Lost Odyssey

That sucks, but I'm still going to buy it.

Mediocre reviews can't kill my enthusiasm!

Man, they're saying the story is only "so-so". That really sucks. Why play a damn RPG if the story is mediocre at best? :(

Yeah, but the musical score sounds great! That'll do for me!!!! ha

Yeah, but the musical score sounds great! That'll do for me!!!! ha

Do they have logical reasons?

I doubt the story is mediocre..since the person who wrote is one of japans best writers. I'll still it tho.

Gametrailers made it sound like the story is great?

Well, after watching the Gametrailers review, I may end up getting the game. I guess it all depends on how quickly I get done with DMC4.

That gt review just seemed so...generous. Gamesradar gave it a 6 and it got a 5 from gamespy, which, to me, had a better written review. It's essentially a game we've all played before with ok graphics and a somewhat mediocre score. Imagine FFIX without the comedy. I'll pass.

That gt review just seemed so...generous. Gamesradar gave it a 6 and it got a 5 from gamespy, which, to me, had a better written review. It's essentially a game we've all played before with ok graphics and a somewhat mediocre score. Imagine FFIX without the comedy. I'll pass.

It seems like a run of the mill turn based RPG with some nice eye candy. Depending on h ow I feel in a week or so that may be exactly what I'm looking for.

Yes I'm sure the score is going to be mediocre because, as well all know, Nobuo Uematsu can't score ****. Amirite?

IGN AU:

"Although the voice-acting is mostly solid, the score is forgettable."

IGN:

"The aural portion of the program has its own share of ups and downs. Famed Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu provides the music for this immortal journey. So does Sheena Easton. Apparently you can't have ying without some yang. Uematsu's soundtrack often strikes as the b-side of a Final Fantasy game, with a few slow-tempo tracks that fit oddly when battling against soul-sucking demons."

You mad?

Edit: If it makes you feel better, the main theme has been universally praised. That counts for something, right? It's got to considering how this game has been called "the most frustrating 60 hours of your life."

IGN AU:

"Although the voice-acting is mostly solid, the score is forgettable."

IGN:

"The aural portion of the program has its own share of ups and downs. Famed Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu provides the music for this immortal journey. So does Sheena Easton. Apparently you can't have ying without some yang. Uematsu's soundtrack often strikes as the b-side of a Final Fantasy game, with a few slow-tempo tracks that fit oddly when battling against soul-sucking demons."

You mad?

Edit: If it makes you feel better, the main theme has been universally praised. That counts for something, right?

Ok so one site doesn't like the score, it doesn't mean that its mediocre in the least. But then again, if we all went off what other people said when it comes to music we would probably all be listening to the N'SYNCs and Britney Spears of this generation.

Ok so one site doesn't like the score, it doesn't mean that its mediocre in the least. But then again, if we all went off what other people said when it comes to music we would probably all be listening to the N'SYNCs and Britney Spears of this generation.

True. But...score aside (too subjective to argue over that), this game honestly does not seem like a buy. Let's be honest for a second. I'm sure you have Mass Effect. In the GT review, they basically say that it aint a Mass Effect. Why buy this? I'd rather play FF7-X on my PS2 again and enjoy the hell out of it then pay $60 dollars for this crap. I didn't even think gamespy had the guts to give out 5s.

In that case, why look at any reviews? This is the same defense people used for Assassin's Creed. "Ignore every review that says a bad word about the game".

In that case, why look at any reviews? This is the same defense people used for Assassin's Creed. "Ignore every review that says a bad word about the game".

Yeah except Assassin's Creed was good. :huh:

Only thing special about it was free running. Everything else: mediocre. It's the perfect rental game, for as long as you have the rental, that is about how long the game is good for.

True. But...score aside (too subjective to argue over that), this game honestly does not seem like a buy. Let's be honest for a second. I'm sure you have Mass Effect. In the GT review, they basically say that it aint a Mass Effect. Why buy this? I'd rather play FF7-X on my PS2 again and enjoy the hell out of it then pay $60 dollars for this crap. I didn't even think gamespy had the guts to give out 5s.

In all honesty people hype FF7-X way to much. X was crap all together "Hey look guys I'm the dream of a dream, if that makes sense at all lulz!" and the only one of those 4 that I would even enjoy playing again is IX, too bad I can't save **** on my PS2 with my PS1 mem card because it corrupts all the files (Thanks Sony, you make me go out and find a ****ing PS1 mem card for nothing.)

I really don't see why people would compare it to Mass Effect either. Of course its not going to be a Mass Effect, its a completely different game with a completely different setting, plot, background, and developer.

Only thing special about it was free running. Everything else: mediocre. It's the perfect rental game, for as long as you have the rental, that is about how long the game is good for.

Yeah because I'm sure that the whole medieval assassination things been done to death, right?

In all honesty people hype FF7-X way to much. X was crap all together "Hey look guys I'm the dream of a dream, if that makes sense at all lulz!" and the only one of those 4 that I would even enjoy playing again is IX, too bad I can't save **** on my PS2 with my PS1 mem card because it corrupts all the files (Thanks Sony, you make me go out and find a ****ing PS1 mem card for nothing.)

I really don't see why people would compare it to Mass Effect either. Of course its not going to be a Mass Effect, its a completely different game with a completely different setting, plot, background, and developer.

It's nowhere near as fun as ME...putting genre aside. I loved IX. If you did too, maybe this won't be a bad purchase after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"