mega-event that will cross over to every single book and will have a large impact on those books) at the end of the year.

"Soft Targets" was the Gotham Central arc. It was the Joker sniping people.

I think that was the best arc I've read in Gotham Central.

identity crisis comes out in hardcover this september.

i personally can't wait. :)

Sorry for bumping this thread but I thought it might be better than creating a new one. :D

More than a year after I made this thread, the only book I picked up was Death and the Maidens. I got a bit sidetracked, you see. But I'm about to make a big TPB order and in addition to all of the Gotham Central trades I wanted to catch up on Batman stuff. And Superman stuff, if there are any notable collections from the last year.

So if you guys would be so kind once again, could you help me complete this list?

Broken City
As The Crow Flies
War Games
Identity Crisis

If you think I should skip any of these books and just get caught up to speed via wikipedia I'll do that.

Prancetron2000 said:
Broken City
As The Crow Flies
War Drums
War Games
Identity Crisis
The OMAC Project
Under the Hood Vol. 1
War Crimes
Infinite Crisis
Under the Hood Vol. 2

The OMAC Project and Under the Hood Vol. 1 occur around the same timeframe.

Under the Hood Vol. 2 occurs during the Infinite Crisis

Gracias!

So do you think any of these are worth skipping and better off just read in summary form?

The War Games (including War Drums and War Crimes) series is worth skipping. And if you are fine with the resurection of Jason Todd, Under the Hood is awesome.

Thanks.

I looked at wikipedia and their summary of War Games is extremely brief. Know where I could find a more extensive one, that includes the two other "Wars"?

This is going to sound silly, but has IC and all titles its touched been collected into a trade yet?

It's been a while since I've been in here.

I agree with skipping War Drums, Games, and Crimes

again, I MUST recommend Arkham Asylum: Living Hell

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"