Louis Leterrier Director of Hulk 2

chaos123x

Civilian
Reaction score
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23919

INCREDIBLE HULK Has A Director!! + Screenwriter Clarifies Reboot/Remake Confusion, But Doesn't!!

Merrick again...

Reuters says Louis Leterrier (director of DANNY THE DOG and the two TRANSPORTER films) has signed to direct THE INCREDIBLE HULK.
An interesting choice for an obscure project, to be sure. Avi Arad has pointedly implied that this film would be something of a remake, although this recent interview with scripter Zak Penn suggests otherwise…sort of:

"It’s definitely not a remake. We’re not going to tell the origin story of the Hulk. Reboot? It’s harder to say."

So, I don’t know what the hell to think. Supposedly, they’ll be an announcement this weekend at Comic Con. Perhaps we’ll know more then…

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23919

Well it's like I said before Con. No highly respected or A list director was going to do this movie.

Leterrier fits that description pretty well.

I expect it more a Thriller directer,but he haven´t made much movie´s and you can say that he is new,like Bryan Singer whas also first and mabey it is good for him to extend his gerne to another gerne like this,i can´t saying much more about it. Singer whas 35 years old when he directed the first X-men and this guy is 35 when Hulk 2 comingout in 2008. Synger also working with Zak Penn for a second X-men movie and mabey we must expect it something like that for Hulk 2.

He's not like Bryan Singer at all.

The age has nothing ot do with it.

Zak Penn also worked on X-men 3.

TheVileOne said:
He's not like Bryan Singer at all.

The age has nothing ot do with it.

Zak Penn also worked on X-men 3.
All this bashing of the two guys is kind of pointless IMO, we havent seen anything yet, Fox are so bad, they make anyone look bad. Singer was partly to blame for X3

I wonder who was to blame for The Hulk then.

And i thought i had heard it all. Singer did not write, direct or produce X3 so how can you blame him for how the movie turned out?Lmao!

Retroman said:
And i thought i had heard it all. Singer did not write, direct or produce X3 so how can you blame him for how the movie turned out?Lmao!
because he made Cycs a secondary character in the first 2, because he made Rouge (sp) a Jubely (sp) wanna be. Because he made Wolverine THE guy in the movie, because he's just a d-bag :up:

Sava said:
because he made Cycs a secondary character in the first 2, because he made Rouge (sp) a Jubely (sp) wanna be. Because he made Wolverine THE guy in the movie
Cyke was going to have a bigger role in his X3 and plot would have Emma Frost, Phoenix and another villain.

Sava said:
because he's just a d-bag :up:
So now that Singer ****ed up Superman and he ****ed up the X-Men movies he's a *****e bag.:rolleyes: All hail King Ratner.

I'm a little sick of the hate on Singer you'd think we were talking about the director of LXG, Catwoman or Elektra.And even those guys have done good stuff in the past.

Retroman said:
Cyke was going to have a bigger role in his X3 and plot would have Emma Frost, Phoenix and another villain.
thats bulls**t IMO, he can anything he wants but what it comes down to is that he f**ked it up. cycs should have been one of the top characters, he can say "well, i was setting him up for a big role" and s**t like that but why use him at the end?...You know as well as i do that if he had made the 3rd Wolverine would have been the top character, with Magneto and Phoenix second and Storm and Charles 3rd. He just wouldnt have the room to fit in cycs, He sure as hell wasnt going to make Wolverine a secondary character, he wasnt going to do that with Magneto or Charles. Fox would have made him make Storm a big character in the 3rd even if he didnt like it. He left himself too much to do with too little time.

Retroman said:
So now that Singer ****ed up Superman and he ****ed up the X-Men movies he's a *****e bag.:rolleyes: All hail King Ratner.

I'm a little sick of the hate on Singer you'd think we were talking about the director of LXG, Catwoman or Elektra.And even those guys have done good stuff in the past.
i actually think Ratner f**ked up really bad but then again, it wasnt his script, so who knows what he could have done. SR was a great film. Fox f**ked up with X3 really badly, if they had waited and given the 200mill to Singer, tehy would have ended with film that grossed 600mill easy. Insted they rushed the hell out of it and cramed alot of things that didnt need to be there. They didnt need the cure s**t in there, they didnt need the love triangle between Iceman, Rouge (sp) and that other girl. They didnt need Juggernaut in there (that story is perfect for its own film)... and so on.

