Mad Max: Furiosa Spinoff

GKqiet5WQAAd1nl

And here’s another version of that poster with a slightly different arrangement. I think I actually prefer this one. In this case it works better when the image is compressed with the lettering filing up that middle gap much better than in the original one which has sort of a misty/faded look to that middle portion.

And another version of the poster this one coming from Warner Bros Thailand twitter page. This one has a few noticeable differences and it’s another improvement on that first look posted here. The increase of smoke and flames around that mid section makes a lot of difference and the imagery blends much better together as well. 👍

GKtZ0gyaIAALndl

This is something I’m really excited about. I thought the sound mixing and music on the trailer were really well done and I hope that level of craftsmanship carries on to the final product which seems to be the case according to GM. Also the score by Junkie XL should be a freaking treat as it was in Fury Road. In the overall sound/music/score department I think we’re pretty much set for a great time. 🙂

EW article: “This is the history of the wasteland whispered to me by Furiosa herself.”

Someone refers to the titular heroine as “the darkest of angels,” and the footage concludes.
Trailer: “There will always be war. But to get home Furiosa fought the world”

Again lending further credence to the idea that this is a story being told by a narrator perspective which in this case is the History Man.

Oh ok. That makes a lot of sense to me now.

That’s why some of the visuals have a dreamlike/nightmarish look to them… also some scenes are definitely flashbacks and others seem to be haunting her throughout her journey. There’s a sheen throughout the footage that almost invoked a myth/legend quality to it and the narration from the History Man at the end definitely accents the idea that this is a story being told and with that comes mistery, flourishes, exageration…

where-must-we-go-we-who-wander-this-wasteland-in-search-of-v0-tnewz9jst6zb1.png

In FR we just had that quote at the end while in the trailer we already hear him describe the events and now we know he’ll be telling us the audience and the people of the Wasteland her story. 👍
And there’s the History Man.

GJDSx_4XUAAHmj1

GJDSW_TWMAER6Ed

GJDSmcFWEAAKjVo

We’ll see how Furiosa does box office-wise.

Fury Road for all the overall praise and critical acclaim didn’t perform as one would’ve hoped for a film of that caliber so Furiosa definitely needs to do better in order for WB to give George Miller the green light for another Mad Max.

Since the next Mad Max would be again a prequel of sorts because it would be 1 year before the events of FR I’m pretty sure Tom Hardy would be back to reprise the role which would definitely be cool to see.

Fingers crossed Furiosa does well and we get another Mad Max film. 🙂 From the reactions I’ve seen from CinemaCon it was definitely one of the biggest highlights with a lot of people praising the way it looked and sounded. Once again the sound and music were big standouts for the people in attendance. 👍👍

New banners & posters in Portuguese.

GK7BDKkXAAIgBlG

GK6978YXIAAWqM4

GK69-ZaWAAAINeq

GK6978ZWMAA_OXI

Last edited:
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga | Official Movie Site

So they’ve updated the film’s official website with the good looking poster with more of the smoke and flames through that mid-section and if you scroll down the lettering is placed higher up too which is also a nice touch. Looks very good with those adjustments. 👍

Max’s Interceptor and Tom Hardy’s stunt double was seen on set.

224493-fury2.jpg
GKp6ZO8XIAAOnxW

Last edited:

This is it..✨Looking for someone to watch the meeting of the masters👋

📢<Furiosa: Mad Max Saga> Footage Preview & Special GV Participation Information
<Furiosa: Mad Max Saga> Footage Preview & Special GV
- Attendees: Director George Miller, Director Bong Joon-ho, Writer Kim Jung-hyuk
- Current Affairs Schedule: 4/14 (Sun) 5:30 PM
- Preview Location: CGV Yongsan I’Park Mall IMAX Hall
✔️ This event will be held on Warner Brothers’ official Instagram and X.
✔️ This preview is not a preview of the main story of <Furiosa: The Mad Max Saga>, but a preview of footage (partial screening).
✔️ This preview will be held on Sunday, April 14th at 17:30, and a conversation with the audience will be held for approximately 30 minutes after the film ends.

25 minutes preview

That’s a good chunk of footage and much more than what they showed at CinemaCon which apparently was like 5 minutes. It would be nice if we could find some reports/reactions regarding what was shown so I’ll try and keep my eyes open for that. 🙂

Early premieres tend to be a good sign and this one is indeed very early. That’s almost like 3 weeks before the movie comes out worldwide on May 22/23/24… with the screening at the Cannes Film Festival sandwiched in between on May 15th.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"