I Started a Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks saying they aren't going to watch BvS?

5BBWoGt.gif

Okay, now give one a funny hat.

Like what? A beer hat? The main character is leaving a town in rural Georgia soon so I can have him pick up something as a souvenir. I already had him get beat up by a midget.

Edit:Sorry, Dwarf. And she's already beat up two other guys for making short jokes.

Last edited:
Considering what happened to Reek, I'd say it's not anywhere near as bad. :o

I watched the Donner Supes films back in the day but never really cared about the character. I always loved Batman though, I think I was 6 or 7 when I went to see Batman '89 and I absolutely loved Batman: TAS and Beyond growing up. I'm also fairly certain I went to every Batman film released in theaters and enjoyed them for the most part since I was young. I also used to love reruns of the '66 Batman growing up too. But when it came to comics I was all about Marvel and the X-Men were my sheezy. I'm def a lot more open to the DC stuff since I didn't grow up reading it like my Marvel stuff which is why I could care less if Supes kills a couple dudes or whatever stuff they want to pull. This is why I also enjoyed season 3 of Arrow for the most part and going by the Arrow sub-forrum last season that is not a popular opinion.

Superman murders lots of people. Look at the various cartoons and comics. He killed those evil Kryptonians way back when, he killed Doomsday (who got better), he lobotomized everybody in the alternate universe JL cartoon and in Red Son, he killed lots of people in Injustice. See he's just a happy murder machine.

Superman murders lots of people. Look at the various cartoons and comics. He killed those evil Kryptonians way back when, he killed Doomsday (who got better), he lobotomized everybody in the alternate universe JL cartoon and in Red Son, he killed lots of people in Injustice. See he's just a happy murder machine.

He's the happy murder machine, not that we deserved, but the one that we needed

Also in the 1950s show, etc etc. There's absolutely precedence for a Superman who kills and I'd never argue otherwise. The thing is, that's not the version of Superman I want to see. I want to see the golden hearted guy who wouldn't hurt a fly, the one who inspires hope and is the superhero all other superheroes aspire to be. I had numerous other issues with Man of Steel, but the fact he killed Zod (when he didn't have to, on top of it) completely turned me off.

Mostly I just feel like they had the opportunity to deliver a great inspirational hero, the kind you'd leave the theater having a little more faith in humanity than when you went in. Instead the whole grimdark thing worked wonders for Batman so they slapped it on Superman as well -and I really can't fault them, MoS is a popular movie, it worked in as much as it was a success and a lot of people love it. It's not for me though.

(also, just quickly because I could rant and rave about this all day, it would have been refreshing to get a movie superhero who didn't kill for a change)

Did Green Lantern kill anybody in his movie besides that fear smoke thingy?

He's the happy murder machine, not that we deserved, but the one that we needed

Then we can have Vampire Batman and they can live happily forever after until Bruce tries to bite Clark in anger and gets dusted.

Yeah. I personally think he made the right decision killing Zod, because I personally wouldn't want to just lock up someone as powerful as him and risk him getting out and causing more mayhem. I think that's what sets him apart from Batman who will NEVER kill anyone regardless of the circumstances, because frankly he's a selfish ******* who'd rather abide by his own principles than save potentially thousands of other people from the Joker, whereas Superman, if he has absolutely no other option, has the inner fortitude to make that choice.

Yeah but did anyone besides us and whatever it was die?

Yeah. I personally think he made the right decision killing Zod, because I personally wouldn't want to just lock up someone as powerful as him and risk him getting out and causing more mayhem. I think that's what sets him apart from Batman who will NEVER kill anyone regardless of the circumstances, because frankly he's a selfish ******* who'd rather abide by his own principles than save potentially thousands of other people from the Joker, whereas Superman, if he has absolutely no other option, has the inner fortitude to make that choice.

Well the worse thing about Batman and the Joker is that despite other people trying to kill the Joker, he won't let them do it either. There was something where the Joker was going to be executed for a crime he didn't commit and Batman basically pulled him out of the chair and said 'He didn't do this one thing you're going to kill him for despite doing dozens of things far more heinous so knock it off'.

Well the worse thing about Batman and the Joker is that despite other people trying to kill the Joker, he won't let them do it either. There was something where the Joker was going to be executed for a crime he didn't commit and Batman basically pulled him out of the chair and said 'He didn't do this one thing you're going to kill him for despite doing dozens of things far more heinous so knock it off'.

I feel like DC should let Bryan Fuller write a Batman comic.

Yeah but did anyone besides us and whatever it was die?

BINGO! That's what's so fascinating about the Batman/Joker relationship; it's very symbiotic in the sense that they need each other in order to survive. I personally feel that a really good concept for a graphic novel/miniseries would explore what happens to Batman after the Joker dies. How does he move on with his life, and can he survive without his arch-nemesis whom he has been dancing this dance with for so many years that it's like an addiction? I'd like to see someone like tackle that.

...I need this. :funny:

Did Green Lantern kill anybody in his movie besides that fear smoke thingy?

You mean Galactus? It was pretty daring of Fox and WB to try and do a Green Lantern/Fantastic Four crossover. :o

Goddammit. That just made sense. :doh:

It would probably end up like Marvelman/Miracleman or whatever Alan Moore writes. Might wind up more like a Neil Gaiman story though. I'd buy it.

BINGO! That's what's so fascinating about the Batman/Joker relationship; it's very symbiotic in the sense that they need each other in order to survive. I personally feel that a really good concept for a graphic novel/miniseries would explore what happens to Batman after the Joker dies. How does he move on with his life, and can he survive without his arch-nemesis whom he has been dancing this dance with for so many years that it's like an addiction? I'd like to see someone like tackle that.

Well the new Batman game does a pretty good job of tackling that exact subject matter

They kind of did do that with the Dark Knight Returns. The Joker went into a coma after Batman quit and only came out after he came back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"