Sava said:
thats bulls**t IMO, he can anything he wants but what it comes down to is that he f**ked it up. cycs should have been one of the top characters, he can say "well, i was setting him up for a big role" and s**t like that but why use him at the end?...You know as well as i do that if he had made the 3rd Wolverine would have been the top character, with Magneto and Phoenix second and Storm and Charles 3rd. He just wouldnt have the room to fit in cycs, He sure as hell wasnt going to make Wolverine a secondary character, he wasnt going to do that with Magneto or Charles. Fox would have made him make Storm a big character in the 3rd even if he didnt like it. He left himself too much to do with too little time.
Marvel is currently producing an animated show called Wolverine and the X-men, Fox didnt want Cyclops in X3 to begin with, both the writers have confirmed this (the scheduling conflict stuff is BS) ánd producer Lauren Shuler Donner has said many times that she couldn't imagine making an X-Men movie without Wolverine. Its pretty obvious that Singer likes Logan/Wolverine but there were and are other people who pushed him as leader too.Its more than just Singer's infatuation with the character.

Why do i think he'd have a bigger role in X3?
He left hints that Cyke would get a much more substantial role in 3.The scene in X1 is the prime example since he tells Proffesor (in coma) that he would 'take care of them' if anything should happen plus Jean confesses in X2 that she loves Scott not Logan.Also, reportedly, Singer's story treatment only had a small role for Storm.
In Ratner's X3 they switched that around and gave the reigns to Storm and made Logan appear to be one thats Jean's true love.

I'm not sure i'd want Ratner there from the start. After reading that he wanted Harry Knowles as consultant on Superman i'm wary plus he was going to spend 300 million on that movie as well. God knows what he would have done with X3. He axed the Phoenix firebird and the Phoenix rise sequence for crying out loud even though it was scripted.Even Singer, accused of having know knowledge of the comics, had firebird in his movie.
Sava said:
i actually think Ratner f**ked up really bad but then again, it wasnt his script, so who knows what he could have done. SR was a great film. Fox f**ked up with X3 really badly, if they had waited and given the 200mill to Singer, tehy would have ended with film that grossed 600mill easy. Insted they rushed the hell out of it and cramed alot of things that didnt need to be there. They didnt need the cure s**t in there, they didnt need the love triangle between Iceman, Rouge (sp) and that other girl. They didnt need Juggernaut in there (that story is perfect for its own film)... and so on.
I agree:) except i think they could have incooperated Juggernaut's story in to X3 but for that they should have sacrificed some of the new characters, some of which were unnecessary to the movie in my opnion. I also feel they could have acknowledged the relationship between Charles and Cain. I know that Matthew Vaughn was going to do that. Shame they dropped it.

Having said all that i do think there are many things they did get right in X3. I loved Kitty, Famke was fantastic as Phoenix (though her screen time was too small), Magneto was fantastic as always, Mystique(same) Grammer as Beast was great as were the Pyro/Iceman confrontations (loved those) and some of the action was pretty exciting, Dark Phoenix vs Xavier was shocking - just to name a few good things.

Maybe he axed those scenes with Pheonix cause there wasnt time or the budget. I wasnt expecting what happened to Xavier :(... i didnt like what they did with Magneto, he should never be just a human. He should always be a pain in the ass for the Xmen IMO

Sava said:
Maybe he axed those scenes with Pheonix cause there wasnt time or the budget.
Brett said the studio backed him all his decisions.He says he had enough time. The writers wrote the firebird in the script, the whole thing was conceptualized (i've seen the designs) yet for some strange reason they didn't go with it.:( :down
Sava said:
I wasnt expecting what happened to Xavier :(... i didnt like what they did with Magneto, he should never be just a human. He should always be a pain in the ass for the Xmen IMO
The end scene shows that the cure doesn't work on a Class 4 mutant like Magneto. So theres hope if they make X4.:)

Retroman said:
Brett said the studio backed him all his decisions.He says he had enough time. The writers wrote the firebird in the script, the whole thing was conceptualized (i've seen the designs) yet for some strange reason they didn't go with it.:( :down
did it look good?

Retroman said:
The end scene shows that the cure doesn't work on a Class 4 mutant like Magneto. So theres hope if they make X4.:)
I thought they werent making X4

Retroman said:
Yeah thats what they're saying but i can still hope can't i?:)
lets hope Singer gets to make it

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"