Wizard interviews Louis Leterrier

Cool Interview! He says it'll be darker, grittier, and even a bit scary!... I like that!:)
Yeah, I was excited with that even though he's said that before. It just got me excited again, is all.

No confidence? The man knows what's he doing: it finally took someone to make these monsters look monsters.

And he's right actually. Why does Abomb look like a giant frog in the comics?

The scars are way too noticeable. I don't understand why they're not using the original Hulk CGI model. It's really under appreciated.

EDIT: Wait... I just realized why... New toys...

Damn Hollywood.

You know, i still dont know how people can say that the Hulk didnt look real in the 2003 movie, look at the pic above people, does that in ANY way look fake?

And yeah, i'm not liking the scars AT ALL, Hulk's healing factor is almost instant, he has almost been burned/blown to a crisp in the comics and he healed instantly, WITH NO SCARRING, so this is something i dont like in the slightest.

About the interview, again i'm getting mixed messages, some things sound great, other sound terrible, i'm still thinking at this point that i wont like the movie, but we'll see.

Good interview, everything sounds positive.

One thing about the scarring, they say they added the scars and a small mole after Norton was casted to the appearance of Hulk. So what I'm guessing is that even before Banner became the Hulk in this movie, he had scars and then those scars can also be shown on Hulk's face. They are not scars from Hulk's healing factor but scars that Banner has had.

But Sarg, when Banner became the Hulk the healing factor would kick in and he wouldnt have scars any more, even the 2003 movie dealt with this "Remember my bad knee, ha, well now its my good knee."

its a movie... if they get most of it right, the scars dont really matter that much.

Louis Leterrier said:
he has a scar on the cheek and his jaw
Didn't someone here mention those scars were going to heal directly after the Hulk gets them?

Bullets bounces off him, but the scars won't heal? Makes too much sense, I guess.

its a movie... if they get most of it right, the scars dont really matter that much.

Just because its a movie they cant try and get everything right?

And anyway, not saying it'll ruin the movie, its just something i dont like.

The scars are way too noticeable. I don't understand why they're not using the original Hulk CGI model. It's really under appreciated.

EDIT: Wait... I just realized why... New toys...

Damn Hollywood.
yes, at times, the 2003 hulk looked awesome. but if you watch the movie again, you will notice his look is not consistant. take the firat transformation: brilliant! he is the right hight, wearing ripped purple pants past his knees, and is ripped. when he smashes into the room with the gamma sphere, he looks insane. but after he throws the shpere, and exits to where his father is, he looks like crap! his face looks far to much like eric banna. then, when he comes close to hius dad, hulks face has changed once again. and when he is with betty, his face looks different from when he is in the desert! having hulk look like banner is the worst idea. he aint banner. unless in a sequel the make smart hulk, he should have no resemelance to bruce in any way. and i really think hulk needs to look like a tank, not a big guy in shorts. after reading this unterview, im even more excited than before! the changes to abomination make sense, but he better be green still!!
:bh:

The scars belong to Banner, so they stay with Hulk. I wonder if we'll have a bearded Hulk.

zOMFG a SCAR On HULKS FACE?!?!? this moVIE IS GARBAGE!!11 I ti WILL FAIL BECUZ OF ST00PID SCARr!1111

:whatever:

looks freakin awesome.

I LOVE THIS DARK GRITTY TO THE COMICS HULK MOVIE.

THERE IS NO WAY THIS CAN'T BE FREEKING SWEET!!!!

:bh: :hulk: :hulk: :hulk:

having hulk look like banner is the worst idea. he aint banner. unless in a sequel the make smart hulk, he should have no resemelance to bruce in any way.
:bh:

IMO, I've never understood this way of thinking, the Hulk should resemble Banner, he is Banner. Sal Buscema, who happens to be my favorite CB Hulk artist, hit that nail on the head everytime. He created a Hulk who looked monstrous and powerful while at the same time retaining some of Banner's features because it's still him. I felt Ang was on the right track with that in the first film, but I do agree the face was too inconsistent throughout.

