The 'Pitch Your Reboot' Thread

Excel

O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay
Reaction score
With the impending end of the Nolan era, the franchise is in need of new direction. Pitch your ideas HERE. Who is the crew, who is the cast, what is the story, what is the title, when do you want it out, etc. Is it part of a bigger plan?

Here is mine. Trying to be creative; I will let it play out kinda/sorta like news breaking. The story is all done, Ill show it at the end like its a film release.

@SHH
W.B. rebooting Batman, hire Guillermo Del Toro to helm new film #DarkKnightReturns

W.B. Officially Announce Del Toro as Nolan Heir
Los Angeles- Warner Brothers today announced that acclaimed director Guillermo Del Toro will direct a new live action feature film of the Batman character. Said W.B. President Jeff Rubinov, "Any time you have the chance to combine a visionary talent such as GDT, with the rebirth of one your real flagship franchises, such as Batman, you jump at it. Our introduction of Batman could not be in better hands". What sold the studio execs on GDT? "He has a long, impressive history which frankly speaks for itself. Getting candid, he gave a marvelous presentation of his ideas. We're very much on the same page and extremely excited to see him lead the franchise in the new direction its heading".

Del Toro searching for his Bruce Wayne, story in place
Word is spreading that casting is officially underway for the GDT Batman movie. Numerous actors are said to be up for the role, all of varying ages, but we have to keep their identity as wrap. Also, we can exclusively reveal that the script is ALL SET.

@SHH
Breaking Mega News: Ryan Gosling new Batman, comes next year in 2017. #Dies

W.B. Announce Gosling, Title, Release Date for Batman
Just 6 months after Guillermo Del Toro officially signed onto direct the new Batman movie for W.B., he has chosen his Batman. Oscar winner and box office super star RYAN GOSLING will don the cape in cowl in what is officially titled "THE BATMAN".
ryan-gosling-save-woman.jpg

Certainly has the chin (and brooding expression) for the part!
'The Batman' will open on July 14th, 2017.

GDT babbles about new Batman
In a recent interview, GDT was unusually revealing about his upcoming batman movie. "Obviously, I am thrilled Ryan is on board. He was my number one choice, and loved the script. We will make magic together. Obviously, following in the footsteps of christopher nolan and Christian Bale is an enormous task, so we are not going to try and replicate what they did, rather we will do something different. Prior to them taking over, the franchise had gotten bizarrely fantastical, and they needed to ground it in realism. We're going to return the franchise to the comic booky, fantastical elements a bit more than they did, though certainly nothing to the extent of the Schumacher films. So the tone will be different. But the story will too. His trilogy was very much one large story. We will be taking it one film at a time. This is no origin movie, and is not related to the previous franchise, though at the same time, if one wishes to connect them, they can. Everything is very linear. Our film will takes place with an establish Batman and established characters. Think a random episode of Batman: TAS. That is all I can say right now! We will have some exciting new info to release soon, so sit tight!"

@SHH
Johnny Depp joins Gosling in 'The Batman', to play the Riddler! #holyhunksBatman

Hollywood Icon Johnny Depp to portray 'The Riddler' in The Batman
Los Angeles: Global box office super star Johnny Depp has signed onto to the play the villainous, scheming Riddler in Guillermo Del Toro's THE BATMAN, Warner Brothers rebooting of the mega franchise. Ryan Gosling has already been announced as Batman/Bruce Wayne.
johnny-depp-riddler.jpg

@SHH
Rachel McAdams is Silver St. Cloud in "The Batman", costarring with former flame Ryan Gosling. #Notebook2
rachel-mcadams.jpg

More Casting for GDT "The Batman"
Anthony Hopkins has joined the cast as loyal butler Alfred, while Chris Cooper will portray Police Commissioner Jim Gordon.

@SHH
Robin Williams is The Penguin 'The Batman' #DreamsDoComeTru

@SHH
MAJOR news coming regarding THE BATMAN. Shocking.
@SHH
You guessed. Robin is in the movie. Liam Hemsworth to play the "Boy Wonder". #stunner

The final (noteworthy) members of THE BATMAN
(in order of billing)
Ryan Gosling - Bruce Wayne / Batman
Johnny Depp - Edward Nygma / The Riddler
Rachel McAdams - Silver. St. Cloud
Liam Hemsworth - Dick Grayson / Robin
Robin Williams - Oswald Cobblepot / The Penguin
Chris Cooper - Commissioner James Gordon
Anthony Hopkins - Alfred

Concept Art & details leak about THE BATMAN
*THE BATMAN will feature a return to the comic booky batcave, batmobile, etc.

