Mad Max: Furiosa Spinoff

Entertainment Weekly - Anya Taylor-Joy calls 'Furiosa' shoot a 'life-changing' experience
'It will probably take me two years to digest what happened,' the actress says of making the Mad Max: Fury Road prequel.

Vanity Fair - Chris Hemsworth Changed His Life After an Ominous Health Warning
[Chris Hemsworth:] "Now, if something's going to pull me away from my family and my kids, it's got to be a positive, constructive, collaborative experience. I shot with George Miller on the new prequel to Fury Road, part of the Mad Max saga, and I said to my agent said, “That's where I want to spend my work hours; with someone who is kind and collaborative and interesting.”

Can’t wait to have a first look at this. Fury Road is one of my all time favorite films and hopefully George Miller can replicate some of that magic once again.

The release date is May next year and if it follows on Fury Road’s footsteps we should get a Comic Con first look and a teaser trailer around November/December.

Gizmodo - Anya Taylor-Joy Promises Her Furiosa Prequel Is "Epic"

Anya Taylor-Joy: The main thing that [director] George [Miller] and I spoke about was that Fury Road is a road movie. It takes place over, I think, three days: getting somewhere, and then turning around, and coming back. And this is an epic. This takes place over a long period of time, and you get to know [Furiosa] better in that way. I love that character so much. That whole experience was mind-boggling, and George is the best. I hope that [people] enjoy it.

I’ll be there day 1 to see this. 100%.

Mad Max: Fury Road / Release date - May 15th
Comic-Con First Look - July 27th
Official Teaser Trailer - December 10th

Furiosa / Release date - May 24th
Comic-Con First Look - ???
Official Teaser Trailer - ???

So similar dates could be in play. Also Furiosa wrapped a good while back and by the summer they should have a good chunk of stuff done and ready to be shown to the public.

I wonder if comic con will end up like e3 one day? I hope not, it’s fun to have something to look forward to

I’ll be there day 1 to see this. 100%.

Mad Max: Fury Road / Release date - May 15th
Comic-Con First Look - July 27th
Official Teaser Trailer - December 10th

Furiosa / Release date - May 24th
Comic-Con First Look - ???
Official Teaser Trailer - ???

So similar dates could be in play. Also Furiosa wrapped a good while back and by the summer they should have a good chunk of stuff done and ready to be shown to the public.
I feel like after Fury Road ended up being the hit that it was, they’re probably not going to wait quite as long to show something to the broader audience. Gonna want to get everyone pumped as early as possible.

First Look at Anya Taylor-Joy In Mad Max: Furiosa's Dark Costume

Furiosa

George Miller’s Mad Max: Fury Road prequel Furiosa won’t be out until May 24, 2024, but three shots from the film screened as part of a sizzle reel for the company. Shot one was of a man — probably Chris Hemsworth’s character — in full Mad Max garb, complete with goggles (hence not being able to see him clearly), with his arms spread out and awaiting some kind of storm. Shot two was Anya Taylor-Joy, who plays Furiosa, using her hand to wipe black paint on her forehead. And the third shot was Taylor-Joy in full Furiosa mode, with the top half of her head completely covered in the black stuff. Again, it was a short glimpse, but it was proof the movie was coming, which is exciting.
https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2023/04/furiosa-wonka-and-aquaman-2-footage-played-at-cinemacon-2023/amp/

Last edited:
Super blurry but I really like that look. Very cool :up:.

She gave me Lady Gaga vibes from those behind the scenes pictures. Looks good though and evil, rocker long red haired CH should be cool to see.

She looks awesome! Hardcore lol.

GQ (U.K.) - Chris Hemsworth: ‘I got sick of Thor pretty quick every couple of years’
Hemsworth is good at playing the good guy. But he’s great at playing the bad guy, a cinematic sleight of hand that is still a delight in everything from Spiderhead to Bad Times at the El Royale and, thrillingly, next year’s Furiosa. “There’s a lot of dimensions to him,” agrees Furiosa director George Miller. “He can turn his hand to anything.”
Like Furiosa, slated for release next year, Miller’s prequel to his six-time Oscar-winning Mad Max: Fury Road. Hemsworth plays a bearded biker warlord called, spectacularly, Dementus. “I came into that film exhausted. I thought, ‘How am I going to get through this?’” Hemsworth admits. “Week one of rehearsals with [Miller], all of a sudden it was this reigniting of my creative energy.” It was, Hemsworth declares, “by far the best experience of my career, and something I feel the most proud of. It made me think, the work isn’t what’s exhausting, it’s what kind of work it is, and how invested I am in it and if it is challenging in the right ways.” He calls Miller “masterful”. “I’m on the hunt for more George Millers. Or more of George Miller,” Hemsworth grins. “If he’ll have me.”

When I put this to Miller, he laughs with delight. “Of course! It would be a thrill. There’s just no question,” he says. He praises Hemsworth’s dedication and precision. “Always prepared, no matter how difficult the scene, always working really hard. There’s no distractions, very focused.” But he also mentions Hemsworth’s grounded presence on set. “He’ll do everything that is needed to get the film made as well as it possibly can. He’ll work with other actors, even in smaller parts, and bond with them. If there’s any issues, and productions can sometimes be fraught, he’s the one who by example is able to calm things,” Miller adds. “We all know people, on both sides of the camera, who seem to unravel the more power and fame they get, and Chris is the antithesis of that.”

Encouraging words from Hemsworth and George Miller. Seems like he had an absolute blast working with GM and vice-versa. Both Ozzies so not a big surprise they would get along so well.

I really hope their appreciation of each other translates into great on screen stuff. Can’t wait to have a look at this thing.

what-huh.gif

We'll probably see a trailer with Aquaman.

I'm super excited for this. I have loved Miller's Mad Max Universe since I was kid after watching them together with my father. When I caught wind of Fury Road I was super Excited and couldn't wait to watch it and man on man was it even better than I had expected.

I look forward to this film, Furiosa was a great character and look forward to more adventure with her. But.... I really do hope we also get another adventure with Max Rockatansky in the near future as well.

I'm super excited for this. I have loved Miller's Mad Max Universe since I was kid after watching them together with my father. When I caught wind of Fury Road I was super Excited and couldn't wait to watch it and man on man was it even better than I had expected.

I look forward to this film, Furiosa was a great character and look forward to more adventure with her. But.... I really do hope we also get another adventure with Max Rockatansky in the near future as well.

Agreed. I watched Fury Road again last night and it's such a good movie. But by the end, I wanted to see Max's next adventure rather than Furiosa's backstory. It's Miller so I will watch it of course. But we definitely need more Max in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"