Lucifer Netflix Revives Lucifer for Season 4

Just a fair warning in advance, some major spoilers here (I skipped some stuff because I considered it was too spoilerish)

First of all, we're getting 10 'plot heavy' episodes with zero filler eps between them.

There's a month or two time skip between the end of S3 and the beginning of S4 and apparently in the meantime Chloe and Lucifer had not interacted at all.

Each character will deal with repercussions from S3…like for instance, Lucifer himself in this season will be a lot darker, Eve (a new, recurring character) will try to bring forth his old, darker side. And there's this issue with his devil face and why did it return at that very specific time (because at the end of S3, Lucifer didn't know his devil face had returned) – is it because he killed a man? Is it because he liked it? At some point in 4x05 also gets shoot protecting Chloe and gets taken to the hospital…

Chloe now must face the truth that her roommate is a demon and that Morningstar really is the devil. She has a sense of responsibility as a mother and thus keeps her distance from both Lucifer and Maze. She decides to turn to a new character, Father Kinley, who has his own dark plans towards Lucifer and rumour has it, he's trying to manipulate Chloe against him.

Father Kinley is kind of obsessed with this prophecy having to do with the Devil walking the earth and finding his first love. And when that happens evil will be released upon the world. He truly believes that.

Dan blames Lucifer because Charlotte Richards is dead. He's really going to be wrestling with his demons. Because, of course, he’ll have a ton of anger in the wake of Charlotte’s death. He’ll find himself wondering if he’s just been playing ‘the good cop’ and that maybe Pierce was right about him all along when he said, 'You’re the corrupt cop'

We're also being introduced to a completely new Ella, apparently darker, more 'sex & rock'nroll type (as quoted by the actress) and she's going to continue questioning her religious beliefs. She starts spiralling because she's lost her rock in God. Although we will never meet new members of her family, we'll see more of her - physically and emotionally - this season. Also (lol) there's an episode where Lucifer and Ella go to a nudist camp and we see her naked. The actress happily pointed that out.

Linda is going to have Amenadiel's baby and it is rumoured that Lucifer and Amenadiel's sister Remiel (played by Vinessa Vidotto, who is set to appear in a few episodes) will try to kill the nephilim baby. The last two episodes are according to bts photos extremely action filled with a lot of cgi usage.

Overall this season is supposed to be way darker, more dramatic, more cantered around supernatural elements, which is definitely something I'm looking forward to.

Sounds good. Less focus on the tired as **** cop procedural formula and more focus on adult themes and character progression is what this show needed.

It feels like there was a bit of a bump in budget. Looking forward to it.

Its out now, haven't started it, but I did see one spoiler.

You get to see Tom Ellis' butt

Im at episode 4 and god damn this show, i love it.
I just love the characters and all, its not as supernatural as i always hope but the characters make up for that.

I already know that i need a season 5 and 6 and 7 and 8 of this.
Netflix is the right place for this show and i hope Netflix sees this too.

Im at episode 4 and god damn this show, i love it.
I just love the characters and all, its not as supernatural as i always hope but the characters make up for that.

I already know that i need a season 5 and 6 and 7 and 8 of this.
Netflix is the right place for this show and i hope Netflix sees this too.
I finished this season, and I agree, I would love more, but the finale felt like a Series Finale to me, unfortunately.

I finished Episode 2 & I will finish the rest tomorrow. But did the writers forget that Lucifer does know why Chloe is his weakness ? Did he lie about it to her when he said he had no clue ? Or are the writers Game Of Thrones like idiots ?

I finished this season, and I agree, I would love more, but the finale felt like a Series Finale to me, unfortunately.

Would suck because i just want my happy endings to be honest, but they prepared for everything.
I doubt its the series finale, the way people praise it and how well this season is accepted by the people, wouldnt be a smart decision to end it there...but who knows.
Stranger things have happened, the fans will definitly be campaigning for a season 5...and if that is even close to what they got going to save the show, then season 5 is highly likey.
But yeah, it could work as series finale...lets hope its not.
There is still so much potential in the show.

I finished Episode 2 & I will finish the rest tomorrow. But did the writers forget that Lucifer does know why Chloe is his weakness ? Did he lie about it to her when he said he had no clue ? Or are the writers Game Of Thrones like idiots ?