Here are some pictures of Gotham City, the batmobile, and the batsuit.
Gotham_City_(Burtonverse)_02.jpg

Gotham%20City%20Concept%20Art.jpg

20.jpg

Gotham is huge, gross, dirty, futuristic.

The Batsuit - strong, flexable, intimidating looking.
DC_Comic__s_Batman__Stealth_by_skywarp_2.png

^, but with this logo:

97-97004_bat_batman_logo_prod

The Batmobile - with fins added. Sleek, strong, and fast.
MiguelLopez-batmobile.jpg

The Batcave - huge, advanced. underground fortress.
batcave_sketch_by_nebezial.jpg

Batcave_010.jpg

W.B. Release Teaser Poster for "The Batman"
batman-riddler-poster.jpg

the final poster would be an updated version of this

batman_poster_by_drmierzwiak-d3eytff.jpg

Plot details for THE BATMAN leak
Ok, we have the script, it rocks.
Lets get to the setting:
1. Batman is established, it's a comic book come to life basically. He is an real urban legend to the public - someone known to exist, but rarely seen. Borderline impossible to track. Commissioner James Gordon has a very, very discreet, hush - hush relationship with him, though to the public he condemns The Batman and demands his surrender. Batman has a fully functioning batcave, with Batmobile, Batbike, Bat-helicopter Batwing and batboat - all of which makes appearance in the colossal movie. Batman less brute fighter, ala Christian Bale, and more detective / vastly intelligent. Batman does a great deal of pure "patrolling" in the movie.

2. Bruce Wayne is a brooding billionaire playboy. Not an aloof, arrogant prick ala Bale's Wayne, much more like Keatons. He is in a serious, lengthy relationship with Gotham rich girl ad social Silver St. Cloud. The relationship grows serious, and Bruce finds himself torn between it and Batman, when:

3. Dick Grayson comes into play. Not to be too spoilish, Dick Grayson is the 22 year old star of the flying Grayson's trapese act in a traveling circus. The circus ring leader brings it to town to make money while he settles a debt with crime boss Oswald Cobblepot, aka THE PENGUIN. ***** parents find themselves murdered by a rival gang. Dick survives. Robin is written as a boss, people are going to go ape over his character. Robin big introduction is the coolest by a superhero yet.

4. The Penguin is a big villain, but this is riddlers movie. The Penguin is on the hunt for something, called "project achilles".

5. The Riddler owns. Vastly intelligent. Edward Nygma begins the movie as a prisoner in Arkham asylum, having never fully become the riddler yet. The Penguin breaks him and unleashes the Riddler on Gotham while enlisting his intelligence in the project Achilles mess.

So, how does the movie flow? Open with established Batman on patrol. He utilizes his batbike, hangglider wings, and bathook at great effect. Bruce is in love with silver st. cloud, who wants to take things to the other level. Silver and Bruce have a past, and Silver's husband, a politician, died. She returned to Bruce, claiming she never stopped loving him, but sad/hurt. Silver does NOT know Bruce is Batman, primarily due to that nobody sees Batman. He is mostly in the shadows, though crimeboss Penguin fears him. Old sage Alfred is in favor of Bruce hanging up the batcape to settle down. Gordon, on the other hand, notes that Batman is in his prime, and the city needs him terribly. The Penguin breaks Edward Nygma out of Arkham Asylum, where he was imprisoned for making threats against the city. Penguin frees him, and orders him to use his intelligence to help him solve "project achilles". Nygma becomes The Riddler, and has plans of his own for the city which turned it's back on him. The flying Graysons are murdered (long story short), and the gymnast prodigy Dick Grayson goes missing. As we learn earlier, Dick was picked on growing up. He is a big guy and elite street fighter who has no time or patience for bullies; something Bruce observes. He runs away after his parents murders, disappearing into Gotham. The Riddler begins committing, basically, terrorist attacks with Riddles attached to them. What Batman fails to see is the Riddler uses the Batman to lead them to "Achilles". The Riddler deduces that the Batman is the worlds greatest detective, and sets him up. While all of this is going on, Bruce relationship with Silver becomes strained as Batman is taking more out of him; Dick becomes Robin obviously, so he and bruce has a bond. There is a lot of dramatic stuff, but the action here should be incredible.

