Looking forward to reboot. Who else?

beastmode

Civilian
Reaction score
I am extremely excited for a reboot. I can't stand Nolan and his push for a realistic Batman universe. His Batman isn't even all that realistic. Such as Batmans cape with those nifty capabilities. He applies realism on certain areas and applies unrealistic ideas on certain areas he sees fit. I don't like that.

I wouldnt mind if Burton gets rehired by WB. Many of Batmans villains are freaks and I love Burton's visions when it comes to freaks. If he was able to create what he did in late 80s and early 90s with the Batman universe, I have no doubt he will surpass his previous work, if given the chance.

By the way, if one is so obsessed with creating a realistic movie, said individual should not be making a Batman movie. batman is not meant to live in an uber realistic world. Mny aspects about his world is not possible in real life. If realism is what a director is seeking for, he should direct a military war movie, not Batman.

I became a Nolan fan with BB. How I loved that movie so much, even better than Burton's batman. However I became disappointed and bored at the theater with TDK. I did dig his Joker however. TDKR is looking more underwhelming each and every day for me. Did not feel this way about BB and TDK when I was anticipating those movies.

Oh I will not put on a flame shield. I know that Nolanites lurke these forums so I'm prepped up for flaming.

Who else is excited for the reboot?

I like this universe a lot more. It brings more connection to reality on a non-super hero level. The Batman character is interesting because unlike many DC characters, he's not invincible.

89' Batman is a favorite of mine. Nolan interpretation brought out a lot for Batman to me in terms of how viewers could relate a lot to the character in general.

I still don't get this notion that Nolan's world is uber realistic. Is it less stylized, and more like the real world? Yes. But it's a story about a mulit-billionaire who dresses up as a bat, and fights a psychotic terrorist clown, and a clan of ninja assassins.

He just makes it look more believable than others.

After the second movie, this movie is bound to be at least somewhat anti-climatic, since they already used the Joker, Batman's arch-foe.

To each his own.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a different approach to bringing Batman closer to the comics universe with croc, Freeze, Ivy and whoever.

Give me Arkham City in live action. :)

This thread makes the erroneous assumption that the realism will end when the reboot begins.

Keep in mind Nolan is the producer of the reboot. The approach may remain.

Sorry for not keeping up with Batman-news, but will there be a new Batman-movie after The Dark Knight Rises...?

Don't really care for Chris Nolan's take on the Batman universe at all, so i am looking forward to a reeboot.

I'm excited for a reboot but it has nothing to do with Nolan. His trilogy is coming to an end so a new franchise brings new possibilities. I just hope it's good.

I became a Nolan fan with BB. How I loved that movie so much, even better than Burton's batman. However I became disappointed and bored at the theater with TDK. I did dig his Joker however. TDKR is looking more underwhelming each and every day for me. Did not feel this way about BB and TDK when I was anticipating those movies.

Oh I will not put on a flame shield. I know that Nolanites lurke these forums so I'm prepped up for flaming.

Who else is excited for the reboot?

You dare question Nolan??? :woot: I love these new Batman movies but I'll be ready for the new ones that come along. Comic artists don't always stick to the same version of Batman's world in their stories and directors are free to do the same to fit their story needs. As long as the movies are enjoyable, I'll be on board.

I still think Batman 1989 will always be the measuring stick for all Batman films to come because it was my first Batman film. Jack Nicholson as the Joker was pure gold.

I just love the fact that there can be so many interpretations of the same character - Burton is my favorite, but Nolan does a different take and I love that and look forward to see another reboot and where else Batman can be taken (I'd also LOVE to see Keaton and Pfeiffer back as older characters so that they could be in Batman the dark knight returns against superman - this would be freaking awesome, though I know it would never happen lol!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"