(Lounge is Like a) Heatwave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could never get behind digital comics; ebooks I can understand, but comics? You need to appreciate art like that first-hand, not through a tablet.

Exactly, Its like searching up mona lisa and saying "Ive seen the mona lisa" instead of actually going to see the original in Florence.

I prefer my comics digital, easier to zoom in, and flipping through pages.
One thing I miss is the good smell of the paper.

Exactly, Its like searching up mona lisa and saying "Ive seen the mona lisa" instead of actually going to see the original in Florence.

i thought it was hanging in the Louvre?

krypton said:
re: not getting any sleep

yeah krypton, when you get home, turn off your cell phone, tv, alarms and just sleep.

i had to do that yesterday. i've been running myself ragged at work and after doing 10 hours yesterday, i turned off all my alarms and everything, and slept about 11 hours. i really needed it cuz i've been sleeping in 4-5 hour increments for about a week now.

and if you don't have them already, invest in some blackout blinds for your bedroom.

brought this from the last thread

yeah krypton, when you get home, turn off your cell phone, tv, alarms and just sleep.

i had to do that yesterday. i've been running myself ragged at work and after doing 10 hours yesterday, i turned off all my alarms and everything, and slept about 11 hours. i really needed it cuz i've been sleeping in 4-5 hour increments for about a week now.

and if you don't have them already, invest in some blackout blinds for your bedroom.

brought this from the last thread

You are a sweetie. Thanks for the concern. Unfortunately I live in the basement apt. of a Brownstone with no windows and since it's daytime, most people are at work so I am actually usually not dealing with sounds, plus, cuz it's a basement my cell service is crap and I actually miss many calls. I don't know why this sleep issue has arisen these last few days. I hope this corrects itself. Again, thanks for the concern.

That's what they WANT you to think. :sus

Speaking of art, how goes the attempt at reviving those threads going CC?

not too good, i'm afraid. i've added the contest thread to my sig and i've told people they should participate just for fun. no one has to be a pro to play. heck, people could use their homemade costumes or pumpkin carvings as an entry, they're art. lol

i guess when i get more time, i'm going to have to go delve into the fandom boards as it appears most of the artists have wandered that way.

You are a sweetie. Thanks for the concern. Unfortunately I live in the basement apt. of a Brownstone with no windows and since it's daytime, most people are at work so I am actually usually not dealing with sounds, plus, cuz it's a basement my cell service is crap and I actually miss many calls. I don't know why this sleep issue has arisen these last few days. I hope this corrects itself. Again, thanks for the concern.

no problem. maybe a change in your diet? more caffeine than usual or something? obviously i'm not a doctor haha

man, i've read 41 books so far this year. my goal is 50. i need some new books to add to my to-read list

Any recomendations of newcomics i shoudl get? Im a hige spiderman fan so im collecting MARVEL NOW amazing spider-man series at the moment, what other series should i collect which are part of MARVEL NOW? i like iron man, captain america, hulk and guardians of the galaxy exept there are already like 15 issues in each, any reccomendations, only MARVEL please.

i haven't read comics in years, and i think the only spidey issues i ever read were the ultimate run when it first came out, sorry i'm not much help there

i haven't read comics in years, and i think the only spidey issues i ever read were the ultimate run when it first came out, sorry i'm not much help there

yeh i have the first 3 years of ultimate and they are amazing!

yeh i have the first 3 years of ultimate and they are amazing!

i own a couple, including the gwen stacy one, and of course the crossovers into Ultimate X. i have almost the complete run. Man, that's a series that had so much potential as a reboot. loved the first 2 arcs

i own a couple, including the gwen stacy one, and of course the crossovers into Ultimate X. i have almost the complete run. Man, that's a series that had so much potential as a reboot. loved the first 2 arcs

yeh well the stories are pretty much exactly the same as the amazing spiderman movies cause the movies are based on ultimate comics

i used to wish for a live action x-men show with the first season focusing on the first 5, finding them, learning their powers, training, dealing with it all, and culminating in the season finale being the battle with magneto, or the mid season climax.

eh, a girl can dream

man, i've read 41 books so far this year. my goal is 50. i need some new books to add to my to-read list
I've read almost 90. Burning through all those freebies on my Kindle. :p

i used to wish for a live action x-men show with the first season focusing on the first 5, finding them, learning their powers, training, dealing with it all, and culminating in the season finale being the battle with magneto, or the mid season climax.

eh, a girl can dream

Yeh but as if the cartoon x-men wasnt awesome enough :D and the movies are also all great exept for last stand but dofp and first class were amazing! First Class is propably my favorite x-men movie to date :D

Cowboys beat the Saints, CC's Jaguars lose again, and The Walking Dead premiere was cool. I'm going to bed after an Ice Cube day.

Yeh but as if the cartoon x-men wasnt awesome enough :D and the movies are also all great exept for last stand but dofp and first class were amazing! First Class is propably my favorite x-men movie to date :D

i think x2 is still my favorite

although i did like First Class and DoFP.

and i finally finished watching Wolverine and the X-Men on netflix the other night. i liked a lot of things about it, some things i didn't like but overall it was decent

Cowboys beat the Saints, CC's Jaguars lose again, and The Walking Dead premiere was cool. I'm going to bed after an Ice Cube day.

since when am i a Jags fan? :huh:

the walking dead comics will suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95