-The new batmobile can also be a batplane. It is NOT the Batwing, which we see in action, but the car can fly. There is an incredible action sequence set in the wooded mountains outside of Gotham City. Batman uses the batmobile like a hovercraft to go to a huge warehouse, which is actually a government facility in secret. He breaks in - long story short, the Riddler has followed him. Stuff happens and the The Riddler leaves Batman for dead. Batman is rescued by Jim Gordon. He than races back to gotham in his car, chasing after the riddler. The warehouse fight and ensuring chase sequence should be spectacular.

- the finale will be jawdropping as well. The batwing is involved, as is the ocean, and downtown gotham i.e. between the skyscrapers. It will be epic.

Overall, its a spellbinding read. The robin story will be great, the riddler is a badass, and Batman has never been more fun.

Reviews of "THE BATMAN", which tomorrow at midnight, are astounding
"The most enjoyable Batman movie yet. If you're buying presales, don't buy tickets for one, just buy 3 ahead of time, because you will want to see it again."
"An action packed thrill ride"
"you wont believe your eyes"
"A thunderous crowd pleasing epic"
"The hero side of batman is back!"
"Depp is amazing, Williams a stunner, and Gosling a boss"
"Robin is as cool as the other side of the pillow"
Batman is back and better than ever!"

THE BATMAN part of larger DC picture
Word on the street is THE BATMAN is going to be one of two pure Batman and Robin movies, but Gosling, Hemsworth, and everybody else has signed on for a 3 picture deal. The 3rd picture? A retired Batman to fight Henry Cavills Superman in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN!

Last edited:
Great way of doing it But I'll just post some of my ideas in a basic way!..

Film title:
Batman:The Caped Crusader

Story:For months Batman has been a vigilante myth in Gotham City and now Bruce Wayne/Batman faces his first biggest challenges yet&needs to prove himself as Gotham's savior,Mobsters are carrying high-quality&high-tech weapons thanks to arms dealer Oswald Cobblepot aka The Penguin and a mad-man obsessed with finding out the truth about Batman who puts the Bat on a set of lethal riddle-ling tests courtesy of Edward Nigma aka The Riddler!!

Cast:
Jim Caviezel as Bruce Wayne/Batman
7RRVV.jpg

John Clesse as Alfred Pennyworth
euua3.jpg

Sam Elliot as Commissioner James Gordon
D0EbO.jpg

Paul Bettany as Edward Nigma/The Riddler
9kyPJ.jpg

Phillip Seymour Hoffman as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin
0yOIl.jpg

Ali Larter as Vickie Vale
dVtnx.jpg

Batsuit:
vAt7w.jpg

Gotham:B'89 or Returns's as a template

Last edited:
While Nolan preached realism, i very much want viewers to feel as if theyve been transported into another world" - guillermo del toro

Arkham Asylum
batman-arkham-asylum-gate.jpg

ROBIN (Liam Hemsworth)
Robin_color_001.jpg

THE RIDDLER (Johnny Depp)
The-Riddler-Batman-the-Animated-Series-.jpg

THE PENGUIN (Robin Williams)
250px-PenguinBatman.png

SILVER ST. CLOUD
n8nh8fd73t686td.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just going on a lark here but Colin Farrell has matured enough and is still handsome enough to play Bruce Wayne in a few years.

The worse that could happen is that the studios can wait for scrunchy faced Taylor Lautner to get into his 30's to play a pansy Joel Schumacher Batman all over again

Hell no to a Notebook reunion in the next Batman.

Yuck.

With the impending end of the Nolan era, the franchise is in need of new direction. Pitch your ideas HERE. Who is the crew, who is the cast, what is the story, what is the title, when do you want it out, etc. Is it part of a bigger plan?

Here is mine. Trying to be creative; I will let it play out kinda/sorta like news breaking. The story is all done, Ill show it at the end like its a film release.

