CONFIRMED: Craig Armstrong to score "Incredible Hulk"

mclay18

Avenger
Reaction score
Upcoming Film Scores has officially confirmed that Scottish composer CRAIG ARMSTRONG will score The Incredible Hulk, not Danny Elfman as originally rumored.

Press release:

Upcoming Film Scores has learned that prolific Scottish composer Craig Armstrong has been hired to pen the original score for Marvel's new Hulk movie, The Incredible Hulk. The film, which is directed by French helmer Louis Leterrier (best known for his Transporter action flicks), will be released on June 13 by Universal. Edward Norton is doing the part as Bruce Banner and the supporting cast includes Robert Downey Jr., Liv Tyler, William Hurt and Tim Roth. Zak Penn, who wrote X-Men: The Last Stand and Last Action Hero, is responsible for the screenplay. Craig Armstrong, who is represented in the US by First Artists Management, recently scored Elizabeth: The Golden Age for Working Title. The Incredible Hulk is his first action film since 2001's Kiss of the Dragon.

He is not an establish music composer but in order to establish yourself you need to start from somewhere. So this is his big break.

Huh? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Armstrong_(composer)

And what's with Robert Downey Jr. being listed as supporting cast?

Yup, Downey Jr. is apparently appearing in one brief scene as Tony Stark (opposite William Hurt's General Ross so the rumor goes).

The same scene (maybe from another angle or something), I think is gonna be repeated in Iron-Man...at least that would make sense to me.

:wow: Craig Armstrong did the score to one of my all time favorite movies!

ray.jpg

Granted, Ray Charles' music kind of overshadows the score, but still.

Yup, Downey Jr. is apparently appearing in one brief scene as Tony Stark (opposite William Hurt's General Ross so the rumor goes).

It's not a rumor -- William Hurt himself confirmed it in an interview. While Downey hasn't confirmed it yet, maybe he was under a gag order by Paramount/Marvel not to say anything about it.

Or maybe it'll be one scene left on the cutting room floor.

Nice choice! Thanks for posted!

I'm pleased....I looked him up on itunes....I like the little that I've heard.

Elfman is really good, but I'd rather see someone new do a comic book movie. Elfman's scores start to sound the same after a while.

Am I the only one that wants an O Verona remix during the final battle ? :woot:

I've always heard good things about the music in Moulin Rouge' so I'm pleased with this choice.

Wow. We've actually got some proof that this movie isn't just a pipe dream...thank you very much Marvel marketing for this news. :whatever:

I like him more than elfman.

With that comment you sound like an Elfman hater. I'm still interested to see what Armstrong comes up with. Since this one promises more action than the last film. At least no M/V composer is scoring a comic book/marvel movie like TDK and IM and the 2009 Wolvie movie.

O Verona is one of Craig Armstrongs most popular tracks
Sounds pretty cool. Has a kind of "God of War" sound to it. I found this on youtube so you can hear for yourself:

Who gives a ****.... GIVE US THAT TRAILER DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least no M/V composer is scoring a comic book/marvel movie like TDK and IM and the 2009 Wolvie movie.

Uh, Harry Gregson-Williams is FAR more talented than his collegues at MV/RC studios including Zimmer himself and Ramin Djawadi. If anything, his score for Wolverine will probably be in the vein of his friend John Powell's score for X-Men 3. They did co-compose quite a few movie scores together.

Armstrong is an inspired idea for The Incredible Hulk. I just hope he can deliver on the action music, though.

Uh, Harry Gregson-Williams is FAR more talented than his collegues at MV/RC studios including Zimmer himself and Ramin Djawadi. If anything, his score for Wolverine will probably be in the vein of his friend John Powell's score for X-Men 3. They did co-compose quite a few movie scores together.

Armstrong is an inspired idea for The Incredible Hulk. I just hope he can deliver on the action music, though.
Yea my main concern is the action music, although O Verona does not sound too bad I'm still not fully convinced. But I believe Marvel knows what they are looking for and I guess they believe he can deliver. We will see

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"