Mad Max: Furiosa Spinoff

Holy ****! What is this!?
That’s an incredible image right there. Wow!

giphy.gif
furiosa-ccxp-booth-6.jpg

"Collider's Steve Weintraub is on the ground at the event and was able to capture some first-look images at the stunning display on the con floor."

This is going to be a long wait for that trailer. The bar is pretty high as well with that first look at the younger Furiosa. That’s a bullseye first image if I’ve ever seen one, she looks absolutely incredible and almost looks like bathed in gold while being worshiped by the war boys. That background too invokes almost a biblical feel too it. It also gives me Xerxes vibes from 300. It just looks nuts in the best possible way. Good stuf!

If it wasn't for Dune Part 2 this would easily be my most anticipated movie next year with that shot.

Further proof Miller is some sort of God masquerading as a mild mannered Australian man.

When: 11/30 (Thursday)
Time: 8pm
Stage: Thunder Stage by Claro tv+
Guests: Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth, George Miller
Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth and the great filmmaker George Miller will take over the Thunder Stage for the first world presentation of the highly anticipated Furiosa, a feature that will premiere in Brazil in 2024. The film tells the story of young Furiosa, who falls into the clutches of a large horde of bikers, led by Warlord Dementus, and must survive great challenges to find and make their way back home.

So in about 16 hours from now we should be getting the panel and eventually the trailer.

So in about 16 hours from now we should be getting the panel and eventually the trailer.
I think that’s actually 8 PM Brazil time, which is three hours ahead of my time zone, which is central standard time. So, for me, it’s 5 PM CT, and for everyone else in the US, 6 PM ET and 3 PM PT.

So, we’re getting it in a bit under 7 1/2 hours. Even better. :D

I think that’s actually 8 PM Brazil time, which is three hours ahead of my time zone, which is central standard time. So, for me, it’s 5 PM CT, and for everyone else in the US, 6 PM ET and 3 PM PT.

So, we’re getting it in a bit under 7 1/2 hours. Even better. :D
confused-meme-confused.gif

7 hours it is then. :D

On the topic of Mad Max, does anybody know if Fury Road is meant to be a soft reboot or a sequel? While I do like the original Mad Max films, I can't say I'm a massive fan of them. Fury Road, on the other hand, is one of the finest films ever imo.

On the topic of Mad Max, does anybody know if Fury Road is meant to be a soft reboot or a sequel? While I do like the original Mad Max films, I can't say I'm a massive fan of them. Fury Road, on the other hand, is one of the finest films ever imo.
I think it functions as both a soft reboot and a sequel at the same time. It helps that each film in the series feels very standalone as it is.

Not even The Road Warrior? Fury Road was almost like a remake of that film.

Mad Max is sort of a scattered franchise. It’s a concept or an idea that has been refined/explored over the different iterations, they have also tried to sort of branch it out before but I feel like Fury Road was the closest to a prime execution of what that concept is suppose to be. And of course it’s sort of a stand alone story anyway but at the same time umbilically connected to what has come before.

Furiosa is probably the very first time where a resemblance of a cohesive fleshed out and connected world is attempted and I’m sure it will also stand alone in its own way as well.

Since it’s suppose to be a prequel it will likely show us more of what we’ve already seen in Fury Road but at the same time it won’t have the same cast portraying Immortan Joe or Furiosa and the titular character of the main franchise won’t even be present in this so once again it’s a whole new approach to storytelling inside this already peculiar but also convoluted franchise.

I’ve seen all the films and I loved Fury Road because it was both familiar but unexpectedly refreshing. I think you just gotta go with it and enjoy the ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"