Luke Cage Luke Cage General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chamber-music

Infinity Ammo
Reaction score
A thread to discuss Luke Cage or as his known to his mother Carl Lucas :cwink:

What do you think the show should cover?

Luke Cage has one of the more interesting backstories in comics. His origin is like Boys In The Hood meets The Shawshank Redemption meets Payback meets The Fugative.

The show could cover Cage teenage years doing petty crime for deformed Harlem crime lord Sonny Caputo in his gang The Rivals and their rivalry with The Diablos gang. The strain his gang life puts on his family and Cage eventually leaving the life behind when he sees fellow gang member Stryker stab a Diablos gang member.

Willis Stryker's rising through the criminal underworld, the maggia hit in which Willis is saved by Cage and his girlfriend Reve leaving him which he blames on Cage and sets up his betrayal.

Cage time in Seagate Prison and his torture by racist sadist guard Rackham. Dr. Noah Burstein Super-Soldier variant experiment which leads to Cage getting his powers. Cage escape and becoming a costumed hero for hire. Cage investigation into who set him up, finally finding out it was Stryker and facing off against him. Cage eventually clearing his name and reconciling with his brother and father. Teaming up with Iron Fist.

Last edited:
They should hire Nicolas Cage to play a villain on the show. You know he'd want to do it, since he named himself after Luke Cage. :D

I kind of want to see them cameo some of the terrible Luke Cage villains from the 70's into the show like Mr Fish and Black Mariah.

Who doesn't want to see a mutated man fish and obese drug lord granny :funny:
download.jpg

mrfishffma1.jpg

download_1.jpg

PMIF88_Black_Mariah.jpg

They should hire Nicolas Cage to play a villain on the show. You know he'd want to do it, since he named himself after Luke Cage. :D

I for one vote yes. Let him do what he does best and just go bat***** insane.

They won't be able to do a "villian of the week" concept with these shows.

I wonder how much interaction there will between them during their own series? Regardless, this is going to be the coolest thing to EVER happen on TV....unless its not.

I don't want villain of the week, I want a few recurring villains and an overarching villain. no reason why nicolas cage can't be one of them

I think who set up Luke Cage up and clearing his name could be a good over arc of his series.

Nicolas Cage could play the sadistic guard that accidentally gives Luke Cage powers while trying to sabotage the experiment.

Nicolas Cage could play the sadistic guard that accidentally gives Luke Cage powers while trying to sabotage the experiment.

Haha, yeah that would be good. It would guarantee an epic death scene for Nick.

So we are in agreement that terry crews should play Luke cage right?

Nah, I want someone unknown. But if I had to pick someone I'd go with Michael Jai White(although he might be a little too old)

Crews is ideal Luke Cage IMO. I'd like to see Cage be a little older than Iron Fist and Daredevil. Other suitable choices could be Morris Chestnut or Henry Simmons.

I'm most familiar with Cage and his back story. This has the potential to be something epic. Really looking forward to seeing how this turns out

Terry Crews is too old and has already said he isn't interested in playing Cage. Also Crews is probably too busy filming Brooklyn Nine Nine which is filmed in LA and Cage is going to be filmed in New York City.

Lance Gross would be my pick.
images.jpg

The show will not work if its Cage alone. The show must have an ensemble cast like HEROES. It needs that kind of formula to keep people watching. Also I think his origin would have to be radically changed. Make Cage a former marine that was sent to prison on trumped up charges stemming from a blown CIA operation in Afghanistan. Have a mad Shield scientists run experiments trying to replicate the super solider serum on inmates and out comes Cage. He escapes and gets his revenge on the CIA commander (al'a Bourne style) and is put into a situation like Burn Notice where he is made to stay put in New York and forced to be part of a team that can help him clear his name.

Also yes Terry Crews is Waaaay too old.

I think Omari hardwick is the closet choice or a new talent;

PageImage-485033-3701785-OmariHardwick_Standing.jpg

So, here's a question:

Do you want Luke to be a fugitive on the run ( and/or under an assumed name ) at the outset? Or do you want him to actually be a free man, with his sentence finished, at the outset?

He already has a connection to the MCU in a way.

For those who have not seen the latest Marvel One Shot, beware of the spoiler tag.

Luke Cage is in Seagate Prison where Trevor Slattery and Justin Hammer reside.

SWEET CHRISTMAS!! It's about time!
SHO-NUFF IT HAS!! about time luke gets his due! and as for villians i wanna see really the dude that use to be a real threat working with the Maggia Bush master who later becomes Power Master after making the dude that gave luke his powers do the same for him

powermaster3.jpg

or Chemistro
chemistrocarrcalvin1.jpg

or Hammer or Anvil
MFAN29_vsHammerAnvil.jpg

Man i am excited about this!
YEAH BABY!!

I want Luke Cage to be going to a retro themed costume party at some point, for whatever reason, and he shows up with the afro wig, tiara and the whole Power Man suit.

SHO-NUFF IT HAS!! about time luke gets his due! and as for villians i wanna see really the dude that use to be a real threat working with the Maggia Bush master who later becomes Power Master after making the dude that gave luke his powers do the same for him

powermaster3.jpg

I've always considered the Bushmaster family Cage's arch-enemies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"