Lucifer Lucifer General Discussion

I agree with everything you've said @Donner , especially that one element that they really shouldn't have included.

I'd still like to know what was so special about Chloe too. She was blessed after all; by Amenadiel. But why? It can't have been about Rory, because then Linda would also need to have been blessed, and that was never mentioned.

Thus, what was so special about Chloe?

Also, with the power of God, wouldn't it be possible to allow anyone to become more? Why couldn't God make Chloe immortal?

I agree with everything you've said @Donner , especially that one element that they really shouldn't have included.

I'd still like to know what was so special about Chloe too. She was blessed after all; by Amenadiel. But why? It can't have been about Rory, because then Linda would also need to have been blessed, and that was never mentioned.

Thus, what was so special about Chloe?

Also, with the power of God, wouldn't it be possible to allow anyone to become more? Why couldn't God make Chloe immortal?

As I understand it, God wanted to create a woman that was immune to Lucifer's charms so he could connect with humanity in a different way (i.e. Not just having sex with them). But i think her miracle status and having to deal with celestial crap for years should have been rewarded with maybe an immortal body like Lucifer's so she could visit Trixie and Rory on earth? Maybe even super strength because she liked that. Or hell, WINGS.

As I understand it, God wanted to create a woman that was immune to Lucifer's charms so he could connect with humanity in a different way (i.e. Not just having sex with them). But i think her miracle status and having to deal with celestial crap for years should have been rewarded with maybe an immortal body like Lucifer's so she could visit Trixie and Rory on earth? Maybe even super strength because she liked that. Or hell, WINGS.
I think I'd have drawn the line there, hah, but I do think she should've been granted immortality at the very least. The problem though; where does it end?

There's nothing special about Trixie, so when she dies, she'll (presumably) end up in heaven; same with Linda and Ella. If everyone Chloe knows and cares for eventually isn't on Earth, then I guess what's the point of her being on Earth? If she can travel between Heaven and Hell, then maybe that's enough? Although she's presumably now only in spirit form (unlike Lucifer who's always been in his form).

Rory should have the ability to travel off world too; she turned up in Hell on her opening, so she's obviously not bound to Earth.

I think I'd have drawn the line there, hah, but I do think she should've been granted immortality at the very least. The problem though; where does it end?

There's nothing special about Trixie, so when she dies, she'll (presumably) end up in heaven; same with Linda and Ella. If everyone Chloe knows and cares for eventually isn't on Earth, then I guess what's the point of her being on Earth? If she can travel between Heaven and Hell, then maybe that's enough? Although she's presumably now only in spirit form (unlike Lucifer who's always been in his form).

Rory should have the ability to travel off world too; she turned up in Hell on her opening, so she's obviously not bound to Earth.

I thought about that, too. By the time Chloe dies, everyone else is likely dead or close to as well so earth doesn't have the same pull. I guess I just have a hard time with dead bodies that are like human. Can they get drunk? Do they get the same pleasure out of food? Is sex an intense experience? I just wonder if Lucifer and Chloe can have the same pleasures and excitements that earth offered in the afterlife.

But then I remember that Adam grew facial hair, got fat, watched ESPN, and did drugs in heaven so I guess it's just like earth.

Rory can go wherever she wants as I understand it.

I thought about that, too. By the time Chloe dies, everyone else is likely dead or close to as well so earth doesn't have the same pull. I guess I just have a hard time with dead bodies that are like human. Can they get drunk? Do they get the same pleasure out of food? Is sex an intense experience? I just wonder if Lucifer and Chloe can have the same pleasures and excitements that earth offered in the afterlife.

But then I remember that Adam grew facial hair, got fat, watched ESPN, and did drugs in heaven so I guess it's just like earth.
Makes you wonder just what the point of Earth is, huh? :p

Heaven must have it's limitations in any case; can one just eat and eat and eat without putting on weight? One would think so, but then what's the point of that? Can one make new heavenly friends and interactions? Or are souls limited to interacting with people they've known before? Just how vast is Heaven?

And as you've said, if one is just a soul, then what's the interaction with someone else like? I figure a soul could mingle with another soul, along with an Angel or Demon, but not with a human, so Dan and Charlotte for example can get up to all-sorts, as can Chloe and Lucifer, but not Dan/Chloe and Trixie (at least not until she dies - but at what age does she then appear in heaven?)

A lot of understandable open-ended speculation.

I enjoyed the finale even though it had the whole LotR ending after ending feeling. Still, I definitely agree about the comparisons between Lucifer and Amenadiel.

Makes you wonder just what the point of Earth is, huh? :p

Heaven must have it's limitations in any case; can one just eat and eat and eat without putting on weight? One would think so, but then what's the point of that? Can one make new heavenly friends and interactions? Or are souls limited to interacting with people they've known before? Just how vast is Heaven?

And as you've said, if one is just a soul, then what's the interaction with someone else like? I figure a soul could mingle with another soul, along with an Angel or Demon, but not with a human, so Dan and Charlotte for example can get up to all-sorts, as can Chloe and Lucifer, but not Dan/Chloe and Trixie (at least not until she dies - but at what age does she then appear in heaven?)

A lot of understandable open-ended speculation.

YES. That's the issue I've been having since I watched the ending. We're led to believe this entire series that the finite lives of humans on earth are precious, more precious than the eternal existence of angels' lives. Lucifer even tells his dad that his long life was hopeless before he met Chloe. And by the end we're told "meh" what's an earthy life compared to eternity? Linda gave Amenadiel hell for saying that angels are better than humans and he learned to appreciate humans more. But Rory split her parents up and used the excuse that its just a blip. Yeah for her and Lucifer maybe but 50 years is half of Chloe's entire existence. Rude much.

Also, as a women, I hate this idea that you have to earn your eternal happiness by suffering. Maze, Linda's daughter, Chloe, Trixie, and Rory all had to grow up without at least one parental figure. They all suffered, Trixie twice because her dad died and then her father figure left. But Charlie, the only male child on the show, gets to grow up with both parents. I see a pattern and I despise it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"