When did he found out the why?
I cant really remember it outside of chloe seemingly being part of gods plan and all.

Respectfully, this is unnecessary - and unfair - commentary. First, it’s off-topic. Second, it assumes that everyone’s in agreement with the stated premise. Third, if someone were to engage and disagree with the premise, they’d be guilty of being off-topic, themselves. But avoiding that trap means that the original comment stands unchallenged. (Thus, the unfairness.)

As for your on-topic question: We know that a) Chloe has always been immune to Lucifer’s preternatural powers of persuasion and b) Chloe’s presence makes Lucifer physically vulnerable. (This second weakness manifested later - coinciding with their evolving romantic tension.) So the in-universe assumption is that Amenadiel’s divine intervention in Chloe’s conception and birth is the reason she has power over Lucifer. But only God knows (literally) why this is the case. As far as I recall, no other character (not Lucifer, not Amenadiel) is privy to God’s plan or motives with respect to Chloe.

VLine has learned exclusively that Netflix is in talks with Warner Bros. Television to extend the hellacious drama’s lifespan beyond the previously announced (and forthcoming) fifth and “final” season. Netflix and Warner Bros. have yet to comment on the Season 6 buzz.

While I don't keep up with Lucifer, I'm very pleased that the show has found its second wind through Netflix and that the higher-ups hope to keep it going.

That and, hopefully, they find a way to have Constantine pop up to tie the knot from Lucifer's surprise appearance on Crisis.

That and, hopefully, they find a way to have Constantine pop up to tie the knot from Lucifer's surprise appearance on Crisis.
Whilst Lucifer appearing in the Arrowverse was brilliant, I'm not so sure how it would work the other way around. Earth-666's Lucifer, whilst being played by the same actor, in the same setting, could have been a completely unique one, and one that's apart from the Netflix version.

If you introduce John Constantine into the Netflix show, then you kinda' have to indirectly deal with the fact that the Flash, Superman and Hell (as portrayed on Legends) exists, and I just think that'll be too much.

The crisis cameo was great, but lets not ruin it.

Man, i made my peace with this fantastic show ending and now they come in here with "We might not be done with it"...not cool, not cool.
Now im all hopefull again, dont toy with me on this.

Would love if the show would continue but damn would it throw a wrench into their plans.
They did this season 5 as the finale despite having i think 9-10 seasons planned out.

But anyway, hopefully they decide on it soon...cant get enough of lucifer.

Would love if the show would continue but damn would it throw a wrench into their plans. They did this season 5 as the finale despite having i think 9-10 [episodes] planned out.

When Netflix announced the 5th and final season, the order was for 10 episodes (same as season 4). Then, this was upped to 16 episodes - to be split into two halves.

Apparently, as of early this year, the scripts for the “final” episodes were completed and ready to shoot. But if rumors of a 6th season pan out, there will be (as you say) some major, last minute revisions… :ebr:

i would be happy with another season. i keep wanting to marathon this show from the beginning again

i just finished watching from the beginning about a week ago. i'm ready lol

Season 5 hits in August. I would post the video, but it has butts.

Super happy but sad too.
Nobody wants a show they like, end...like ever.
But 6 seasons seems like a good time to end this.
Okay they could have ended it with 666 episodes too, but i think thats 31 seasons and no show should have 31 seasons. XD

Anyway, August seems to become a super awesome month.
The DC event, Lucifer returns...man why do we need to have july before XD

S5 trailer is out. Interesting twist!

Super awesome, i was wondering what direction the season would go.
Should make for a fun ride.

I already know that i will be incredible sad when the show ends after season 6 because season 4 showed well how you could go a more supernatural direction and still work.
There is enough in the tank to have a 8-10 season run.
But life isn a wishverse...we take what we get and i will enjoy every minute of season 5 and 6.

God damn, for a second there i thought maybe they would have announced that it would return.
Because i havent said it, but i wasnt happy with how it ended.
Like absolutely not at all happy with how it ended.

Still, cool to see that the show still gets viewers.

i'd been putting it off for a while, but i finally watched the last two episodes last night.

i'm trying not to dwell on it, as i loved the show so much, but i really don't like how it ended. there's no feasible way to me that lucifer and chloe deserved that ending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"