The Batman Mad Hatter casting thread

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by Invader Joker, Nov 10, 2019.

1. RokMeAmadeus Registered

Only the greatest movie of all time, cinematic masterpiece The Room (2003) directed/written by/starring auteur Tommy Wiseau

2. JubJub86 Registered

Wiseau for Hatter indeed!

3. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

4. JubJub86 Registered

Like Oprah. But cooler.

5. Mindreaper21 ?????

I know. It’s all good.

6. Lautox Johnny Slick

So Mad hatter was cut from the script?

7. shauner111 Registered

Or never in the script.

C Prometheus and Lautox like this.
  8. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Was there ever actual evidence he was in the movie in the first place?

( Seriously: people need to be more willing to consider that a rumor being wrong just means the rumor was wrong. )

9. Art Vandelay Registered

[​IMG]

10. WatchProtect Registered

I'm pretty sure we had genuinely realiable people saying he was in the film like VA and KC Walsh. At least at some point.

11. shauner111 Registered

They’re only reliable when they have the right source.

12. WatchProtect Registered

I dont think they've even been wrong though have they?

13. shauner111 Registered

They’re not gods. Scoopers are wrong more times than not.

14. Invader Joker Registered

KC Walsh literally said the batsuit would be blue and grey with a yellow symbol at around the same time.

The Vafrous, AndyTrevino and Lautox like this.
  15. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

If someone is "only reliable when they have a good source", and its impossible to tell *beforehand* whether they have a good source? Then they are not, in fact, reliable.

Doubly so when you factor in how many "successful scoops" hinge upon a very dubious definition of "success" reliant more on paradolia than accuracy. If I predict the sun will rise in the east tomorrow, that doesn't mean I have insider access to the heavens.

Basically, you need to take a very skeptical eye to "leaks", and especially claimed "correct" leaks. Of those alleged 'correct' leaks, how many of them were actually unexpected, versus being intelligent guesses? How many were were specific and precise, versus being vague enough that lots of things could make them 'correct'? How many of them were actually even new at all, versus being based on preexisting public information? And most important of all: how many *incorrect* 'leaks' did a given scoopster make for every 'correct' one?

16. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

was thinking if this or other characters like him were used (that specialize in mind control/ hypnotism or mind manipulation) what if as a representation of such ability they instead find a way to hack his contact-lens

making him see things that may not be there (or other misinformation) or even just adding doctored/fake footage to the replay (so when Bruce re-watches the records, he thinks he did something he doesn't remember)

as a way of making him question himself/ question his sanity... create self doubt

so, he's more subjective to such manipulation (maybe even frame him or other wise set him up to take the fall for their crimes)

17. AndyTrevino This says a lot about our society

18. blaberskite Registered

19. blaberskite Registered

Always thought Toby Jones would be a good choice. But whoever they pick Hatter is an interesting bad guy that done right could be great and start to show general audiences the variety in the rogues gallery.

20. shauner111 Registered

Toby Jones bores me.

Art Vandelay, AndyTrevino and Lautox like this.
  21. Lautox Johnny Slick

Melling for Hatter I don't have an other choice

shauner111, AndyTrevino and WayneMB like this.
  22. ArmsHeldOut Registered

AndyTrevino likes this.
  23. shauner111 Registered

He’d make for a better Hatter than Freeze.

AndyTrevino likes this.
  24. Art Vandelay Registered

I have a feeling I may have proposed here before, but I was thinking of possible real life inspirations for some of Batman's villains, and thought of some for the Mad Hatter.

When I was a kid, there was a kids birthday party room called The Mad Hatter's Tea Room. It was the brainchild of a local real estate developer named Harry Stinson. The main concept behind the place was no rules, no adults allowed. If that sounds sketchy, it was.

[​IMG]

While I never went, my sister did, and it was the type of place I'd often hear about on the school yard. Years later I'd discover the place was actually not nearly as magical a place as I thought it was, and more like a ratchet Chuck E. Cheese, usually found in seedy strip malls. Kids were picked up in a "limo" (in actuality, an old hearse), the staff were made up of surely teenagers, and one of the activities included "shopping cart" bumper cars. A common description of The Mad Hatter was that it was a lawsuit waiting to happen.

But this is my idea for the Mad Hatter. Instead of the going the obvious route with him being another serial killer, I'd make him a seedy club owner, with a club and image based on Alice in Wonderland. Think club kid, Michael Alig, meets Steve Rubell, Studio 54 meets 90's rave scene. I don't see him being the lead villain in any movie, but I could see him being a regular, possibly on the Penguin show. In fact, I could see him being a possible rival to Penguin, on the club scene.

Samuel Blenkin is an actor who recently appeared on Atlanta, and he has the type of looks that come to mind when I think of the Hatter.

[​IMG]

#174 Art Vandelay, May 29, 2022
    Last edited: May 29, 2022
    AndyTrevino and Lautox like this.