The final (noteworthy) members of THE BATMAN
(in order of billing)
Ryan Gosling - Bruce Wayne / Batman
Johnny Depp - Edward Nygma / The Riddler
Rachel McAdams - Silver. St. Cloud
Liam Hemsworth - Dick Grayson / Robin
Robin Williams - Oswald Cobblepot / The Penguin
Chris Cooper - Commissioner James Gordon
Anthony Hopkins - Alfred

Concept Art & details leak about THE BATMAN
*THE BATMAN will feature a return to the comic booky batcave, batmobile, etc.

Here are some pictures of Gotham City, the batmobile, and the batsuit.
Gotham_City_(Burtonverse)_02.jpg

Gotham%20City%20Concept%20Art.jpg

20.jpg

Gotham is huge, gross, dirty, futuristic.

The Batsuit - strong, flexable, intimidating looking.
DC_Comic__s_Batman__Stealth_by_skywarp_2.png

^, but with this logo:

97-97004_bat_batman_logo_prod

The Batmobile - with fins added. Sleek, strong, and fast.
MiguelLopez-batmobile.jpg

The Batcave - huge, advanced. underground fortress.
batcave_sketch_by_nebezial.jpg

Batcave_010.jpg
Uh, wow. While I think you went a little too far with the pretend tweets and all and "news articles", I can really respect what you did and I will say, you have a much more creative mind than I.

But actually, while I don't have a set idea for an entire film series, I do have an idea for a final film (or films, I'll explain why in a moment) for a series. I would basically combine Batman: Contagion, Batman: Cataclysm, No Man's Land, Batman: Arkham Asylum/City into one or more. The reason I say more is that there is A LOT of story to tell, meaning that you'd have to break it up into at least two or more films. But my plan would be that Arkham Asylum would be the story for the first film which would lead into Arkham City. Now in the game, it's said that there had been tremors in the area before construction on the city began. Well, why not have that lead into Cataclysm where ALL of Gotham is affected by an earthquake. Now where does Contagion come in? Well, the earthquakes mean that people are now being forced to come together which means that the virus can spread more quickly, causing a pandemic. In No Man's Land, you can have the whole virus situation continue where people are trying to keep away from the infected, and it doesn't help that they still have to go out in the open to get necessary things for survival. I was just thinking about that a while ago.

One thing I like about Nolan's series the the development of Bruce's tech and his training in BB. However, a better explanation for his suit was lacking. I've geared the running thread of my Reboot Saga around that.

To start, let's look at a couple who were neglected by Nolan--Thomas and Martha Wayne.

Thomas Wayne was born a destitute youth with no prospects for the future. His street savvy allowed him to work his way up in the Gotham underworld.

It brought him to the attention of a newcomer to the mob scene, Antonio Falcone. Antonio adopted Thomas and gave him funding for a college education. Thomas returned to Gotham City as a prospective businessman.

Wayne Enterprises was soon established and firmly entrenched in Gotham’s local economy. Their area of expertise was Applied Sciences with a focus on weapons both of both the local law enforcement and military.

Thomas Wayne regularly took batches of the weaponry back to Wayne Manor. There he removed all indications that they were produced by his company. Then the weapons were given to an agent in the employ of Antonio Falcone.

News would periodically surface of corruption in the GPD. However, those who reported on it never had another story published in the newspapers. Word of riots in the Narrows and impending turf wars would also appear from time to time.

Like those who reported on corruption in the GPD, these reporters turned up missing or their news agency, along with the reporter who issued it, would retract the story and cite logical reasons for the retraction.

Thomas Wayne had an idea as to why these stories were really pulled, and why some of these reporters were turning up dead. In order to assuage his guilt, Thomas attended medical school and returned to Gotham. He began doing work in the hospital, having left the running of Wayne Enterprises to a trusted member of the Sionis family.

The Falcone empire continued to get its weapons from Wayne Enterprises while Thomas Wayne set up a clinic in the Narrows. Many of his patients were victims of the Falcone-Zucco turf war. Wayne meets a former prostitute and befriends her.

She tells him she knows about his deal with Falcone. She convinces him that even if he isn’t directly tied to the weapons development in Wayne Enterprises, he’s still letting the guns flood the streets. This in turn provides him with patients in order to alleviate his guilt.

