The Dark Knight Loose Ends

AzBat

Agent of the Bat
Reaction score
I know there are probably more than just one loose end we never tied up from the past virals, but here's the one that has been bugging me the most.

In the WhySoSerious.com/Mausoleum puzzle we got a pic of an evidence bad, $1 bill, crumpled $5 bill, a quarter, a penny, a folding pocket knife, Jake Karnassian's ID for the Gotham Unified School District, a black leather wallet, a set of keys on a carabiner, and a Lifesaver mint.

Anyway, we never was able to use any of this info to figure out any of the rest of the puzzles. What was the point of it? I'm thinking we're missing something. Wouldn't surprise me if there were other things in the past virals that we have missed. If anybody has any details regarding this loose end or others, then I'd love to hear about them.

AzBat

And this deserves a new thread because?:whatever:

Didn't that lead to the first movie poster and the tickets to the special showings of the IMAX footage? Also, we know now that poor Karnassian's wife and children were killed at a carnival (probably by the Joker) according to the newest Gotham Times. All part of the Joker's plan to get the bus that he uses for the bank robbery at the open of the film.

Didn't that lead to the first movie poster and the tickets to the special showings of the IMAX footage? Also, we know now that poor Karnassian's wife and children were killed at a carnival (probably by the Joker) according to the newest Gotham Times. All part of the Joker's plan to get the bus that he uses for the bank robbery at the open of the film.

:whatever: Karnassian is the bus driver, thug says to the Joker "bet he told you to kill me..." "no no no...he killed the bus driver." Not the thug driving the bus but the bus driver and his entire family.

Actually we used something off of the evidence bag as a clue for another site or something.

Actually we used something off of the evidence bag as a clue for another site or something.

YES...we've raked over these coals, the fire is cold. We should move on. The see you in December was a reference to the IMAX prologue.

:whatever: Karnassian is the bus driver, thug says to the Joker "bet he told you to kill me..." "no no no...he killed the bus driver." Not the thug driving the bus but the bus driver and his entire family.

No, Karnassian is the Mgr. of Buildings and Grounds according to the Gotham Unified School District website. The goon Batman caught trying to carjack that woman was one of Joker's guys, he had Karnassian's ID on him since they probably used it to pinch the school bus they use.

Not sure why but I always thought the Karnassian thing was a little incomplete and I guess the news article does sort of wrap it up, but I haven't really been thinking of it that way. The Pier and Carnival kept sticking in my head all throughout the new Hahaha Times and then today with the anagram.

It's pretty easy to start over thinking paths and clues when you're constantly in the process of taking things apart to get the next avenue. But then, why would the put up a new lunch calendar on the School District website? Arrg.

Jake Karnassian is NOT the bus driver. He is the manager of buildings and grounds for the Gotham Unified School District. This part of the puzzle had nothing to do with the IMAX prologue. They modified it later on for the Whysoserious.com/Steprightup/Pairofjokers puzzle, but again, the info given on the bag and the variety of items including in the safe were never used. It's a dead end.

CJ, if you don't want to be helpful, you can choose not to read this thread. Nobody is forcing you.

AzBat

Oh, and you got the dialogue wrong too. The Joker says "no no no no, I kill the bus driver."

Please remember you are NOT in a spoiler forum, so put your spoiler-caked posts in spoiler tags.

Thank you.

He actually says, "I kill the bus driver." He's referring to the fact that he will kill the bus driver after he arrives. Nobody but the Joker knew anything about a bus driver, so it surprised him.

I have a full transcript of the prologue in my sig (much provided by Anita18).

AzBat, I am with you. I think it's fishy how there is so much focusing on the JK family. Who are they to the Joker?

don't the managers of buildings and grounds for schools carry the keys for the housing for buses?

don't the managers of buildings and grounds for schools carry the keys for the housing for buses?

Yes, but all of the keys and his ID are in Police custody. How does the Joker get a hold of them before the movie starts? This is one of the reasons why this one particular story is a loose end. It just doesn't add up.

AzBat

wasn't that the point of opening the vault? to receive the syuff that was in there?

and is it confirmed that the prologue is in the final film?

Yes, but all of the keys and his ID are in Police custody. How does the Joker get a hold of them before the movie starts? This is one of the reasons why this one particular story is a loose end. It just doesn't add up.

AzBat
We got them for him with the Mausoleum puzzle, but it was evidently from a police evidence vault.

So I guess the question is, why did the police have his ID and keys?

Hmm, I think I'm following now.

The police had Carnassian's belongings because Frederick Alder(the guy who car-jacked Susan Walthammer) had stolen them from Carnassian. I guess you could say Frederick Alder was the guy who killed him too, but considering he was just a first time criminal, I'm not so sure. The question now is, how does those items pertain to the game, if at all. Just seems kind of strange to create that much detail, but never use them.

AzBat

Hmm, I think I'm following now.

The police had Carnassian's belongings because Frederick Alder(the guy who car-jacked Susan Walthammer) had stolen them from Carnassian. I guess you could say Frederick Alder was the guy who killed him too, but considering he was just a first time criminal, I'm not so sure. The question now is, how does those items pertain to the game, if at all. Just seems kind of strange to create that much detail, but never use them.

AzBat

maybe all your loose ends will be wrapped up in the movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"