The Dark Knight Rises The Art of The Dark Knight Trilogy

He already explained "how so" . All you did was retort by telling us that all those things were.. In the comics. Which we already knew.

I think it's safe to say that they obviously drew a lot of inspiration and concepts from the comics, but added their own cinematic reinterpretation/representation to make it unique to these particular movies, and the style/feel (which was in many ways quite non-comic-like) that they were after in their approach. I would still say it was more the comics serving the film than vice versa.

This book sounds very cool...I'll probably place an order tonight.

Last edited:
Oh, I don't disagree. Nolan & Crew were largely inspired by the comics when they were coming up with their concepts, but it'd foolish to say that Nolan & Crew did not augment certain of Batman's gadgets, vehicles, history, etc.

I think the NOlan's made it more 'James Bond'.

Maybe that could be their next project? Just a thought.

Yeah they did have several things in common with that franchise I would agree.

i can take a scan off the back slip cover if someone was still wanting it?

This is a great book, a must-have for any hardcore fan of this series. Well worth the $24 on Amazon.

There's definitely a big influence from 007. Nolan is a huge Bond fan. Apart from how Fox is the Q to Bruce's Bond throughout the trilogy, TDKR felt like a Bond film to me (one of the really good ones).

artofscan11.jpg

Great back cover.

Awesome book inside too.

Chip Kidd has designed many Batman books over the years and it was cool he worked on this one, too.

There's definitely a big influence from 007. Nolan is a huge Bond fan. Apart from how Fox is the Q to Bruce's Bond throughout the trilogy, TDKR felt like a Bond film to me (one of the really good ones).

Rises felt the most Bondian to me as well.

Considering there were only three films in this series he managed to fit in seven big villains not even counting falcone, maroni and zsasz.

Very cool image to see them all together.

And all those villains felt purposeful in the stories. Not arbitrary or forced-in by executive orders, (which is what I hear happened to poor Sam Raimi on Spiderman3).

I still cannot believe Nolan took on Bane. And this third film was my favorite...so obviously I approved of Hardy's interpretation.

Wow this looks like it might be worth picking up, lots of good stuff in it and a nice momento for the entire trilogy me thinks.

I'm gonna try and get the book this weekend.

Anybody have any other recommendations for book like this? I saw somebody mention The Dark Knight manual earlier, so I might try and get that as well.

This book is awesome. Bought it at the weekend. It's a fountain of info and behind the scenes pics and concept art etc.

I love the back cover to it with the six main villains of the trilogy.

This book is awesome. Bought it at the weekend. It's a fountain of info and behind the scenes pics and concept art etc.

I love the back cover to it with the six main villains of the trilogy.

It's sure is epic isnt it, wouldnt mind a wallpaper of that to be honest

Could someone please post a link to download it in PDF Format?????

That's it, I'm ordering this book right now.

Could someone please post a link to download it in PDF Format?????

there is no such link. Order Both books on amazon, or buy them in stores.
"The Art and Making of the Dark Knight Trilogy"

and

"The Dark Knight Manual"

these 2 books are more than worth their price, and are packed with info that needs to be held, felt, and read. not via the computer, not a pdf file, not via a kindle.
thats why i only scanned 2-3 things, to show others so stuff it contains. no i wont scan the whole book in, and neither should anyone else.

My girlfriend let me use her Amazon gift cards to get both books so I ended up paying $16 with free 2 day shipping!

Picked this book up today. Stunning book, worth every penny to a fan. So many insights into inspiration's that went into characters and scene's, things that you don't even realise into they point it out.

Great pictures as well, as you would expect from an art book, but plenty of reading to go along with it.

A must for any batfan :batty:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"