Soon the wounds of those coming into the clinic become much more severe. The war between Falcone and Zucco reaches its crescendo. Falcone himself visits Thomas and Martha at the clinic.

He’s got enough money to put Martha through a drug rehab program. Martha refuses the offer, and Thomas tells Falcone that he can finance her time in rehab. After Martha leaves, Falcone lays out an Ultimatum:

He’ll cut all ties to Wayne Enterprises in exchange for one last weapons cache and any information Wayne can get on the Sionis family. Thomas readily agrees, being blinded by the light at the end of the tunnel. Thus the information is given to Falcone and Wayne’s involvement with Antonio Falcone is at an end.

Martha begins attending drug rehab. She eventually completes it successfully. The Falcone empire manages to take out the Zucco family’s power base and gains dominance over the Narrows.

The Sionis family is ousted as having leaked chemical and biological weaponry into the Gotham Underworld (a last courtesy of Antonio Falcone to Thomas Wayne). Then the announcement of Thomas’s engagement to Martha is made public. Gotham sees it as a fairy-tale romance. In addition they view Thomas as a Hero for his work in the Narrows Free Clinic.

In Wayne Manor the rooms where Thomas Wayne did his work on the arms shipments for Falcone are decorated so that they are reminiscent of the Hells from Dante’s Inferno.

So, my idea is to start small, with an escalation in terms of the villains. Roughly, I'd envision:

B-1: The Reaper, with Batman coming into conflict with this vigilante and taking his place as Gotham's protector. The Reaper would have a beef with Thomas Wayne, and the movie would end with the destruction of Wayne Tower. This would allow Bruce to begin building his own legacy in Gotham and be symbolic of him breaking free of his past and rising above his father's questionable background.

I haven't anything beyond that. Some villains I want to see here are the Phantasm, Catwoman, a proper Scarecrow, Killer Croc, Man-Bat, Joker and Harleen Quinzel (She gets killed outright after she helps Joker escape confinement. Prior to this, she would listen to Joker's stories and become sympathetic toward his plight), Poison Ivy, Freeze and Black Mask.

Some half-thought out background.

Selina Kyle--Her background with Falcone is implied. We'd follow her character for a movie or two before she becomes Catwoman. Having an interest in Egyptian mythology, she would take on a Catish appearance since cats were guardians of the Underworld. In this case, she'd be trying to keep the Falcone Empire from being overtaken by a rival mob, or possibly a rival Freak mobster.

Poison Ivy--A drug pusher in Gotham who has aspirations of using her plants to take over the Underworld. Basically they implant themselves in a host, acting like a mind-controlling parasite. Her film would be full of neat body horror. The implanted hosts would have bruise-colored, cancerous growths, pulsing tumors and a deathly white countenace.

Mr. Freeze--He takes up work as a hired gun attempting to take down the Corporation responsible for pulling the plug on his research and killing Nora. Rather than dirty his hands, he freezes his hits before shattering them with a well-placed hit.

Bane--He'd have his comic book Venom. Only the tubes would be beneath his skin, and the drug would give his skin a harder texture in order to make it difficult for enemies to break the skin, thus protecting the tubes.

Killer Croc--A monstrous underground dweller who rallies the homeless people of Gotham against a Mobster using the old tunnels under the city as a gun and drug-running rout. He is vicious and has been known to cannibalize his victims. He eventually rallies the homeless against the GPD. This would be when the GPD was fully in the mob's pocket.

I love Nolan's universe with it's realism. But,I hope they lean a bit towards the fantastic with the next series. I'd love to see Clayface make an appearance.

A friend of mine, Nick (A.K.A. Black-Dragon85) has posted some designs of his today (others are older) at his DeviantArt page and I think they would be perfect to use in a reboot of Batman.

batman_by_black_dragon85-d50jm7d.jpg

the_batmobile_by_black_dragon85-d50jh61.jpg

batman__s_grapple_guns_by_black_dragon85-d45pccn.jpg

bane_by_black_dragon85-d50jf3w.jpg

bane_2_by_black_dragon85-d50jg5k.jpg

batman_villains_by_black_dragon85-d3gd47s.jpg

If you'd like to see more of Nick's art, go here:

http://black-dragon85.deviantart.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads