Looks like you got a new fan

The Geek Vault

Come at me bro
Reaction score
My four year old cousin came over this weekend and saw my ML ghost rider fig. and immediatly started playing with it. He loved the fact he had a motorcycle and couldn't stop driving it around. He also wouldn't put down the ghost rider fig. who he referred to as "flame hair" or "sergeant murfey" I have a feeling that if I give him a couple comics when he's older he'll be a fan. Add one to the ghost rider fans.

Cool stuff, you will be able to pick up some action figures for him soon, when my son was that age he didn't want any fairy tales before bed it was Ghost Rider he wanted.

There s one true thing in life- kids love monsters.
That s why i always though that GR could reach every kind of audience, from the hardcore ones to the kids.
Marvel should look at him more carefully.
"Marvel Adventures Ghost Rider". What about that.

I love that man...that's great! I have a nephew who is gonna be a big comic fan...so i am excited..i'll convert him to the ways of comicsism

BURNFOREVER said:
There s one true thing in life- kids love monsters.
That s why i always though that GR could reach every kind of audience, from the hardcore ones to the kids.
Marvel should look at him more carefully.
"Marvel Adventures Ghost Rider". What about that.

Sadly, despite the noble ideals of Ghost Rider (self-sacrifice, non-murderous justice) I don't imagine that a flaming-skulled demon from hell would be getting approval for a "young readers" comic.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on the idea...GR is "horror" without being overly nasty (well, with exceptions), which is especially rare nowadays, and kids gobble that stuff up. If you can produce a comic that gets kids away from the TV/PC/PS2/etc. and reading, you've got my support.

Does anyone remeber the Supernaturals when he rode a BMX bike?

Uncanny Orb said:

Of course!
Cool stuff, Brian Pullido & Ivan Reis.
It was like an pre-"Ultimate Marvel Monsters".
Cool reading indeed.
:)

MarvleMan, that's rocks. Get em while they're young. That'll ensure that we'll still have a Ghost Rider in 20 years.

Uncanny Orb said:

I'm about to get this issue in a shipment. Super pumped about it.

So, something great happened today, with reference to this story...

My sister and brother and law came to town for a visit today and with them came along my neice and nephew. Anyway, after about 5 minutes, my nephew pipes up saying "Is that Ghost Rider?" apon noticing one of my GR busts. I was shocked to here him say it and then doubly blown away to hear my sister say "That's his favorite". I'm still smiling from the whole thing.

You see, for the past 3 years (he's only 9 now), every Christmas, to get him into comics I've been giving him a bunch that I've weaved out of my collection (anything not related to the supernatural-verse of the Marvel U) and last year, I had about 25 GR doubles to give him. Little did I know they would turn out to be his fav without even knowing it was mine.

Small world, huge coincedence and I love it! One more fan to add to the list.

Flamehead I have just got to say . . . that little animation you have for your profile pic is totally wicked!!!

I used to read Ghost Rider when I was younger and then the title was off the shelves for a while I think, or maybe I just couldn't find it. I was really looking for something different and that antihero type of character. I remember thinking how horrifying it would be if I was one of the thugs that GR usually kicked the crap out of . . . to see a man's flesh just melt away like wax, only to have his flaming scull staring at you!

Yes I admit I did have an active imagination and GR was the subject of many a nightmare for me in my younger days. Ahh . .. the memories!

I just used to pic up copies at my local Walmart. Yes, they actually carried Ghost Rider comics back then. Now days with all the censorship happening and all the pointing of fingers towards sources of corruption I wonder how Ghost Rider will be marketed. I could think of a million different Ghost Rider toys that could be marketed towards kids and teens (and that's just the tip of the iceburg).
I wonder if they have any merchandise like that in the works?

Netmaster, I really like my Avatar too. Most of them here are awesome actually, and most are provided by the awesome HunterRider...

Not sure how much you pop around here anymore but, there is a merchandise thead that I think you'd be interested in: http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182207&page=9

Lots of stuff in the works and it's incredible!

Good to have you around. Drop by anytime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"