IMO, I've never understood this way of thinking, the Hulk should resemble Banner, he is Banner. Sal Buscema, who happens to be my favorite CB Hulk artist, hit that nail on the head everytime. He created a Hulk who looked monstrous and powerful while at the same time retaining some of Banner's features because it's still him. I felt Ang was on the right track with that in the first film, but I do agree the face was too inconsistent throughout.
no, he is not banner. he is a seperate entity, he just happens to come out from banner. this is why when bruce trys to kill him self, like in hulk the end, hulk comes out and saves himself. hulk has his own consciousness. he is a gamma/rage spawned monster, and should look seperate fromhis hosts body. thats like saying a werewolf should look mlike the human it cam from. and i agree, sal bucema is the best. but i cant see banner in hulk one bit..

no, he is not banner. he is a seperate entity, he just happens to come out from banner. this is why when bruce trys to kill him self, like in hulk the end, hulk comes out and saves himself. hulk has his own consciousness. he is a gamma/rage spawned monster, and should look seperate fromhis hosts body. thats like saying a werewolf should look mlike the human it cam from. and i agree, sal bucema is the best. but i cant see banner in hulk one bit..

Well, we can agree to disagree on this one. To me, the Hulk is all those things you say he is, but he is still Banner. Just like the Hulk transforms to save himself in that comic you mentioned, Banner is what keeps the Hulk from becoming the mass murderer he would be if he didn't have Banner's conscious. And from a pure physical standpoint, if you transform into a creature right now, it will still be your face that transformed, not some other person who just happens to have his own skeleton that pops in place of yours. It's Banners bones, his flesh, his nervous system that becomes the monster, the Hulk is a mutation, not another person. Hulk will always be Banner and Banner will always be Hulk, this is why Banner can't die and why Hulk can't kill...

you make some good points. but we are after all talking about a fictional comic character, one i love dearly, and i guess he looks like what ever artist is drwing him lol! i still think hulk needs to be a monstrous humanoid. it looks better in the comic pages, and would look better on screen. i'd say in the first movie, hulk looked like banner a bit, but not always. when on the tree and he roars he looks more like a monster than when he meets his dad.

you make some good points. but we are after all talking about a fictional comic character, one i love dearly, and i guess he looks like what ever artist is drwing him lol! i still think hulk needs to be a monstrous humanoid. it looks better in the comic pages, and would look better on screen. i'd say in the first movie, hulk looked like banner a bit, but not always. when on the tree and he roars he looks more like a monster than when he meets his dad.

He'y I'm with ya on the monstrous humanoid thing believe me. I'm not saying he needs to look as clean cut as in the first movie, I actually prefer this new look because to me it does look like a Sal Buscema drawing come to life. But a slight resemblance to Banner wouldn't bother me one bit...

A lot of enticing info in that interview!
I'm still not 100% convinced on the whole scar thing, but everything else sounds great! I'll probably flip when I hear the Lonely Man theme.

I do kinda wish that Ed would wear glasses, even if just for disguise. Considering that turning into Hulk might correct banner's vision, not sure. Not really important, but I'd like to see him with glasses.

I think it adds to the list of disgusting weaknesses that Hulk has againt Banner.

It all sounds good, but it´s the script I´m worried the most about. I wasn´t satisfied with the Ang Lee version, but I don´t wanna go all the opposite way.

The bit about The Lonely Man sounds awesome, though.

The script was awesome. Dark. Gritty. Had a certain independent feel about it- meaning something to be taken seriously. There's going to be the same amount of seriousness and drama in this film as there was in the first film. The only difference is the action sequences are 100% better- including a finale that will make every fight sequence that summer look like amateur hour- and a very good portrayal of Bruce Banner on the run.

This director is phenomenal and the only guy for the job. 'Danny the Dog' kept popping into my mind while reading the script because it kind of reminds me of similar aspects from that film and it's probably the reason MARVEL went with him. This information only raises my expectations: Dark Knight, Hulk, Iron Man- thus far...

And it's awesome that they have the 'Lonely Man' theme, the film plays out like a movie version of the television show in many regards. The theme just adds to that.

Seriously can't wait- if it lives up to the script and delivers this will seriously kick Ang Lee's Hulk and several other comic films down a notch or two. Huge summer blockbuster action and a seriousness and depth not found that often in blockbuster films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"